Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM

150 posts, read 92,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Is this thread really different from the others? I've yet to see a discussion that isn't just the same group of people blathering on about how they're going to buy some pasta and complaining about homosexuals hating free expression, because right wing nuts live in some delusional fantasy world where their speech should be wholly without consequence.

Have fun with your pasta though. At least Barilla's pasta is decent (for stuff out of a box), unlike Chic-Fil-A. I'll never understand why people would subject themselves to bad, unhealthy food just to show their support of bigotry.
You bigots and haters declared war on free speech and a business twice now. We fought back and won once and we will win again. You can't throw a temper tantrum every time someone decides to disagree with you. Must be hard going through life being pissed off all the time.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Lol...they lost big time...

Not So Fast: Chick-fil-A Hasn't Ended All Questionable Giving | Advocate.com

your anti straight hate lost. I remember the lines at my local Chic Fil A. It was a beautiful site. Oh and no the bigots and haters wanted to drive Chic Fil A out of business and it completely back fired.
Strange, I haven't given that company a single dollar, so I call that a success. And they will continue to not get money from me.

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe, that is the risk a company takes when they are stupid enough to infuse politics with their product. Not every company survives a boycott.
I agree. I don't need politics with my food and drink. in all honesty, I try to avoid companies that take any political stance. that includes pro gay, or anti gay. it's irritating. I have this brand of pasta because it was on sale, and no other reason.

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
You bigots and haters declared war on free speech
Branding speech you disagree with as a war on free speech - thanks for the chuckle.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
You bigots and haters declared war on free speech and a business twice now. We fought back and won once and we will win again. You can't throw a temper tantrum every time someone decides to disagree with you. Must be hard going through life being pissed off all the time.
So you are against consumerism? The consumer must buy products from companies even if they disagree with that company's politics.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I was talking about laws in our country.

Why should I give my business to a company that thinks my family is less than? He has his beliefs, he stated his beliefs, and I believe that I will not purchase his products. I am tolerating his beliefs, and he can tolerate mine.

Would you support a company that spoke out against you?
oh right, you are tolerating his beliefs, but you wont buy his products because? if you tried his products int he past and you didnt like them, that i can get behind. but if you havent tried his products, and now you are not going to buy them because of what you think he was saying, then you are NOT being tolerant of his views. you are essentially saying "i tolerate his view point as long as it matches mine, but when he has a different view point i will turn against him."

as for buying products from a company that spoke out against something i believe in, thats their business, and unless they make a crappy product, i will buy what i need from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
depends on how much I needed that product. I could give two craps about a business owners political and social beliefs. like I said, you can't taste bigotry. I buy products based on need, and price, and sometimes country of origin. I buy american whenever possible. I don't eat at chick fil a, but it's because their food tastes like garbage. not for political reasons. they have good lemonade though.

Quote:
So you are against consumerism? You are aware consumers are allowed to decide what products they want to buy and don't want to buy. If a company is stupid enough to throw politics into their product, they deserve the backlash they get from it.

What if this company said we should ban all guns, would you boycott them or keep giving them your money for their product?
another person trying to put words in my mouth, and ones that are rubbish. so i will explain it to you, i am all for consumerism, it works nicely. what i am against is militant consumerism, where company CEOs cant say what they want just because they run the company.

if someone sell s bad product, it deserves to not be bought, and thus the company go out of business. on the other hand if a company puts out a good product, and judging by the fact that barrilla sells worldwide and sells well they put out a good product, then consumers should buy the product if they want it or not buy if they dont want it. politics should not enter into the fray, its s stupid reason not to buy a product.

and if he said i think all guns should be banned, and i am working towards that end, and if he sold a product that i liked, which he does, i would still buy that product because i like the product, not because i like or dislike his politics.

see unlike you i really am tolerant of other peoples views. i may disagree with them, but that doesnt mean that suddenly i have to not like them or their business. boycotts are rubbish.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Why used dried pasta from a box when you can make it fresh at home in just five minutes? It's easy. All you need is flour, an egg, and a pasta roller.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh right, you are tolerating his beliefs, but you wont buy his products because? if you tried his products int he past and you didnt like them, that i can get behind. but if you havent tried his products, and now you are not going to buy them because of what you think he was saying, then you are NOT being tolerant of his views. you are essentially saying "i tolerate his view point as long as it matches mine, but when he has a different view point i will turn against him."

as for buying products from a company that spoke out against something i believe in, thats their business, and unless they make a crappy product, i will buy what i need from them

another person trying to put words in my mouth, and ones that are rubbish. so i will explain it to you, i am all for consumerism, it works nicely. what i am against is militant consumerism, where company CEOs cant say what they want just because they run the company.

if someone sell s bad product, it deserves to not be bought, and thus the company go out of business. on the other hand if a company puts out a good product, and judging by the fact that barrilla sells worldwide and sells well they put out a good product, then consumers should buy the product if they want it or not buy if they dont want it. politics should not enter into the fray, its s stupid reason not to buy a product.

and if he said i think all guns should be banned, and i am working towards that end, and if he sold a product that i liked, which he does, i would still buy that product because i like the product, not because i like or dislike his politics.

see unlike you i really am tolerant of other peoples views. i may disagree with them, but that doesnt mean that suddenly i have to not like them or their business. boycotts are rubbish.
So you are against consumerism when you disagree with consumers. There is no such thing as militant consumers. If a company puts in politics with their product, then they run the risk of that effecting their product. So you are either all for consumerism or you are only for it when you agree with consumers.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:44 AM

150 posts, read 92,779 times
Quote:
Strange, I haven't given that company a single dollar, so I call that a success. And they will continue to not get money from me.
For every one of you there are 10 of us. Just like happened on Chic Fil A appreciation day. Do you not remember the lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Branding speech you disagree with as a war on free speech - thanks for the chuckle.
Nope. Threatening to try and shut down a company because their CEO disagrees with your lifestyle is war.

Quote:
So you are against consumerism? The consumer must buy products from companies even if they disagree with that company's politics.
Big difference in not buying something because you don't like the food or that kind of food and refusing to buy it because someone said something you disagree with. Nice try in twisting my words. I don't like starbucks coffee I am not boycotting them just don't buy it because I don't like it and its expensive.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
For every one of you there are 10 of us. Just like happened on Chic Fil A appreciation day. Do you not remember the lines?

Nope. Threatening to try and shut down a company because their CEO disagrees with your lifestyle is war.

Big difference in not buying something because you don't like the food or that kind of food and refusing to buy it because someone said something you disagree with. Nice try in twisting my words. I don't like starbucks coffee I am not boycotting them just don't buy it because I don't like it and its expensive.
So you would wait in line to support chic-fil-a if they said they supported banning and confiscating all guns, and donated to a lobby group trying to make that happen? Or would you boycott them, even though you like their chicken sandwiches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies