U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 PM

17,475 posts, read 6,427,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I can.

My 21 year old son, who isn't in college and who doesn't have a job that provides health benefits, had had two hospital visits -- one was surgery, in the last few months. Without Obamacare, that would have been an out-of-pocket cost. Due to Obamacare, my son remained on my family health plan.

Thanks Obama!
Meanwhile....

100 Unintended Consequences of Obamacare

United Parcel Service (a unionized company)

Fifteen thousand employees’ (that's 15,000) spouses will no longer be able to use UPS’s health-care plan because they have access to coverage elsewhere. The “costs associated with the Affordable Care Act have made it increasingly difficult to continue providing the same level of health care benefits to our employees at an affordable cost,” the delivery giant said in a company memo. The move is expected to save the company $60 million next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:02 PM

1,733 posts, read 867,074 times
Cavuto is about 20 times more intelligent than that charlatan, Dear Leader.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM

1,373 posts, read 350,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I strongly support the Affordable Care Act. Right-wingers be damned. You lost.
The Fat Lady (pardon the pone)has not yet sung! All of these exemptions to Gov workers, unions and one who wishes to contribute to the DNC, will be Death of ACA.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 PM

19,337 posts, read 10,202,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As they should. Congressional staffers don't make that much money compared to their skills. That's why so many of them go from the halls of Congress to K Street.

We should be providing health care, as most large companies provide.
Has Obama been honest about it will cost the average person to buy health Insurance? If not then how can the President of the United States be so far off? The fact is that his estimate of the cost for an individual and their family is not going to cost the same as a cable bill or their cell phone bill.
Why the need to misrepresent the facts?
As for congress and their staffers. They enjoy a great many benefits at the tax payers expense. They also depending on the success of the congressman/ Senator can expect some pretty good job offers after they leave. The bottom line is that a lot of americans do not receive health insurance from their employers. Why should elected reps who make far more receive exemptions or waivers? Good enough for we the people should be good enough for them.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 PM

18,820 posts, read 7,745,001 times
Why are right wingers eating their collective kishkas out?...look it up, it's a Yiddish expression. If The ACA is unsuccessful, the right wing will have the edge and it will be reflected in the polls and in the voting booths...BUT, if it is successful and therefore popular, well then, that's another story...oy vey Teapublicans, oy vey....LOL

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM

408 posts, read 45,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Meanwhile....

United Parcel Service (a unionized company)

Fifteen thousand employees’ (that's 15,000) spouses will no longer be able to use UPS’s health-care plan because they have access to coverage elsewhere. The “costs associated with the Affordable Care Act have made it increasingly difficult to continue providing the same level of health care benefits to our employees at an affordable cost,” the delivery giant said in a company memo. The move is expected to save the company $60 million next year.
Just because UPS says it, that doesn't mean it's true. If you read the details, UPS is actually dropping spouses who have access to health plans through *their own employers* in order to save costs -- and that's been a common occurrence in American business over the last several years. My wife's employer made that exact same change to their benefit policies several years ago -- *before* President Obama was even elected.

Back in 2001, Winn-Dixie blamed a lousy business quarter on 9/11. It sounded pretty plausible until you discovered that Winn-Dixie's financial quarter ended on 9/30/2001.

Key takeaway: don't believe everything Public Relations people tell you.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM

41,856 posts, read 18,721,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Are you aware of how tax credits work? It would be subtracted from whatever you owe (or added to your refund) on April 15th. That's my understanding.
I am aware of how they work, just another element to complicate things. The way I see it, I'd rather KEEP the money and invest it into other areas that are going to give me better returns, instead of having to wait until I get the tax refund.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM

5,467 posts, read 1,401,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why are right wingers eating their collective kishkas out?...look it up, it's a Yiddish expression. If The ACA is unsuccessful, the right wing will have the edge and it will be reflected in the polls and in the voting booths...BUT, if it is successful and therefore popular, well then, that's another story...oy vey Teapublicans, oy vey....LOL
Once entitlement spending is passed it can never be undone. In the history of man government always expands to increase the power of government. We are not different.

It is either stopped now, or it exists until the fall of the nation.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 AM

9,936 posts, read 9,909,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The right wing is wondering why Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi love it enough for everyone else but not for them and their fellow representatives and senators.
That's because, now that the bill has passed, they have read it and know what's in it. They should be embarrassed, but I don't think liberals are capable of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies