Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 09:33 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
So are AFL-CIO Union members,Congress & their staffs they pushed the EASY BUTTON while your average joe taxpayers get the bill again !
Learn something.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...alth-care-law/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Why do you -- or any conservative -- suddenly care about the working class? Until any of you answer that question, you have no place to complain about how those people are treated.
Your strawman is dead in the water. When you can see past the liberal talking points, let us know. Until then, there's no reason to even reply to this crap with a dignified response.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Why do you -- or any conservative -- suddenly care about the working class? Until any of you answer that question, you have no place to complain about how those people are treated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
un like you guys conservatives always believed to help the middle class they need policies that aid in private job creation instead of policies of food stamps and welfare. Better to create jobs then to create a welfare state as the liberal want
wjtwet is right. the republicans have always cared about the poor and the middle class, but rather than add another expensive and wasteful government program to spoon feed these people and make them dependent on government, the republicans would rather help them lift themselves out of the situations they are in and make a better life for themselves.

as for obama, he has either realized, or has always known, that obamacare is farce of a program that was doomed to failure from the beginning and he is now, and always has been, looking for people to blame for his failures.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
They won't. They will be charged a "penalty" by the IRS and will remain uninsured without any health care. You see why this is not about health care? You see how it's just another revenue generation device for the government? You see how it's about control?

Or are you all still blind and drunk?
Huh? None of that is lost on me.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wjtwet is right. the republicans have always cared about the poor and the middle class, but rather than add another expensive and wasteful government program to spoon feed these people and make them dependent on government, the republicans would rather help them lift themselves out of the situations they are in and make a better life for themselves.

as for obama, he has either realized, or has always known, that obamacare is farce of a program that was doomed to failure from the beginning and he is now, and always has been, looking for people to blame for his failures.
Bingo!
Rep inbound.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
un like you guys conservatives always believed to help the middle class they need policies that aid in private job creation instead of policies of food stamps and welfare. Better to create jobs then to create a welfare state as the liberal want
Isn't that how they operate? If liberal progressive policies create more poverty, the left is fine with it because... hey... let them go on Welfare, or Food Stamps, or live of extended unemployment. It reminds me of Ebanizer Srouge, who asked if the workhouses were no longer in operation.

First Collector: At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute.
Ebenezer: Are there no prisons?
First Collector: Plenty of prisons.
Ebenezer: And the union workhouses - are they still in operation?
First Collector: They are. I wish I could say they were not.
Ebenezer: Oh, from what you said at first I was afraid that something had happened to stop them in their useful course. I'm very glad to hear it.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:40 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
You get tax credits based on your income. I think that point has been made at least 5000 times here. Memory malfunction perhaps?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Republicans suddenly care about low-income Americans. That was a pretty quick turnaround, wasn't it.
A TAX credit? So.... Tell me, does the cost of the insurance come out of your check and, when you file for your taxes at the end of the year, you apply the tax credit, against your total income, and it gets you a refund? OR, do the credit your check on each check??? I can tell you, and it ain't the second option...

SO??? It means, why you get compensated, it's not during the year, while you are NOW paying for the cost of the insurance, you couldn't afford in the first place. SO?? What you are cutting back on till you get your tax refund? Food?

Last edited by Darkatt; 09-27-2013 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
A TAX credit? So.... Tell me, to this cover the cost of the insurance out of your check? OR, when you file for your taxes at the end of the year, you apply the tax credit, against your total income, and it gets you a refund.
Are you aware of how tax credits work? It would be subtracted from whatever you owe (or added to your refund) on April 15th. That's my understanding.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cavuto is started to get scared that Obamacare will not be repealed and as folks understand the law better and benefit from it, they will like it. The right-wingers are starting to freak out. I love it.
Wrong! Cavuto is disgusted by an immature president who blames everyone else for pointing out the failures of his own words, promises and policies.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Hey the Democratic party created most of the policy that is crushing us today they governed for most all the 20th century that has got us in this mess involved us in all the major wars,shipped your jobs overseas,won't use our resources and dumbdown your children to 38th in the world.
I think some of you are paid puppets ...the $oro$ payroll troll patrol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies