U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-27-2013, 06:41 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
7,075 posts, read 5,117,540 times
Reputation: 4754

Advertisements

(Sigh)...why Gettysburg? Very damn few of the soldiers who died there were fighting for race. What a disrespect. Another hijacking of history.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 PM
 
2,510 posts, read 596,497 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
(Sigh)...why Gettysburg? Very damn few of the soldiers who died there were fighting for race. What a disrespect. Another hijacking of history.
Of course it was the beginning of the end of The Confederacy.

Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War: Tony Horwitz: 9780679758334: Amazon.com: Books
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM
 
150 posts, read 20,094 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
They should have some balls and rally in some Chicago neighborhoods like Englewood and Roseland.
Because those are such peaceful calm areas eh?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 AM
 
Location: Andersonville, Chicago
7,976 posts, read 8,017,467 times
Reputation: 5357
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've heard all of that before, and based on deeds and history, it all comes up to just talk. The KKK is basically a terrorist organization.
The KKK is harmless. Harmless terrorists. lol
They have like 500 members nationwide at the most.

I would be more concerned with the skinheads and alike joining the rally. They like to fight.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Andersonville, Chicago
7,976 posts, read 8,017,467 times
Reputation: 5357
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There will be 5 people there and 7 protesters. Not much to see.
Maybe more like 12 KKK people, 20 skinheads, 10 curious people and 80 protestors.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
7,075 posts, read 5,117,540 times
Reputation: 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I read this book. It's in my library. I re enacted for ten years as well. Have a smidgen of history study in there. Slavery and race purity as the core values of the Confederacy is the accepted historical teaching, even though it is false. And yes, Gettysburg was where the tide turned against Lee.

However, the thousands of Confederate soldiers who died in the war, were not fighting for the ideals the Klan has today, and standing on their graves this way is wrong. Personally, I don't find the KKK representitive of the South. Just me though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 09:28 AM
 
12,231 posts, read 3,321,432 times
Reputation: 2371
I don't agree with the racism the permeates the KKK groups but even a broken clock is right twice a day. They are right protesting illegal immigration. Funny how the ethnocentrics and liberal lefties didn't demonize the reconquistas who permeated the illegal alien marches and protests saying that white Americans need to go back to Europe, isn't? Such hypocrites!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 02:54 PM
 
27,028 posts, read 22,443,820 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
They should have some balls and rally in some Chicago neighborhoods like Englewood and Roseland.
Actually, some Neo-Nazis had the guts to march into a Black neighborhood. It turned into a riot.

2005 Toledo Riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Channel 7 - Nazi Rally - Toledo, Ohio - News 12-10-05 - YouTube
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM
 
27,028 posts, read 22,443,820 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The KKK is harmless. Harmless terrorists. lol
They have like 500 members nationwide at the most.

I would be more concerned with the skinheads and alike joining the rally. They like to fight.
The KKK has committed acts of terror on other people. I don't consider them completely harmless. Old, stupid, and low on membership, perhaps. However, there are more than 500 members of the KKK. It's more like in the thousands of member.

Neo-Nazis, however, are some violent people, and younger.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:22 PM
 
2,510 posts, read 596,497 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I read this book. It's in my library. I re enacted for ten years as well. Have a smidgen of history study in there. Slavery and race purity as the core values of the Confederacy is the accepted historical teaching, even though it is false. And yes, Gettysburg was where the tide turned against Lee.

However, the thousands of Confederate soldiers who died in the war, were not fighting for the ideals the Klan has today, and standing on their graves this way is wrong. Personally, I don't find the KKK representitive of the South. Just me though.
Not just you. I grew up in the South. I and Nathan Bedford Forrest have long understood the Klan to be fringe.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top