Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 PM

138 posts, read 328,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
There were no countries on this side of the pond when we gringos showed up, and we showed up A LOT earlier than Columbus ever did, I can tell you that.

Norse colonization of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leif Eriksson — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

I know the truth hurts, but no Europeans on this continent a few hundred years ago, you'd quite possibly still be living like pygmies.
And again, my people were here long before those barbarians too.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Native? Sounds like your mexican not a US native american
Doesn't matter who was here first anyway. There were no immigration laws or ownership of land back then. The American continent was a wide open frontier and the Europeans had every right to migrate here just like the so-called native Indians migrated here over the Bering Strait.

You are correct. The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans whom were the Aztecs, Mayans, Yaqui, etc. settled south of our border. Their descendants have no tribal claims to the U.S. as the Apache, Navajo, etc. do by settling within our borders and were extended those rights through treaties with the U.S. and are given citizenship in this country.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
And again, my people were here long before those barbarians too.
Ah, the truth comes out! You're a white American hater even though those alive today had nothing to do with the past and in fact all your ancestors that were involved in that past are all dead also. Bring yourself up to current history and get your head out of the past. Barbarians? Like the so-called native Indians weren't barbarians?

Here's a hint "Azteca". The Aztecs were not indigenous to THIS country. Look southward and take your beefs up with the Spanish in Mexico.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Native? Sounds like your mexican not a US native american
Exactly! The descendants of the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans do not have any claims on THIS country. Their ancestors settled south of our border.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It doesn't matter which side of your genetics you favor physically. You cannot deny or play down any part of your genetic makeup. Why are your Spanish roots insignificant to you? Is it because being partially native indian is the " in thing" and gets you more? What's with the "you whites"? I haven't even mentioned what race I am. What makes you think that only whites would inform you of the truth?

If you feel the Spanish culture, language, surnames were forced on your ancestors then don't speak Spanish and change your surname if it bothers you so much. It is ridiculous to claim that there were no amicable relationships between the Spaniards and the so-called native indans back then anyway.

Don't know why blacks aren't called Mulattoes if they are of mixed race. That is certainly what they are and I have no problem calling them that. So-called American Indians may not want to be called Mestizos even though it may be the truth. You're a good example of that. Why the sensitivity of being called what you actually are? No, you are not just "indian". You have admitted that you are also of Spanish roots. Why remain in denial of the truth?
Again, I'm not a spaniard, what spanish DNA I may, hence the word, "may" have, is nothing to me. I am a Native. Btw, I love how you didn't talk about all the white people who are actually mixed. There is a significant population of whites who are mixed with some African and Native DNA. Why aren't they calling themselves racially mixed instead of white, hmm?

I know you're white because for one, the majority of this "Mexicans are not Indian" ignorance comes from White Americans. I blame the American education system really, I can see why our country is looked upon as generally uneducated when our American people say such things as "Mexicans are not Natives". What's next, black people aren't Africans? White people aren't Europeans?

I don't look European, I don't call myself European, so why should I associate myself with Europeans just because YOU want me to? Sorry, I am in no way shape or form related to you. I am a Native.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Ah, the truth comes out! You're a white American hater even though those alive today had nothing to do with the past and in fact all your ancestors that were involved in that past are all dead also. Bring yourself up to current history and get your head out of the past. Barbarians? Like the so-called native Indians weren't barbarians?

Here's a hint "Azteca". The Aztecs were not indigenous to THIS country. Look southward and take your beefs up with the Spanish in Mexico.
I don't hate white people... I just think it silly to say Mexicans aren't Natives. That's like saying white Americans aren't European people, or that black Americans aren't African people...

Old 10-09-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Again, I'm not a spaniard, what spanish DNA I may, hence the word, "may" have, is nothing to me. I am a Native. Btw, I love how you didn't talk about all the white people who are actually mixed. There is a significant population of whites who are mixed with some African and Native DNA. Why aren't they calling themselves racially mixed instead of white, hmm?

I know you're white because for one, the majority of this "Mexicans are not Indian" ignorance comes from White Americans. I blame the American education system really, I can see why our country is looked upon as generally uneducated when our American people say such things as "Mexicans are not Natives". What's next, black people aren't Africans? White people aren't Europeans?

I don't look European, I don't call myself European, so why should I associate myself with Europeans just because YOU want me to? Sorry, I am in no way shape or form related to you. I am a Native.
I didn't say you were Spaniard. That is a nationality. What I said is that genetically you are white from your Spanish ancestors and your other half is of the indian bloodlines. However, if you speak Spanish which most mestizos do they can be called Hispanic culturally.

White people who are mixed are also not just white. Where did I deny that? I can't speak for what other people choose to call themselves. All I am saying is if one is of mixed race they can't realistically or genetically just refer to themselves by half of their genetics. What part of that aren't you getting?

Where did I say that Mexicans aren't Indian? I didn't say that. What I said is that they are partially or half Indian. What part of that aren't you getting? Mexican is a nationality. It denotes what country you are a citizen of. Same thing for whites, blacks or any other race of person born in this country they would be U.S. citizens not Europeans or Africans. Their ancestors might be but they aren't. You're really confused, aren't you? Learn to know the difference between race/genetics, culture and nationality. You're a native what?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I don't hate white people... I just think it silly to say Mexicans aren't Natives. That's like saying white Americans aren't European people, or that black Americans aren't African people...
Mexicans are native to Mexico. White Americans are not Europeans they are U.S. citizens. Their ancestors may have come from another continent but white Americans born here are indigenous to this continent and country not Europe. No, American blacks are not African. That is a continent. American blacks are U.S. citizens. You really need to educate yourself on this subject as you are totally uniformed. You are confusing one's ancestor's locale with their descendants locale.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:

Just because you don't favor your Spanish white European side physically does not change the facts of your genetics. If you are a citizen of this country then you are an American (a commonly used word to describe U.S. citizens). If you were born in Mexico and are not also a U.S. citizen then you are a Mexican by nationality. You can't even keep countries separate from continents and race separate from nationality you are so confused. Of course you shouldn't call yourself a European if you were born on this continent. Who said you should? I don't care whom you associate with. Genetics are still genetics. Remain in denial if you wish but first educate yourself on this subject.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Mexicans are native to Mexico. White Americans are not Europeans they are U.S. citizens. Their ancestors may have come from another continent but white Americans born here are indigenous to this continent and country not Europe. No, American blacks are not African. That is a continent. American blacks are U.S. citizens. You really need to educate yourself on this subject as you are totally uniformed. You are confusing one's ancestor's locale with their descendants locale.
White Americans are not indigenous to the U.S. territory, LOL. They are indigenous to the European continent, buddy. Black Americans are not indigenous to the U.S territory, they are indigenous to the African Continent. Mexicans are indigenous to the Mexican territory and the American continents.

Last edited by Texan_Azteca; 10-09-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies