Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

I am cautious in poverty stricken areas regardless of the racial makeup of that area. Many of these areas are predominately black. I have no fear of the black males in my working middle-class neighborhood, including Carl who lives next door on one side of me.

Let me say this; any male who knocks on a lone woman's house at 2 AM should not expect to be welcomed inside.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Is fear of a black man justified?

I'm simply at a loss as to why anyone would fear a Black man.

Guy punches female clerk over $1.41 cigar. - YouTube
The fact is that people do fear the black man and have been fearing the black man every since this country enslaved black people. What America has long feared is "Payback" and they understand human nature enough to realize that when you wrong a group of people, that if there is to be retribution that it will come from the male. This is why Pharaoh wanted to kill Hebrew baby boys, lest they become too strong and rise up against them. This is the traditional reason that the black man has been feared in America and this is why society seeks to keep the black man focused on killing each other and at war with each other, to get them locked up, lest they release their frustrations out on the system.

That having been said, if one looks at the last 400 years, the group that the world should fear is the white man. Hide your land and resources.....because they will kill, colonize or enslave you for it......all while trying to make it appear as if they are doing their victims a "Favor"...by liberating them and spreading their superior culture.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-29-2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old 09-29-2013, 08:34 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The fact is that people do fear the black man and have been fearing the black man every since this country enslaved black people. What America has long feared is "Payback" and they understand human nature enough to realize that when you wrong a group of people, that if there is to be retribution that it will come from the male. This is why Pharaoh wanted to kill Hebrew baby boys, lest they become too strong and rise up against them. This is the traditional reason that the black man has been feared in America and this is why society seeks to keep the black man focused on killing each other and at war with each other, to get them locked up, lest they release their frustrations out on the system.

That having been said, if one looks at the last 400 years, the group that the world should fear is the white man. Hide your land and resources.....because they will kill, colonize or enslave you for it......all while trying to make it appear as if they are doing their victims a "Favor"...by liberating them and spreading their superior culture.
Many people don't understand that the attitudes and hatred toward Blacks, this goes back to the beginning of this nation, and before the beginning. This is part of why I can't justify the fear of Blacks, because it has always been like this. Blacks have been hated and treated like crap from day on.

During slavery, certain states passed laws banning Blacks from having guns. In some places, free Blacks were forbidden to live in those places.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Fearing someone and killing someone are two different things, eh?

Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlelock View Post
Since they make up 10% of the population and commit 36 percent of the crime, I should say they do pose a threat
Wouldn't it be more rational to be afraid of 80% of the population who commit 60% of the crime? You couldn't effectively isolate yourself from 80% of the population.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
You Conservatives certainly act as if you fear the Black man.
Quote:
This is especially evident among the segment of black people who
are highly educated, articulate, athletic, charismatic, full of character,
integrity, and depth.
I'm talking about Black men who strive for all that is high and noble, take care of their families, are exceptional husbands and fathers... black men like our fine President. You fear them because they are smarter, more versatile, and better than you, especially if the playing field is level. You fear them because they had to travel further and overcome far more adversity to get to a place, that you got being helped by the "unearned privilege." This is why you fight so hard to keep the playing field from being level by opposing affirmative action, clinging to your good ol boy networks, favoring other "minorities" and foreigners, and being indifferent to the devastation that slavery has wrought on successive generations of descendants of slaves.

Sure, try to focus on black men who are criminals. The real fear you have is from those on the other end.
Trouble is, there are not enough of them and I wish there were more, so I could carry on an intelligent conversation with one. Most blacks around here are the ghetto variety, not to bright and highly unintelligible.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
great op
when the sheep huddle the wolves think its discrimination
why should a police officer be afraid of a professional football player charging
doesn't he realize that as a duly appointed peace officer he has super powers and cannot be harmed?
and besides his attacker loves Winnie the poo
what further evidence do we need to convict this so called police officer
I will not take the word of a cop that this poor man was charging the officers, that doesn't make sense.
Let's see the video, otherwise this was cold blooded murder.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. As a Black man who is not a hood rat, I have to consider how it affects ME. I worry about me and how others perceive me. I shouldn't. However, being in the minority in this nation, I have to care.

And something else. You're Black. People will fear you too. Are you willing to live with that?

It disturbs me because I am affected. At the end of the day, my questions is this: HOW DOES IT HELP ME FOR SOMEONE TO FEAR ME? WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
black power?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
black power?
How is what you just said logical?

Old 09-29-2013, 12:56 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You can't have intelligent discussions with people who are in denial or defensive.
People deny falsehoods and defend their assertions. That is what intelligent debate is. Yes, I am certainly in denial of the theory of black inferiority and will defend the assertion of equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies