Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 06:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,648,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The only black man I fear is the one in the White House doing his damnedest to destroy this country from within.
The only way that the black man in the White House is going to destroy the country is if whites create a self fulfilling prophecy to that effect.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:24 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,330,486 times
I'm asian but originally from up north so I was pretty open-minded about blacks.

However, since living in Louisiana I have had SOO MANY bad experiences with black males harassing me, being violent, obnoxious, etc. The the urban ones will absolutely pick you clean (not all, its just a general statement). Once in New Orleans some black teenagers ran by and knocked my phone out of my hand, the other grabbed it off the ground and ran off. The police acted like I was out of my mind for even wasting his time. It was common he said. Wow.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:25 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,029,172 times
You should use your commons sense as to whom you should fear.

Should you fear a black man? Depends on the black man and the situation.

Should you fear every black dude you see? That's a pretty silly way to live, but have at it. No skin off my back.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM

72,828 posts, read 62,180,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
I'm asian but originally from up north so I was pretty open-minded about blacks.

However, since living in Louisiana I have had SOO MANY bad experiences with black males harassing me, being violent, obnoxious, etc. The the urban ones will absolutely pick you clean (not all, its just a general statement). Once in New Orleans some black teenagers ran by and knocked my phone out of my hand, the other grabbed it off the ground and ran off. The police acted like I was out of my mind for even wasting his time. It was common he said. Wow.
I have a few questions.

1) What does being Asian have to do with this?
2) Do you really feel now that all Black people are to be feared because of what you saw in Louisiana?

BTW, I will say this. It was really crappy for that stuff to happen to you, it should not have happened. I would say that this crap is more about New Orleans being corrupt and violent in general. Corruption and crime has been in that city since the beginning. The police rarely do their job.

I had my share of bad experiences with some White people living in the rural(more like exurban) areas of Georgia. I know that what I experience had alot to do with the kind of culture that existed out there. I didn't experience nearly as bad of things when I moved away for a while.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 AM

72,828 posts, read 62,180,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Should you fear every black dude you see? That's a pretty silly way to live, but have at it. No skin off my back.
I would find it a sad way to live.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,753,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The fact is that people do fear the black man and have been fearing the black man every since this country enslaved black people. What America has long feared is "Payback" and they understand human nature enough to realize that when you wrong a group of people, that if there is to be retribution that it will come from the male. This is why Pharaoh wanted to kill Hebrew baby boys, lest they become too strong and rise up against them. This is the traditional reason that the black man has been feared in America and this is why society seeks to keep the black man focused on killing each other and at war with each other, to get them locked up, lest they release their frustrations out on the system.

That having been said, if one looks at the last 400 years, the group that the world should fear is the white man. Hide your land and resources.....because they will kill, colonize or enslave you for it......all while trying to make it appear as if they are doing their victims a "Favor"...by liberating them and spreading their superior culture.
Wanted to say this is the best post of the thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,445,892 times
I am Puerto rican, I remember when I lived in nyc, when I would be with some friends walking down the street, usually the Asians, and some whites would cross to the other side. I knew why they did this. I was not a criminal, but the bad Ricans had given me a bad name. I did not see it as racist, it was truth. Ricans commited crime at an alarming rate. so I had to endure the outcome of it. I knew why people crossed the street, they thought we were trouble. and that thinking was justified, by the actions of a few.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,637,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Is fear of a black man justified?

I'm simply at a loss as to why anyone would fear a Black man.
This quote from Jessie Jackson says a lot.

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

When even this man feels fear, something is going on here, and it crosses racial lines.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,349,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I agree but I take issue with people who say ignore race completely as a factor in profiling who is or not a threat.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,349,154 times
Did anyone catch last night's Trayvon Martin/Paula Deen/Stop & Frisk SVU episode?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies