Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,496,824 times

Advertisements

At some point, the printing will stop and the leeches and Wall Street will feel the blow.

Today, tomorrow or next year, timing is irrelevant.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,168,792 times
Quote:
The debt ceiling being raised isn't something only one side needs, it's what the country needs. The GOP is trying to force partisan measures on something that is essential to the country. They're holding the American economy hostage, which will be out billions in a shutdown.
Why does the country "need" to raise the debt ceiling ? We could not raise the limit, live within our means, take our medicine and reset the economy to function without smoke and mirrors. It will mean pain now for many but that is unavoidable because RECKLESS SPENDING promoted by politicians has put us in this position.

Saying the economy will be out billions is misleading because the govt is paying itself to create tax revenue to fund itself. This will eventually hurt the ones that need the help the most - just like it has in every other country which has traveled this road. Pay now or pay later - and later comes at a much higher cost.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 AM

9,639 posts, read 5,974,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Let me tell you who has no idea of basic economics!~ You can not spend your way out of DEBT.

Go A head take one guess. All you need is just one.
You've already shown you don't understand the economy a dozen times over...

Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,381,929 times
How many times was the debt ceiling raised under Reagan? Under Bush?

Suddenly, the conservatives have developed fiscal responsibility. Call me shocked.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 AM

76,857 posts, read 47,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Why does the country "need" to raise the debt ceiling ?
Because they have bills they have promised to pay.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Wall St is extremely unhappy with the Republican threats to default on the national debt and crash the US economy. They want the adults in the Republican Party to take the remote control away from the tea party crazies. They're threatening to start taking away their lobbyist cash unless the Republicans stop allowing the nutjobs to damage the economy yet again.

Wall Street Pleads With GOP To Put The Debt Ceiling Gun Down

Wall Street is directly tied to the federal reserve. Uncle Ben has propped up Wall Street, with inflated money.

The correction is not going to be pretty, no matter how it plays out.
Remember, we are all Keynesian's now. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:33 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,880,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Suddenly, the conservatives have developed fiscal responsibility. Call me shocked.
The entire government is hypocritical here and that is a problem.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

— Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

That there are many that will defend the actions of one party or the other no matter what they say is even a bigger problem.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

It was called kicking the can down a dead end road.

Eventually you come to the end of the road.
Guess where we are in our travels since the federal reserve was created.
I believe it was Andrew Jackson that explained it well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 AM

24,341 posts, read 22,895,035 times
Wall Street owns Obama completely and most politicos as well. A few tea party and the most dyed in the wool liberals( not to be confused with left wingers) are probably out of their reach but that's about it.
Get enough people against Wall Street and they might listen to us and not them.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,845,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
The debt ceiling being raised isn't something only one side needs, it's what the country needs. The GOP is trying to force partisan measures on something that is essential to the country. They're holding the American economy hostage, which will be out billions in a shutdown.
Shutting the government down, and limiting spending and deficits is something our children needs, and thus our country.

To pretend trillion dollar deficits is good, is pretty dumb..

I note how many lefties cant think for themself though, using those keywords given to them by the administration, hostage... etc..

grow up and stop repeating talking points, thats childish..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies