Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 02:12 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

The OP is expressing an opinion. I find it interesting that so much hatred has been heaped on the OP just for having an opinion. Are we living now in 1984 where all thoughts and words must conform to the authorities? The OP has correctly observed that a male/male or female/female pair bond is unnatural. It cannot and does not produce offspring, therefor it is against nature, and against God's created order. In most of the animal world, the production of offspring requires a male and female. I think it would be interesting to read an unbiased study of how adopted children from these unnatural couples fare at maturation, but considering the environment we live in today, I doubt that such a study will ever see the light of day.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:16 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The OP is expressing an opinion. I find it interesting that so much hatred has been heaped on the OP just for having an opinion. Are we living now in 1984 where all thoughts and words must conform to the authorities? The OP has correctly observed that a male/male or female/female pair bond is unnatural. It cannot and does not produce offspring, therefor it is against nature, and against God's created order. In most of the animal world, the production of offspring requires a male and female. I think it would be interesting to read an unbiased study of how adopted children from these unnatural couples fare at maturation, but considering the environment we live in today, I doubt that such a study will ever see the light of day.

Another poster who doesn't seem to understand that "free speech" and "opinions" are not immune from criticism simply because you happen to express that opinion.

There is no "1984" here because none of us are acting on behalf of the government.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. NOBODY has a right to have their opinion respected or given deference.

Finally, Marriage has nothing to do with offspring. Marriage is not a requisite for offspring. The biology works outside or inside the marriage contract. A CONTRACT. That's what marriage is for the purposes of the GOVERNMENT.

Two people pooling resources, for the betterment of themselves, or their children. And since gay people DO have children and DO raise them together (something like 30% of gay households have kids, which is getting close to the number of married straight couples that have kids)..... then to withhold benefits and protection of marriage HURTS KIDS AND FAMILIES. They might not look like your family, but they are ENTITLED to the rights of a free people in a supposed free country.

More and more gays (through surrogacy) and lesbians (sperm donation) have biological kids. What is your plan? To sterilize gay people? Take biological kids out of gay households and place them with good, Christian families?

Old 09-29-2013, 02:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Look everyone. Another "I hate gays" thread.

So, Mashaly, do you have any defensible position on this topic or did you just feel like spewing vitriol?
I know, right? Is this national gay-bashing day or what?

Live your life people and let others live theirs.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:23 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
The OP calls gay people "sickening", "horrible", "idiotic" and "silly", and he is the one who is the victim of hatred?

Old 09-29-2013, 02:23 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as an unbiased study. Human nature requires that you have a bias in order to even think of performing a study. That being said, there are plenty of studies out there on the subject, and so far every one I have read concludes that having two parents is more important than what gender the parents are. In other words, children raised in a homosexual household end up remarkably similar to children raised in a heterosexual household, assuming that both parents are present. Children raised by single parents end up with more issues, whether that parent is homosexual or heterosexual.

I find it ironic that you are complaining about posters responding to the OP wanting everyone to conform when in all actuality the OP is the one pushing their agenda upon the rest of us. The entire argument of same sex marriage is a moot one, because the people which oppose it have nothing but emotion and religious intolerance to argue their points with.

I also find it a bit disingenuous to bring your personal religious beliefs into a discussion which has absolutely nothing to do with religion. If we lived in a country where religious leaders made the laws of the land, you would be justified in that inclusion. However, we live in a country in which secular law rules, rather than ecclesiastical law. In blunt, simple English, keep your god out of laws that affect people who don't believe in him.

Last edited by JimRom; 09-29-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
The OP has correctly observed that a male/male or female/female pair bond is unnatural.
Actually, that is an incorrect observation.

Quote:
It cannot and does not produce offspring, therefor it is against nature
Your conclusion does not logically follow.

Quote:
and against God's created order.
Your God's order perhaps. Not mine's.

Quote:
In most of the animal world, the production of offspring requires a male and female.
And yet in the animal world we have many examples of same-sex pairings (often life-long, "monogamous" pairings) raising young (primarily in birds and mammals).

Old 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM

78 posts, read 274,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
The OP calls gay people "sickening", "horrible", "idiotic" and "silly", and he is the one who is the victim of hatred?
GAY marriage only !

Old 09-29-2013, 02:35 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, if 2 gay men share a house and adopt children it's a "fake" family but if a man and a woman do the same it's a real family? Logic isn't your forte, is it?

So what is real about it?

They will enshrine their homosexual relationship in marital legalese as though it were the same as a heterosexual relationship with those who join in such an arrangement needing legal protection from abandonment and infidelity.

They will cohabitate in what is presented to the world as a committed sexually exclusive relationship as though homosexual unfaithfulness could result in anything except hurt feelings and a scorching case of Herpes.

They will adopt children that no homosexual relationship could ever create and refer to them as "their children".

It's a fake as fake gets and nothing more than a ruse to normalize what is obviously very abnormal.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:38 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Just because you believe that a god is responsible for us being, does not mean you get to force everyone to believe or to obey its laws. We are not a theocracy, your religion, nor does any other rule in this country. Explain why senior citizens can marry, or sterile couples. The op knew that he would be heaped on with critisism and the only way to deal with intolerance is with intolerance, same as the way to stop a bully is to beat him up. I am intolerant of intolerance towards any underdog. There is not any proof of a god or of creation other than an ancient bible written by ancient people that has nothing to do with science.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So what is real about it?

They will enshrine their homosexual relationship in marital legalese as though it were the same as a heterosexual relationship with those who join in such an arrangement needing legal protection from abandonment and infidelity.

They will cohabitate in what is presented to the world as a committed sexually exclusive relationship as though homosexual unfaithfulness could result in anything except hurt feelings and a scorching case of Herpes.

They will adopt children that no homosexual relationship could ever create and refer to them as "their children".

It's a fake as fake gets and nothing more than a ruse to normalize what is obviously very abnormal.
If the natural world considered homosexuality abnormal, it would either never have allowed homosexuality to exist or would have removed homosexuality from the human psyche/physiology. There is nothing abnormal about homosexuality, unless you are referring to a religious and/or moral viewpoint of normalcy. If that's your argument, you should realize that your religious and moral viewpoints are not the end-all, be-all of religion and morals. Other people don't share the same beliefs that you do, so categorically claiming that something is abnormal based on your personal views is a fallacious argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies