Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:04 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,454,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Duke University sociology professor Eduardo Bonilla-Silva told students during a lecture Thursday that white people are racist pretty much no matter what they do or say.
Can you provide a source for this? The Daily Fail article links to the lecture, and I can't seem to find it.

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
He's actually right, outside of the silly headline the Daily Fail. The idea that racism ceased to exist in the 1980's, and therefore never happens and everyone should never mention it again, is easily contradicted by groups that continue to exist like the KKK, American Nazi Party, and Stormfront. Plus Tea Party signs and slogans that go around conservative circles, even getting on videos...
To argue that there are still a handful of KKK members is a sign of racism still being alive and well is no more valid than noting that the racists in the Congressional Black Congress represent all blacks as racist.

Or your attempt to paint Tea Party members as something based upon some random pics someone has posted on the internet.

White House Linked to Fraudulent Racist Tea Party Video | The Gateway Pundit

Some people need to clean their own closets.

349 posts, read 260,533 times
Quote:
I see no where in the link they reference where he said that white people are the problem, or it's all whites fault.

Which is why I mocked the headline, which seems to be there just to **** people off enough to read it.

Feel free to read the reference they have in the article if you are that incised.
Can't you tell by now that this poster dosen't have the intellectual ammunition to support their statements??

Old 09-29-2013, 08:06 PM

150 posts, read 92,648 times
Quote:
Can you provide a source for this? The Daily Fail article links to the lecture, and I can't seem to find it.
It was on another news link,see if I can find it. I am in process of trying to find transcript of EVERYTHING he said.Sometimes you need to read between the lines...he claims whites are racist but is not much of a man that he won't come straight out and say it.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM

After describing various ways in which this ideology is prevalent in today’s society, Bonilla-Silva presented three main points about color-blind racism: the forms of interpreting racism, rhetorical strategies for articulating racism and stories contextualizing racism.
Bonilla-Silva said whites believe that they are not racist and often use the election of President Barack Obama to support the claim that America has moved beyond its racially tense past.
He said these beliefs are “sincere fictions” and countered that blacks and other racial minorities are still behind whites in society, receiving inferior education in “so-called integrated” schools and colleges.

And blacks and other minorities not being able to keep up with white students is the white students fault? Interesting..guy seems to have a case of blame everyone but the actual problem.

http://youngcons.com/duke-professor-...-but-they-are/

Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 PM

Bonilla-Silva said Dartmouth is a place where the new racism could occur because the College is among the “historically white colleges and universities.” Melissa Padilla, a Dartmouth student graduating in 2016, said she agreed with Bonilla-Silva’s assessment. “I thought he was dead on. We push race under the carpet. I guess we’re trying to mask it.”

Guess its not racist to have historically black colleges and universities just white ones...

Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,454,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
It was on another news link,see if I can find it. I am in process of trying to find transcript of EVERYTHING he said.Sometimes you need to read between the lines...he claims whites are racist but is not much of a man that he won't come straight out and say it.
So no, you don't have anything. This entire train of thought is just a delusional lie.

Like every other bigot your ideas that you are being persecuted because people don't agree are all in your head.

You imagine this crap into his lecture and go nuts. People that lie like this to themselves make me sick.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:16 PM

349 posts, read 260,533 times
Quote:
So no, you don't have anything. This entire train of thought is just a delusional lie.

Like every other bigot your ideas that you are being persecuted because people don't agree are all in your head.

You imagine this crap into his lecture and go nuts. People that lie like this to themselves make me sick.
Take a look at the posting history, it's proof of many stupid posts to come...

Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM

I see we have people defending a black racist here...

Old 09-29-2013, 08:27 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,293,396 times
Quote:

His train of thought doesn't have a caboose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.