Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So do you have any facts that support what you say or did you just make this up?
Hey if you don't mind lower wages because democrats opened the flood gates of illegal immigrants that's your choice. Democrats is the party of the rich, they keep getting richer as you get poorer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I think it has more to do with illegal immigration. Democrats know that illegals will vote for them illegaly because they give them welfare benefits. The illegal immigrants actually make up a HUGE chunk of votes.

But Obama no doubt abused the IRS for his own gain.
If you believe that, then you must believe Jesus and I carpool. There are no illegal voting booths lined with Mexicans casting votes for Obama.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Romney was not my preferred candidate, but the popular vote was pretty close and I think Romney did come out on top. But we don't go buy popular vote, we go buy that stupid electoral college system, in which only a few states really determine the election (New York, Florida, Texas, Ohio, and California). Those states are the only ones that actually have an influence on election day.
Romney lost the popular vote by 5 million votes.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Romney lost the popular vote by 5 million votes.
Doesn't matter. While democrats were running around telling you how to think and branding Obama's political opponents as the enemy Obama's political opponents couldn't defend themselves because they were silenced by the IRS. So this is what it took to get Obama voted back in office. He couldn't do it on his own record.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:41 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hey if you don't mind lower wages because democrats opened the flood gates of illegal immigrants that's your choice. Democrats is the party of the rich, they keep getting richer as you get poorer.
So in other words, you got nothing!

Old 09-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So in other words, you got nothing!
LOL, you got your messiah in. Still live the same crappy life but you got your man in office. And you still have to cheat.

Quote:
Doesn't matter. While democrats were running around telling you how to think and branding Obama's political opponents as the enemy Obama's political opponents couldn't defend themselves because they were silenced by the IRS. So this is what it took to get Obama voted back in office. He couldn't do it on his own record.
Since it was by 5 million votes, it was either his record or a horrible candidate from the cons. So which was it?

Quote:
Doesn't matter. While democrats were running around telling you how to think and branding Obama's political opponents as the enemy they were silenced by the IRS. So this is what it took to get Obama voted back in office. He couldn't do it on his own record.
Silenced the enemy? Puhlease, do you know how many stupid Romney campaign commercials I had to sit through? The only thing good that came out of Sandy was not having to see another Romney campaign commercial.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
LOL, you got your messiah in. Still live the same crappy life but you got your man in office. And you still have to cheat.
My messiah? I didn't realize Jesus was the president. And by the way, I don't live a crappy life unlike those on here who constantly start threads complaining and whining.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:49 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
I fail to see the problem with voter ID. Can someone please explain the "controversy "surrounding it to me?

If you are not a US citizen you have no right to vote. End of story. Seems like a good common sense law to me. Why are Liberals always against good common sense laws?
The rhetoric is that getting an ID costs money that poor people can't afford so requiring that ID is a stealthy attempt to prevent those poor people from voting.

The reality is that Democrats concentrate their "get out the vote" efforts on low information people who don't have much motivation to vote in the first place - thus the need for get out the vote efforts. They are the targets of organization such as the infamous Acorn of a few years ago. Even if the ID is free, these people will not bother with going to get one. They are not engaged or motivated citizens, so they aren't going to bother with the effort of going and standing in line and filling out paperwork and providing documentation that is required to get the ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies