Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times

Advertisements

So.... Anyone want to place bets on whether or not Mr. Horn will be indicted by a Grand Jury?

I think he will be. Unfortunately, there have been several other shootings in the days after/near the day he shot the two burglars and the courts are going to need to sort through what the "Castle Doctrine" really includes. Is it okay to shoot people on your lawn? Or do they need to be in your house?

Who was going to put up $1000 for his defense? I hope there are about 100 other people willing to do the same thing because he is going to need it.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
It is only a reminder. When things drift too far, even when citing examples of the original post, it makes it difficult for new viewers of the thread to follow. Again, just a reminder.
Thank you for letting us debate this topic.

On other threads, I've seen comments that we should only be responding to the original post but I think most original posts have deeper debate themes (since this is a political/"other controversies" board) and that is why the original person probably posted it.

Anyway... Thank you.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,223,731 times
If I had the money, I'd buy my mother a gun for Christmas. Get her a .22. My dad travels out of town a lot for his job, so she's often alone in the house, and in one of the more dangerous small cities in the country (Jackson, MS). I told her she needs to protect herself from all the hoodlums. Heck, if I could buy my Grandma one, I would too. It's a cruel world we live in, and I wish someone would come in my house thinking they can steal whatever. I'll be shooting first and asking questions later!

See, even semi-liberals like me understands the need for guns and protecting yourself!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
If I had the money, I'd buy my mother a gun for Christmas. Get her a .22. My dad travels out of town a lot for his job, so she's often alone in the house, and in one of the more dangerous small cities in the country (Jackson, MS). I told her she needs to protect herself from all the hoodlums. Heck, if I could buy my Grandma one, I would too. It's a cruel world we live in, and I wish someone would come in my house thinking they can steal whatever. I'll be shooting first and asking questions later!

See, even semi-liberals like me understands the need for guns and protecting yourself!
I don't have a problem with people having guns at home (and I'm a liberal). Especially if they don't have any kids. A gun can be good protection if you find you need one and I don't think Jackson is a terribly safe city.

I'm sure your mom wouldn't have any problem with locking up her gun when she wasn't at home.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,414 times
Default Texas Burglar

BLACK OR WHITE THEY HAD NO BUSINESS IN SOMEONES HOME BURGLARIZING IT. MORE BURGLARS SHOULD BE SHOT, BECAUSE THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM GOES WAY TO EASY ON THEM.
IT COULD HAVE TURNED OUT LIKE THE FOOTBALL PLAYER IN FLORIDAS BURLARY, THAN WHAT ?
WHY DOES THE BLACK CARD HAVE TO BE P[LAYED ?
AND WHAT KIND OF MINISTER FROM THE BLACK CHURCH THINKS IT'S ALRIGHT TO BURGLARIZE. (THOU SHALL NOT STEAL IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS TOO)
I AM GLAD PEOPLE STOOD UP TO THE PROTESTERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
So, I saw this news report...about a man from Texas, who saw 2 other men, breaking into his neighbors home.

He loads a shot gun, calls 911 and goes out and warns both the robbers..."if you move, I'll shoot to kill".

They moved and he shot while he was on the phone with 911...
He killed them both...as he knew the police would not arrive in time.

They interviewed one of the robbers wife, and she said the may who shot her husband was wrong and should be held accountable.

I say, what give any human being the idea, that it's ok to rob another person's home and not expect to be shot or arrested and put in prision? And yanno, I dont' care if they were armed or not...they don't have the right to go into another persons home with the intent to rob them.

What's your perspective and insight on this?

Old 12-04-2007, 02:04 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,223,731 times
This has nothing to do with black or white. People attempting to rob a house and getting shot is all about protecting your property and family. I'll be darned if someone comes up to my property and think they can just take what I've worked hard for. I used to live in Jackson, MS, and there were plenty of times when black homeowners would shoot invaders coming into their house, regardless of what color they are.

But there are people who will always "blame the victim" or side with the criminal. The robber's mom complaining about the man shooting her son should be wondering why she raised a criminal in the first place.

And I'm a black guy by the way. Surprise, surprise!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,076,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NANGING View Post
BLACK OR WHITE THEY HAD NO BUSINESS IN SOMEONES HOME BURGLARIZING IT. MORE BURGLARS SHOULD BE SHOT, BECAUSE THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM GOES WAY TO EASY ON THEM.
IT COULD HAVE TURNED OUT LIKE THE FOOTBALL PLAYER IN FLORIDAS BURLARY, THAN WHAT ?
WHY DOES THE BLACK CARD HAVE TO BE P[LAYED ?
AND WHAT KIND OF MINISTER FROM THE BLACK CHURCH THINKS IT'S ALRIGHT TO BURGLARIZE. (THOU SHALL NOT STEAL IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS TOO)
I AM GLAD PEOPLE STOOD UP TO THE PROTESTERS.
I don't think I mentioned anything about this being a black or white issue?
and race is not and shouldn't be an issue...its about the criminal...not the color of skin, but the criminal act....

Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
And I'm a black guy by the way.
Oh now you've been put on ignore.. hehe.. obviously just kidding..

Never knew the race of the shooter, or the thugs that were murdered, but if the shooter was white, and the thugs were black.. I would assume an additional charge that might be added to the murder charges, (as he most likely will be charged) is a hate crime.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
So.... Anyone want to place bets on whether or not Mr. Horn will be indicted by a Grand Jury?

I think he will be. Unfortunately, there have been several other shootings in the days after/near the day he shot the two burglars and the courts are going to need to sort through what the "Castle Doctrine" really includes. Is it okay to shoot people on your lawn? Or do they need to be in your house?

Who was going to put up $1000 for his defense? I hope there are about 100 other people willing to do the same thing because he is going to need it.
He'll surely be indicted, and I'm not donating $5 to defend a murderer.. The law is very clear on the issue and I dont believe in helping to set precident for shooting of others when the law says you cant, outside your home, when your not in danger..

Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,763,220 times
There is more information coming out about the two that were shot....You can check it out at www.khou.com you will have to sign up to read it. I've signed up but still have not been able to get the story to open. There are also stories about protest going on in front of Mr. Horns home.

I'm not going to say anything about the TV story, don't need the lefties here jumping me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies