Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM

223 posts, read 604,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ya know what, if my son were to do something like this, he wouldn't have to worry about the neighbor shooting him....

I cannot believe the concept of your post....if your kid is hanging around with the wrong crowd, take charge....and parent...and I don't mean you, I mean everyone in this country whose kids are criminals....and I don't care who it is...my son, the neighbors kid, someone in my family....we were raised as kids, you don't do something like this....we never thought about doing something like this..wanna know why? We wouldn't have sat for a week, if we even as much as drove our cars around with loud radios and disturbed the peace. And we loved and respected our parents enough to know, if we would have done something bad...they'd have left us sit in jail....

Are you even aware that there used to be laws for Disturbing the Peace? You could back then, get arrested for saying the F word....to your neighbor...and there was a law if you talked up to a neighbor, and called him names, you could have them arrested for Detromation of Character. Today, anything goes, cuz parents do not teach their kids respect for the property and quit of others.

I told my son..."if you ever dare, get in trouble that the police have to arrest you, you get one phone call, DON"T call me...and then when you get home, your going to have to deal with me. And I meant it. And I spanked him 3 times in his entire life, growing up. Now he is a police officer. And he deals with these kids...they have no concept of respect for the law, or respect for themselves....they stand on street corners selling drugs...so they can buy a fast car...to them, crime Does pay...and they fear no consequences for their actions....

The trouble with this world today is, we don't know how to parent any more. Our kids rule us...and we actually fear them....

Tell you what, I think it would do you good to sit down and take the time to read Bill Cosby's latest book.

Take responsibility for our kids......
I don't know how old your son is now, but I hope the action you took with him worked and you raised/are raising an outstanding child, I really do...and believe me, I am ALL for taking responsibilty for your kids...I sure as hell don't wan't my kids being raised by the system...

But you never did address the point of my post. I suggested that if your child were burglarizing a house, god forbid, and someone KILLED him...you would be singing a different tune, that's all.

The crime doesn't fit the punishment, and I am appalled that more people don't agree with that. I am ALL FOR killing someone in self-defense, but correct me if I am wrong, these perps did not have weapons and this guy killed them...for burglary - end of story.

Vigilante justice is great in theory and in an emotional sense, but do you really want it to be the norm?

Think about it.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post

But you never did address the point of my post. I suggested that if your child were burglarizing a house, god forbid, and someone KILLED him...you would be singing a different tune, that's all.

The crime doesn't fit the punishment, and I am appalled that more people don't agree with that. I am ALL FOR killing someone in self-defense, but correct me if I am wrong, these perps did not have weapons and this guy killed them...for burglary - end of story.

Vigilante justice is great in theory and in an emotional sense, but do you really want it to be the norm?
He killed them after he warned them. It would be tragic if it were my son or daughter...but that in no way discounts the fact that they were doing something wrong and illegal. I don't think it's the same as killing a fly with a hammer.

What would make it any different if the man were home and they entered his house and were killed anyway?

Maybe this sort of action should not be the norm, but I feel certain criminals would think twice if this were the norm

There's an old expression that I LOVE: "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"

Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
According to MrSykes information he lives in Houston, given his sympathies, I think he lives in the WRONG state. No matter how long his opinion is spoken, that is not going to change in Texas.

The laws governing the right to carry a gun and using it to defend oneself and ones property are on the side of the individual trying to protect their home, property and person, not on the side of the criminal. Of course Texas is also one of the busiest when it comes to the death penalty.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 PM

14 posts, read 19,792 times
For those who claim they have no gun or don't think people should owns guns! What are you going to do when someone breaks into your house???? Are you going to grab knife, baseball bat, stungun, mace or a chainsaw??? Any of those options will leave you dead! I would love to have this guy as my neighbor!!!!! We need more people like him! I don't care if your white, brown, black, green or yellow, you want to rob someone, you should pay, even if it means death!!!!! Two less criminals I have to worry about!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
He killed them after he warned them. It would be tragic if it were my son or daughter...but that in no way discounts the fact that they were doing something wrong and illegal. I don't think it's the same as killing a fly with a hammer.

What would make it any different if the man were home and they entered his house and were killed anyway?

Maybe this sort of action should not be the norm, but I feel certain criminals would think twice if this were the norm

There's an old expression that I LOVE: "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"
Sir/Maam

This guy told the 911 dispatcher he was going to kill those two...and was told to stay in the house. He is wrong and I don't care what justification you give. If he were raping a woman or harming another human being, then I might agree...not over a "bag full of stuff"

If you really feel that this should be allowed, ask yourself where does it end? I feel for you and pray that you never are mistaken for a petty criminal.

This is not the world I want to live in...where property is more important than a human life. your/my son/duaghter or the scum of the earth...what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I sincerely hope that this man is prosecuted and serves time for this. I am da*n close to calling it pre-meditation...he told someone he was going to do it, no matter what they said and its on tape...he feared for his life my A$$.

Have you heard the recording?

Good day.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
For those who claim they have no gun or don't think people should owns guns! What are you going to do when someone breaks into your house???? Are you going to grab knife, baseball bat, stungun, mace or a chainsaw??? Any of those options will leave you dead! I would love to have this guy as my neighbor!!!!! We need more people like him! I don't care if your white, brown, black, green or yellow, you want to rob someone, you should pay, even if it means death!!!!! Two less criminals I have to worry about!
If someone breaks into my house and I am home...I am going to grab my shotgun and shoot that piece of garbage in the face.

I am NOT going to disobey a 911 dispatcher, tell them I am going to kill the perps and then go kill them over abag of stuff. If the bag looked like it contained the body of my neighbors daughter...maybe and probably...but not over an XBOX.

God, where in the he\\ does you people's anger and disrespect for life come from?

Jeez, I hate criminals like everyone else, but c'mon...

Old 11-19-2007, 07:46 PM

14 posts, read 19,792 times
Quote:
Sir/Maam

This guy told the 911 dispatcher he was going to kill those two...and was told to stay in the house. He is wrong and I don't care what justification you give. If he were raping a woman or harming another human being, then I might agree...not over a "bag full of stuff"

If you really feel that this should be allowed, ask yourself where does it end? I feel for you and pray that you never are mistaken for a petty criminal.

This is not the world I want to live in...where property is more important than a human life. your/my son/duaghter or the scum of the earth...what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I sincerely hope that this man is prosecuted and serves time for this. I am da*n close to calling it pre-meditation...he told someone he was going to do it, no matter what they said and its on tape...he feared for his life my A$$.

Good day.
This time it's your property, next time it's your daughter!!!!!! Yea, let's let them get away with it! MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-19-2007 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: no personal attacks

Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Sir/Maam

Good day.
Well, I'll put it this way. The likelihood of me being mistaken for a petty criminal is minimal at best because I don't make a living breaking into people's house.

You ask where does it end? I must ask you the same. Why? Because how many times does this story end the other way around (with the victim robbed and dead?)

Whether or not this man is crazy is beyond me. Premeditation (if it's the case) can be used in so many other ways. If it must be used than I'd rather it be used this way.

Forgive me if I don't miss the robbers

Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
This time it's your property, next time it's your daughter!!!!!! Yea, let's let them get away with it! MOD CUT

MOD CUT

The point is we can't go around shooting people for stealing our "stuff"

I already said I would support kiling those ****heads if they were raping someone, but burglary is not a violent crime unless it becomes armed robbery...and neither you, nor I, nor this fool have the right to be judge jury and executioner.

This is not the wild west.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-19-2007 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: comment orphaned

Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Well, I'll put it this way. The likelihood of me being mistaken for a petty criminal is minimal at best because I don't make a living breaking into people's house.

You ask where does it end? I must ask you the same. Why? Because how many times does this story end the other way around (with the victim robbed and dead?)

Whether or not this man is crazy is beyond me. Premeditation (if it's the case) can be used in so many other ways. If it must be used than I'd rather it be used this way.

Forgive me if I don't miss the robbers

You think I feel sorry for these two...you are way off. I am arguing a point that is obviously way over the collective head of people on this board that has to do with a legal presidence that frankly scares the hell out of me.

If being logical makes a me a "librul" then so be it. I don't subscribe to my carnal emotions to solve this country's out of control crime ridden shortcomings ... forgive me.

Perhaps we should ask Bush how he is getting rid of the crime problem in Iraq 10,000 miles away? Waddya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies