Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM

223 posts, read 602,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
According to MrSykes information he lives in Houston, given his sympathies, I think he lives in the WRONG state. No matter how long his opinion is spoken, that is not going to change in Texas.

The laws governing the right to carry a gun and using it to defend oneself and ones property are on the side of the individual trying to protect their home, property and person, not on the side of the criminal. Of course Texas is also one of the busiest when it comes to the death penalty.
Wow, so anyone can just walk down the street in Texas policing the place?

Sign me up, let me get my shotgun.

I have never been to Texas, but if that is the way it is...then by all means, break off from the USA and start your own country...do the rest of us a favor.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM

14 posts, read 19,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
That's not the point sir/maam....and yes, many folks are idiots and I can think of a few on this board.

The point is we can't go around shooting people for stealing our "stuff"

I already said I would support kiling those ****heads if they were raping someone, but burglary is not a violent crime unless it becomes armed robbery...and neither you, nor I, nor this fool have the right to be judge jury and executioner.

Wise up. This is not the wild west.
It was not rape this time, thank God there was nobody home! They did this in the middle of the day, just imagine what they could do at night! Two thugs in their grave!!!!!!!! Great! We all know what they were up toooooooooo.... They broke a window going in and another going out!!!!!! May their soul rest in hell!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,071,607 times
Quote:
You think I feel sorry for these two...you are way off. I am arguing a point that is obviously way over the collective head of people on this board that has to do with a legal presidence that frankly scares the hell out of me.

If being logical makes a me a "librul" then so be it. I don't subscribe to my carnal emotions to solve this country's out of control crime ridden shortcomings ... forgive me.

Perhaps we should ask Bush how he is getting rid of the crime problem in Iraq 10,000 miles away? Waddya think?
The point you're arguing isn't over anyone's head...we just disagree with you.
Plain and simple.

I've been to Iraq, justice is served quite differently the situations are not really comparable.

In all honesty, I'm sick and tired of the robbers (who often display a harsher 'disregard for life') getting away.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM

Let's just let the criminals make the laws!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,119,822 times
Quote:
Wow, so anyone can just walk down the street in Texas policing the place?

Sign me up, let me get my shotgun.

I have never been to Texas, but if that is the way it is...then by all means, break off from the USA and start your own country...do the rest of us a favor.
I think people who speed on the road endanger a lot of lives. Could I shoot to kill if I see a speeder? I think that would be a pretty nifty law to have. Might make me want to move to Texas if they would pass that one! (Or maybe they could just pass a law that you could shoot people who use cellphones while they are driving? Or drunk drivers? I can see this "gun protection" stuff being quite useful in a lot of situations!)

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
May you find peace within yourself someday. You obviously are angry at something and I feel for your soul.

The majority of us are trying to live in a civilized society where reason and logic overpower animalistic tendencies. Good luck in your world.
I'm for ridding the earth of lowlifes and their supporters! I like sleeping at night knowing I'll wake up in the mourning!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
The point you're arguing isn't over anyone's head...we just disagree with you.
Plain and simple.

I've been to Iraq, justice is served quite differently the situations are not really comparable.

In all honesty, I'm sick and tired of the robbers (who often display a harsher 'disregard for life') getting away.
I am sick of them getting away too. I just don't believe that this sets a good precedent. Perhaps we need to spend more money on law enforcement? Maybe we need tougher laws and judges that will put real scumbags away...

not this though, this is sick and the wrong path, and you don't have to feel that you need to defend this guy's actions because you hate crime...think logically.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think people who speed on the road endanger a lot of lives. Could I shoot to kill if I see a speeder? I think that would be a pretty nifty law to have. Might make me want to move to Texas if they would pass that one! (Or maybe they could just pass a law that you could shoot people who use cellphones while they are driving? Or drunk drivers? I can see this "gun protection" stuff being quite useful in a lot of situations!)
Yup, where does it end.

As wrong as those criminals were, this guy should not get away with being a vigilante. Its not right.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
I'm for ridding the earth of lowlifes and their supporters! I like sleeping at night knowing I'll wake up in the mourning!
Look, I don't know where you live, but I live 5 miles from the section of St. Louis that earns this otherise great city the distinction of being in the top 5 most dangerous places to live year after year. In that neighborhood they kill each other over turf, and if we don't watch it, that is where this crap is headed...killing because someone is on your turf (your lawn) and you can just say you felt "threatened".

Wow, I need a drink. I had no idea it had gotten this bad.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Yup, where does it end.

As wrong as those criminals were, this guy should not get away with being a vigilante. Its not right.
When one of your family members is raped or murdered at gun point, come back and express the veiws you have now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies