Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

294 posts, read 437,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you shouldn't be holding a gun if you have that much adrenaline. Also, you're what if-ing when you know the facts and they do not support your what ifs. The man chose to kill people even after the police told him to stand down and stay in his home.
dispatchers arent Police in alot cases....they are employees of the police department...

Old 11-20-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
How do you know they would have? You're being presumptuous. The question's moot. Fact remains, they DIDN'T enter the man's residence.

Just the facts, please.

facts are they entered his property....

Again, another fanciful notion at variance with the facts of the matter.

I never said "antagonize". You're putting words in my mouth. I said he "provoked", which according to the new Texas Castle Doctrine is prohibited.

Might wanna read up on it.

Why didn't he just stay in his house as the dispatcher instructed?

why should i listen to a person who is suppose to be taking a report and dispatching...not a tactical advisor...(no offense meant to any dispatchers, i respect them)

You'd be singing a different tune if these "rabid dogs" were people you knew.
i have known people who were murdered and killed (not murdered) for doing stupid stuff, and well you know what....they put themselves in that situation....

Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
There was another time when citizens trusted the authorities to do their jobs, and didn't take the law into their own hands unless it was absolutely warranted.
they did take the law into there own hands and not did not expect the law to do every bit of enforcing...

they called when they could not resolve it themselves

when they did, you know who ruled the roost....the criminals

Old 11-20-2007, 04:01 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I have an idea that will help people on both sides of this debate:

Everyone puts a small sign on their door that tells the public that I am for/against gun control and the use of physical force in protecting my home. If you are one of those that believe we should let laws and the police protect us you will have blue sign. If you are one of those that are armed and not afraid to end someone's life if they break in, you have a red sign. When a thief scouts houses to steal from, he will choose the blue-signed houses knowing he won't be killed or harmed should he be caught. The red-signed houses won't be touched because the thief will not risk getting shot on site and there are other homes to choose from.
Conversely, they'll also know which houses have weapons for them to steal. Weapons are worth more on the street than a used DVD player so you'll be doing them a big favor.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:04 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post
i have known people who were murdered and killed (not murdered) for doing stupid stuff, and well you know what....they put themselves in that situation....
Quote:
i call BS on this, i would be very distraught and sad that my son was stupid enough to get caught up in this....and he died becasue of it, but i would not hate or think the shooter was wrong in this case...

but that is all circumstancial on how i would feel in a shooting of my kid...

but if he was commiting a crime, and died in the process...its not the person who killed hims fault
Quote:
I would kill somebody who broke into my house and was stealing something i intendeed to throw away the next day...why becasue it is mine and they are trying to take it from me.

p.s. i would still throw it away the next day too
YEA BRO!!! RIGHT ON!!! KILL 'EM ALL-LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT!!!

Seriously-did you torture animals as a child? That and the total absence of empathy is the sure sign of a sociopath. Internet Toughguy Magazine asks: What Would YOU Do to Osama?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you shouldn't be holding a gun if you have that much adrenaline.
Then, according to you, no police officer should be "holding a gun" - because, if you knew Police Officers, they would tell you that, in tense situations, their adrenaline is pumping beyond your wildest imagination

Old 11-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
I am sick of them getting away too. I just don't believe that this sets a good precedent. Perhaps we need to spend more money on law enforcement?

how about enabling people to look out for themselves? unless we all become cops at this point the police cannot keep up... i think this sets a great precedent...

Maybe we need tougher laws and judges that will put real scumbags away...

laws dont deter anything...besides you have to catch the criminals first

not this though, this is sick and the wrong path, and you don't have to feel that you need to defend this guy's actions because you hate crime...think logically.
what is wrong about it? its not sick, he called the police and gave them a chance to do there job, the guy is carrying a shotgun, he said he was going to kill them if they didnt stop...they didnt stop...

its hard to not kill somebody with a shotgun if you are shooting them

Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
its hard to not kill somebody with a shotgun if you are shooting them
Tell that to Dick Cheney's hunting buddy! Actually it's quite easy depending on the load used, the choke on the barrel, the distance to the target, and how far outside of center mass you're aiming. With 000 buck, a tight choke, close range, and aiming for an extremity you'd wound someone quite badly, but not kill them. However, when playing "Doom" or "Hitman" the 12 gauge kills 'em every time. Once again I think we have another video game jockey purporting to be a cold-as-ice assassin.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Look, I don't know where you live, but I live 5 miles from the section of St. Louis that earns this otherise great city the distinction of being in the top 5 most dangerous places to live year after year. In that neighborhood they kill each other over turf, and if we don't watch it, that is where this crap is headed...killing because someone is on your turf (your lawn) and you can just say you felt "threatened".

Wow, I need a drink. I had no idea it had gotten this bad.
something i own is not the same as "turf" turf isnt a legally owned parcel you have to purchase with an income...it an area you claim as your own with no legal validation.

the criminals posed a threat to him and approached him, they died.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
When one of your family members is killed by some hick with a shotgun because they stepped on his lawn and he claims he felt threatened, then come back and express yours.
that is why i dont step on some hicks lawn in a threatening manner, especially if i just robbed his neighbor

but i gaurentee that hick doesnt have a problem with people breaking and enetering...

oh yeah nice underhanded slight towards texans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies