Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 AM

294 posts, read 437,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
So if a dispatcher is trying to tell you how to do CPR, you aren't going to listen? From where I come from, dispatchers are meant to be the pre-cursor to the arrival of the emergency services...not sure how everyone else feels about that, but I worked EMS as a medic for 6 years and I sure trusted my dispatchers to be intelligent and knowledgeable.

i am not knocking dispatchers, but someone over the phone telling me what to do in the middle of a crime is not really practical...would you listen to his instructions if you were treating a sucking chest wound and he was telling you not to insert the flapper valve because you might not get it right? and if you didnt the family could sue you?

and it is murder...he claimed they approached him during the second phone call to 911...during the first, he clearly admits that they are coming out of his neighbors windows and that he is going to kill them. period...against the direction of the dispatcher.

where were they killed? on his property? i am pretty sure he would have been arrested if he blasted them walking across the neighbors lawn.. if they apporached him in a threatening manner and crossed onto his property (which he said they came at him) then its fair game. thereofre not murder, and at this point we can assume that was the case. the first cop on scene would have seen where and in what general position they were killed. this right there would be a huge point in either charging or not charging the guy.

BS end of story...he should be out of his rights to kill when he makes the CHOICE to kill... which he clearly did.
huh?

Why don't you pro-killing people come up with a better martyr than this hick? I am sure there are some justified killings out there...I would support someone if they caught a dude and killed him while raping their neighbor
becasue this hick had the audacity to stop a crime and kill the bad guys when they came towards him...instead of letting apathy take over.

if it ends up he didnt kill them in that manner, but as they were walking away, not towards him and not on his property, then well a different ball game. and i will concede this point.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:45 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Come to LA! I'll protect you! Without a gun!

Seriously!
LOL, well, thank you very much...that is very kind of you....but...I have a fantastic job of which at the present time, I'd be very foolish to leave...but I am moving out of this town by spring...I hate it here...unlike other areas, it is very cheap here, but they have really done nothing to clean up the town...and I've been told by delievery men, that this is a most dangerous part of town...and it is.

But where I plan to move, is a bit more safe compared to here....

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving.
Creme

Old 11-22-2007, 06:07 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
How happy would you be if that criminal got to your shotgun before you did and used it against you?
He won't

He didn't

And it was not a shotgun - it was a Glock 9mm

Old 11-22-2007, 06:18 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Here's a great story I found in the Press Enterprise:

Man coming in through window shot and killed

A homeowner at Indian Palms Country Club struggled with, disarmed and then shot to death an intruder partially inside his front window Monday night, police said.

The homeowner, whose name is being withheld for his safety, was shot in the foot and later treated at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, an Indio Police Department news release said.

Authorities identified the deceased as Genaro Chavez Munoz, 31, of Indio.

A preliminary investigation showed Munoz shot the homeowner during a scuffle before being disarmed. He then was shot several times with a handgun, officers said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:34 a.m. in the 82-600 block of Hamilton Court.

The homeowner told officers he was awakened by the sound of someone trying to enter the house.

I think it's obvious that the homeowner used the crook's own gun against him. Pretty good ending.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:55 AM

96 posts, read 275,552 times
Default castile doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
When I lived in Texas I had a cop tell me that if you accidently shoot someone, go in the house and get your DVD player and put it in his cold hands and its ALL GOOD according to the law.

Florida is getting more and more like that but they have yet to extend your right to use lethal force to protecting your property to my knowledge. If I feel threatened then I can use lethal force even if I am not at home at the time. So we're getting there.

HI,

I belive that the law that you are refering to is the "castle doctrine"

it came into effect in 2005 I believe.

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 PM

294 posts, read 437,415 times
Quote:
Here's a great story I found in the Press Enterprise:

Man coming in through window shot and killed

A homeowner at Indian Palms Country Club struggled with, disarmed and then shot to death an intruder partially inside his front window Monday night, police said.

The homeowner, whose name is being withheld for his safety, was shot in the foot and later treated at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, an Indio Police Department news release said.

Authorities identified the deceased as Genaro Chavez Munoz, 31, of Indio.

A preliminary investigation showed Munoz shot the homeowner during a scuffle before being disarmed. He then was shot several times with a handgun, officers said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:34 a.m. in the 82-600 block of Hamilton Court.

The homeowner told officers he was awakened by the sound of someone trying to enter the house.

I think it's obvious that the homeowner used the crook's own gun against him. Pretty good ending.

good story, never said it couldnt happen....
I like happy endings

Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha! For the homeowner, it's a deterent! For the person doing the home invasion -- it's not a deterent! Do a Google search for "home invasion" and "guns"
Hmmm funny less home invasions happen in rual areas even if you break it down by population density. Lets say you are even semi correct. If a would be thief enters my home then the world will have 1 less thief afterward. Its a win win deal.
You win because you are correct my weapons did not deter the thief.
The world wins because we have one less criminal..
Question. Why do you care so much about criminals being killed while committing a crime? If it happened more often would this not in it self deter crime?
Me being me If I thought I might get shot going into someones house uninvited I would reconsider the idea a few times. But then again I have no interest in such activities. I prefer to live an honest law abiding life instead.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
So if a dispatcher is trying to tell you how to do CPR, you aren't going to listen? From where I come from, dispatchers are meant to be the pre-cursor to the arrival of the emergency services...not sure how everyone else feels about that, but I worked EMS as a medic for 6 years and I sure trusted my dispatchers to be intelligent and knowledgeable.

and it is murder...he claimed they approached him during the second phone call to 911...during the first, he clearly admits that they are coming out of his neighbors windows and that he is going to kill them. period...against the direction of the dispatcher.

BS end of story...he should be out of his rights to kill when he makes the CHOICE to kill... which he clearly did.

Why don't you pro-killing people come up with a better martyr than this hick? I am sure there are some justified killings out there...I would support someone if they caught a dude and killed him while raping their neighbor

and when are people as yourself...and I'm sure your a fine person, as I've seen your intelligent, but when are you going to stop rootin for the criminal...candidly, I don't believe people actually think him a hero, it's just that people are getting sick and darn tootin tired of being robbed and bullied and murdered by criminals...and raped...

Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm funny less home invasions happen in rual areas even if you break it down by population density. Lets say you are even semi correct. If a would be thief enters my home then the world will have 1 less thief afterward. Its a win win deal.
You win because you are correct my weapons did not deter the thief.
The world wins because we have one less criminal..
Question. Why do you care so much about criminals being killed while committing a crime? If it happened more often would this not in it self deter crime?
Me being me If I thought I might get shot going into someones house uninvited I would reconsider the idea a few times. But then again I have no interest in such activities. I prefer to live an honest law abiding life instead.
I'm with you...this is something I just cannot understand...like all of a sudden those criminals are underdogs and the victims...WHY??????? To me, this is a sin and an embarrassment to the human intellect!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:50 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
Wee!
Perfect-world pretend! LMAO @ "bullets that don't go through walls". Shows how laughably little you know about both bullets and residential construction.

But since we're playing pretend, can we now pretend that we have magic bullets that not only don't go through walls, but travel around corners and intentionally avoid hitting innocent people too? Maybe we can keep them in our pockets and converse with them when we're lonely- magical Psychologist bullets that talk bad people out of doing bad things...

Man, it must be nice living in la-la land...
There are bullets designed for protection that will not penetrate walls, unfortunatly when you use these bullets the courts tend to make you out as a wanna be killer because of the damage it does to a person and if you load your own there are ways to make them not penetrate walls but then your really in trouble because you hand crafted these man killer bullets. it's a no win situation, a shotgun is the best home defence weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies