Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 02:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
did you watch the beginning of the vid when he ran over some of the bikers, once he did that his life was in danger.. I would have stayed on the highway and would have played ping pong with them freaking scum bags..
He ran them over in self defense.

If a group of bikers surround my car, they will get run over. Then they may get shot. Then some more may get run over.

I'm not out there looking to be a victim of some morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 02:11 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They started calling 911 from the start....as usual, the police were late to the party.
"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away" I'm not bashing the LEO's at all just stating that people rely on that 911 call thinking they will be saved.. not thinking that altercations like these are over in seconds which is impossible for the police to be there in time.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away" I'm not bashing the LEO's at all just stating that people rely on that 911 call thinking they will be saved.. not thinking that altercations like these are over in seconds which is impossible for the police to be there in time.
Looked to me like a 30 round magazine would have been needed in this case.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Looked to me like a 30 round magazine would have been needed in this case.
Well, being a cpl holder I see humor in this but in reality that wouldn't fly either. You would have to have the uncanny marksmenship of the cast of the "walking dead" being able to shoot and make a head shot on moving targets each and everytime AND have on of those bottomless mags that never seem to empty.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's on the damn video hoss, did you even watch it?
What the hell is a hoss?

And yeah... Saw it yesterday. Terrible.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:

Right, so we should have shootouts in the streets. Gun Nut brilliance strikes again. Seriously, how many dozen of you nuts are there on this forum alone? It's scary how many of you have guns on the brain.

The drivers best weapon was his moving car..he should have never gotten off the highway. He's not at fault in any way for this incident, but it wasn't smart for him to stop..he could have stayed on that road and not hit any lights for a longer period..at some point he probably would have been spotted by an NYPD cruiser. Once he ran over that first bike, you have to assume they are going to look to seriously injure or kill you, so if you have to start running them off the road until they back off if you have to.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times

Mad Max 2 - The Lord Humungus - YouTube

Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right, so we should have shootouts in the streets. Gun Nut brilliance strikes again. Seriously, how many dozen of you nuts are there on this forum alone? It's scary how many of you have guns on the brain.

The drivers best weapon was his moving car..he should have never gotten off the highway. He's not at fault in any way for this incident, but it wasn't smart for him to stop..he could have stayed on that road and not hit any lights for a longer period..at some point he probably would have been spotted by an NYPD cruiser. Once he ran over that first bike, you have to assume they are going to look to seriously injure or kill you, so if you have to start running them off the road until they back off if you have to.
Your post is null and void the moment you use the term "gun nut" , I am a huge fan of being able to protect ones self using all means possible up to including using a firearm. This just wasn't the case.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Caught on video: Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers - U.S. News

I would have done the mad max on these freakin looser bikers..
heh New York

Old 10-01-2013, 03:00 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Your post is null and void the moment you use the term "gun nut" , I am a huge fan of being able to protect ones self using all means possible up to including using a firearm. This just wasn't the case.

Sorry, when you use gun nut cliches handed down from the NRA mothership (when seconds count, etc.), you get cast as a gun nut, sometimes unfairly, ie "your post is null and void when you behave like a cliched gun nut".

I see that you were at least sensible in telling the other gun nut loons that maybe a shootout wasn't the best option in this case.

Unfortunately, too many of your brethren can't help but fall over themselves beating their chests about how they would have shot up the place in this situation..the same people who don't see a single violent tragedy anywhere in the country that isn't fit for a comment of "that must have been a gun free zone!!!"

Tired of motorcycles morons, tired of gun nut myopic single issue morons, "tiyad, tiyad, tiyad".

Last edited by dman72; 10-01-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies