Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
It wasn't sold as a tax bill, either. Which as you know all funding bills are supposed to originate in the House--as in the House of Representatives, not the White House. The Supreme Court decided it was a tax bill in the opinion. NO ONE was touting this as a tax bill before that.
Well, tell us who introduced the "Obamacare" bill. Obama himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 05:49 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Does anyone, seriously, think they're getting health care for free???
I predict when some of these folks realize they still have a bill to pay they will simply refuse to pay it. Then what, debtor's prison?

Old 10-03-2013, 05:54 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, this seems like another vague neo-con meme without any real evidence. Are there probably a few knuckleheads out there who think they're going to get "free healthcare"? Sure. Are those people a majority? Nope, not even close. This is just a talking point to give Republican voters warm fuzzy feelings after the sting of losing the Obamacare debate.
Knuckleheads indeed. How about the ones who just got bribed to get Obamacare with a smartphone thanks to Obama, squealing lets keep Obama in office, I just got an Obamaphone!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are people seriously thinking that as of tomorrow they can go to any doctor and get free health care.

I have heard ins. Brokers on the radio stating they can't even login to the comp. themselves so how can they even enter new clients.

Diane Sawyer was interviewing a few people with pre existing conditions who hardly can't wait to get the new health care since they stated it is great to get it for free....

If it wasn't so sad it would almost be hilarious to see they huge mess that will start tomorrow....

Even though I'm a republican I hope there will not be a government shut down so we can see in full force the huge mess....
No one ever said healthcare was going to be free.

Strawman fail.

/end thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Knuckleheads indeed. How about the ones who just got bribed to get Obamacare with a smartphone thanks to Obama, squealing lets keep Obama in office, I just got an Obamaphone!
That's funny

You can really tell what obama thinks of those that voted for him ..

we should ask him ... um ... trade any beads with the indians lately?

Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
But but but Obama said it would cost the same as my cable bill and less than my cell phone.
FACT CHECK: Slippery salesmanship from Obama on health care, dubious counterclaims from GOP - Washington Post

Obama: Under Obamacare, health care will cost less than your cell phone bill | InvestmentWatch

Now my wives smartphone costs us $80 a month. Our Sat. TV costs us $76 a month.
I have yet to see any estimates that less than double the cost of either bill.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes.
Bunches of people have told me they haven't bothered following up or creating payment plans to have things looked at or done because they are "waiting for that free Obamacare."

TONS of people.
Yup and I am still trying to get a single liberal to post who is subsidizing their plans.. Just one.. All I want is for one honest liberal to post clearly and articulately where the money comes from and that's is not free.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
No one ever said healthcare was going to be free.

Strawman fail.

/end thread
Sure Skippy .. whatever you say

No insurance? Where to get free, low cost health care | HealthCare.gov

Quote:
Since President Obama has been emphasizing of late how inexpensive Obamacare will be for many Americans, advertising the availability of "free" health care might have been viewed as a deterrent to purchasing even the least expensive option from the government-run exchanges. Since the "bronze" and "silver" level plans that the president has recently been touting as equaling "the cost of your cable bill" and "less than your cell phone bill" will still entail significant out-of-pocket costs for medical care, "free" might still look more attractive to many on the lower end of the income scale.
Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care' | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I also heard on tv that signing up for the health care is not much money but the amount will increase if the health care will be used...not sure if that is true or not but interesting to learn more about...
This is the way insurance companies work .. it's been that way for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies