Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times

Advertisements

Liberals, Why do you preach compromise yet never stop your quest for authoritarianism?

You wont let the house repeal the tax on medical devices, you wont give the American people a pass on Obamacare..you never stop with your quest for civilian disarmament always says "just a few more laws", "no one wants to limit your rights" "no one is trying to take way your guns" ect..

Why is it you never give up anything and We the people lose everything, slowly but surely..

Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Not a liberal, but...

1. The house shouldn't have passed the tax on medical devices if they wanted to repeal it later on.

2. The entire ACA was a compromise.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
More myopic, hypocritical partisan hack nonsense.

This is not a stump for the Dems, whom I also despise.

But any reasonable person should be aware that we should be DONE with both parties.

The Republicans/neocons have proven over and over again they are:

1. Not at all actually conservative. The GOP abandoned all conservative principles about 4 decades ago.

2. Every single bit, 100% as incompetent and irresponsible with money and resources as the Democrats.

3. Every single bit, 100% as invasive and intrusive into the private lives of citizens as the Democrats.

All national level politicians from BOTH parties are bought, sold and owned by special interests. They work for THEM and not US.

No reasonable person should ever vote for any Dem OR Repub for any national office ever.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
This is a vote on the debt ceiling, to pay bills that Congress (Democrats and Republicans) has authorized. It's not about holding it hostage to your wish lists. Might as well throw overturning Roe V Wade or Obama's birth certificate into the mix, they already threw in a "conscience clause".

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Am I the only one who finds all these threads that start out with a lie about liberals, followed by a question asking liberals to justify the lie, tiresome?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Am I the only one who finds all these threads that start out with a lie about liberals, followed by a question asking liberals to justify the lie, tiresome?
It is the same about republicans. I wish people would realize that both parties play the same stupid games and both parties completely suck.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
That's a pattern with gunlover. I've pointed it out in previous threads. He puts up a false premise then asks questions based on it.

Others do it about the republican party as well. But gunlover does it repeatedly like a broken record. Either she's constantly trying to fuel a fire or living in her own make-believe world.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Not a liberal, but...

1. The house shouldn't have passed the tax on medical devices if they wanted to repeal it later on.

2. The entire ACA was a compromise.
you are aware the house was controlled by the dems when they passed ACA, so the idea that it was a compromise(passed on party lines) is just a lie.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
That's a pattern with gunlover. I've pointed it out in previous threads. He puts up a false premise then asks questions based on it.

Others do it about the republican party as well. But gunlover does it repeatedly like a broken record. Either she's constantly trying to fuel a fire or living in her own make-believe world.
Yes. It would be exactly as valid and accurate (in other words, not at all valid or accurate) for me to start a thread saying something like:

"Why do Christians preach forgiveness, yet they want to kill all gay people?"

Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:

ok what was the vote on Obamacare? post the vote and party of the house...and I am a he...so yeah, wrong twice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.