Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,076,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It simply shows the thuggery associated with Obama. Closing monuments and memorials which are "open air", require no monitoring, and are open 24/7 is simply an attempt to "punish" Americans. This man is a petty, angry, small man.

I am glad the vets broke through the barriers. It is shocking that there were armed guards there. Now how much did they cost? Were these guards actually going to detain or harm US citizens, simply going on THIER LAND? The memorials ARE NOT OBAMA'S PRIVATE PROPERTY! That loon even tried to shut down Mt. Vernon, which is private property!

I would have been a nice touch if the vets had stormed the White House and taken over the Oval Office. At least there would then be someone there with an ounce of common sense.
This president , unlike any other president past has described the Armed Forces as " my military"... not " our military " This man sounds like a dictator, acts like a dictator and would love to be a dictator.

Obama is being found out as he shows his power plays on the people.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This Gov shutdown is an act of terrorism by these nuts that have hijacked the republican party. Don't try to confuse the much more important issue of the disfunction of our government with memorials.
Oh, please!
Must you parrot some insane liberal pundit with such an absurdity? Can't you make your own arguments?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Yes, the media is inept, but mostly because they ignore the corruption and other problems in the Obama administration.

You must be a real extremist, if you wish harm on all the country just to achieve a far-left political agenda and silence a certain contingent in the country. Rather alarming, actually.
The media no longer looks out for the people.. they are too busy giving power to our dictator and chief. The democrats will reap what they sow.. they have become a pawn as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:41 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It simply shows the thuggery associated with Obama. Closing monuments and memorials which are "open air", require no monitoring, and are open 24/7 is simply an attempt to "punish" Americans. This man is a petty, angry, small man.

I am glad the vets broke through the barriers. It is shocking that there were armed guards there. Now how much did they cost? Were these guards actually going to detain or harm US citizens, simply going on THIER LAND? The memorials ARE NOT OBAMA'S PRIVATE PROPERTY! That loon even tried to shut down Mt. Vernon, which is private property!

I would have been a nice touch if the vets had stormed the White House and taken over the Oval Office. At least there would then be someone there with an ounce of common sense.

Armed guards in a city that no one can be armed.
If you have not noticed, this is war.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They had to pay an employee to barricade the memorial. Truly disgusting.
And now they're going to pay security on top of the barricades to make sure those dangerous vets don't step foot (or wheels) onto the memorial.

Having been there recently it's my opinion that the closing of this particular open air memorial is just out of spite, nothing more.
Next they'll want to erect walls to stop the public from looking at the reflecting pool at the Washington monument with a huge sign saying "Viewing is closed due to shutdown".

I can see closing down things that actually take non stop manpower to run like buildings but the rest is just spite, along the lines of shutting down White House tours blaming the sequester.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why should the Democrats negotiate with Republican to destroy their own health care law?

In these negotiations what are Democrats getting, what are conservatives conceding?

Democrats are asking for nothing from conservatives to fund the government.

conservatives are asking for a huge concession while offering nothing.

But more importantly, that is over with conservatives have taken Repealing, Defunding, and Delaying Obamacare off the table.

So if the whole reason for the shutdown was Obamacare and conservatives have taken off the table doing anything to Obamacare what is left to discuss?
Why , because Obamacare will destroy the economy, how? Making many middleclass people insurance poor .

The republicans want a fair deal for the people.. why should big business get a pass and yet individuals have the weight of this tax mandate called Obamacare strapped to them through this hitlerish legislation.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What an embarrassing smokescreen.

It's a memorial, it isn't actually the veterans

My Dad was a decorated Marine in WWII. They invited him to the unveiling in Washington DC all expenses paid. He declined because he had something more important to do, a grandchild's birthday party.

This Gov shutdown is an act of terrorism by these nuts that have hijacked the republican party. Don't try to confuse the much more important issue of the disfunction of our government with memorials.

Then walk away. Don't put the effort and money into enclosing and open air park and saying no one step foot here.

We The People own that park, not the "Federal Government" that We The People allow to even exist.

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Typical GOP absurdity.

We're working overtime to put millions out of work and deny health care to millions more, but we're on the side of WWII veterans! And check out these lapel pins!

We're patriots!!!!!!!!
How many millions has Obama put out of work in his nearly five years as President? Not only with his other bad domestic policies, but primarily with his so-called "Affordable" Care Act?

I'm not at all concerned, and couldn't care less about government bureaucrats being temporaily off from work.

I wonder if Mooochelle's 21 [or maybe more] aids, some of whom make six figure salaries, have been sent home? No other First Lady has had anywhere near that many people pampering her and submitting to her every request. These people disgust me, how they are ripping off the American taxpayer!

5,730 posts, read 10,107,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Paid posters. There are legions of people that post on websites, blogs, USAtoday, CNN, etc that get paid to post for one party or the other, or in favor of/against another issue. Its sickening. Part of the astroturf strategy.
You mean like the majority of Obama and his wife (and the white house's) twitter followers!?!?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 AM

46,219 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Comprehension is key. The Democrats are the ones I see consistently engaging in name calling and other unprofessional behavior. This does not help their cause and that they do not understand this very basic idea is quite a sad display.
bobie is so far onthe left...he calls himself a centrist...but is so far from it, he has no clue....

Just look at his posts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.