Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM

82 posts, read 48,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The govt shutdown is another example of the right-wing believing what they hear in their insulated bubble. It's the same bubble that had them convinced Romney was going to win in a landslide.

The American people are against te shutdown to halt Obamacare.
If you listen to certain rightwing radio host the only Americans are their supporters.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Busted... over a quote attributed to an anonymous source.
Yep, imagine that a high official Obama administration official who didn't have the balls to put their name on it.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Both sides? The House Republicans could pass a clean bill, end the shutdown, and continue to negotiate like rational people. Boner could literally end the shutdown right now if he took a vote on a clean bill. So remind me again who is at fault for this shutdown.
Reid could literally end the shut down right now by passing a limited bill. What defines a clean bill? One the that gives the other side everything they want?
Reid refuses to negotiate in any way shape or form. He has said it repeatedly. This fake moral outrage over changing the ACA????? Obama and company has changed it many times by adding exemptions and waivers.
If it is so great then why the need to have waivers and exemptions for elected reps? Why not ride that gravy train as they are forcing the average american to do?
Obama delayed the employer mandate. Why not delay the individual mandate?
Because the reality is this shut down isn't about the ACA. It is about who has the biggest johnson.
Both sides have an equal power to end the shutdown.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
The question really is why are the GOP so arrogant. THEY closed the government down~ and only THEY can reopen it. THEY must present a clean bill opening government or accept the blame for not trying to negotiate way earlier when THEY decided that closing the government down was a good idea.
They "must" ROFLMAO. No they don't.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So in other words we should all encourage the OP to go to Yellowstone.
Fools do what fools do.
I don't know this guy or his abilities. If he's as good as he says he is, he could easily slip in and out of Yellowstone and Teton Nat. Parks with no problems.

But I know that country like my own back yard, so all I offered was fair warning. Yellowstone is huge and still wild as hell, and it is not to be trifled with lightly.

When I was 19 and climbed the Tetons from one end to the other, I was called upon to join a climbing party to help haul down some cocky climbers from back east who thought the Grand Teton was no big deal. After loading 3 frozen bodies on sleds to get helo'd out, I've felt obliged to warn other cocky folks ever since.

I'm too old now to do any more rescue. Those climbers snuck in Teton park and never registered with the park rangers. That several of them lived was only by fortuitous accident, and that was at a time when there were rangers on duty to immediately respond.

The Tetons are easily accessible by car, but the back roads in Yellowstone are not. They all require either hiking or horses to actually get into the park, and there won't be mounted patrols right now.

I won't wish him good luck, because i think if he does go in, he's being very stupid. But if he wants to take the risk, I won't stop him.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Reid could literally end the shut down right now by passing a limited bill. What defines a clean bill? One the that gives the other side everything they want?
Reid refuses to negotiate in any way shape or form. He has said it repeatedly. This fake oral outrage over changing the ACA????? Obama and company has changed it many times by adding exemptions and waivers.
If it is so great then why the need to have waivers and exemptions for elected reps? Why not ride that gravy train as they are forcing the average american to do?
Obama delayed the employer mandate. Why not delay the individual mandate?
Because the reality is this shut down isn't about the ACA. It is about who has the biggest johnson.
Both sides have an equal power to end the shutdown.
LOL, yep, that's what it's all about, who has the biggest johnson.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:57 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
The question really is why are the GOP so arrogant. THEY closed the government down~ and only THEY can reopen it. THEY must present a clean bill opening government or accept the blame for not trying to negotiate way earlier when THEY decided that closing the government down was a good idea.
So says your hero, zero.

Divided government is what it is.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats want the government shut down. Democrats BUSTED - WALL STREET JOURNAL. Said a high ranking Obama senior administration official:

"We are winning...It doesn't really matter to us" how long the shutdown lasts "because what matters is the end result."

White House's Hard Line on Shutdown, Debt Ceiling Has Risks Attached - WSJ.com

Yesterday Harry Reid said
Why Would We Want To” Help One Child With Cancer By Only Funding NIH?

Now let the Obama lovers come to the defense.

Busted for stating the obvious? Hey petch, the House is gonna cave and ACA will be funded..BUSTED!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because ACA is already a law, heck this whole shutdown isn't even stopping ACA, people can still sign up for it. The Republicans lost that battle, they just haven't been able to admit it yet and they are screwing over their own country because they didn't get their way.
So? The border laws are the law too, but the adminstration doesn't want to enforce those. California has said they will offer protection from deportation (in violation of federal law) but the administration doesn't care about that law. Paygo is a law, but that was forgotten the next day.

While the ACA is a law, the version being funded (or not funded) is not a law. The law that was passed did not include all of the special favors that Mr. Obama handed out by going around the law that was passed. What is going to happen right now is not consistent with the law that was passed. However, Mr. Obama still gets away with saying he's going to fight for the little guy.....

If both sides and the President say the other side will not comprmise, none of them are doing it. Each side thinks the other should be quiet and give them what they want, and if not, they claim the other side will not "compromise."

Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
Among many other things that have already been mentioned:

There have been a couple of transportation accidents that would normally be investigated by the NTSB, including a bus crash in Tennesse, but the NTSB is shut down. So no investigation is happening.
And here's another thing I just read: There are some scheduled airplane deliveries that are not being made right now, because the part of the FAA that normally issues airworthiness certificates is shut down.

If one looks around, it just goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies