Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 08:42 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama is not qualified to be President. Listen to what this ignoramus says here:
"If a worker shut down a plant till he got what he wanted, he'd be fired."
Isn't that what unions do?

This man comes up with the dumbest arguments! We might as well have just grabbed any Chicago thug off the street and made him President! Actually, I guess we did.

And Democrats support this donkey?

This guy is NOT presidential material. He sounds like an ignoramus, and that's exactly what he is!

Let me guess,

you hate Obama!

Could not have put this in the sticky thread,
Gov. Shutdown Thread

just had to have another gov't shutdown thread, just had to spam a bit more.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 10-05-2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The House COULD do that, except that both houses are run by despotic (lol) leaders. Boehner won't let that come up for a House vote, kinda like how Reid wouldn't allow any Senate amendments. His Speakership is hanging on fraying threads and allowing a vote would alienate a majority in his party who would replace him.

What I'm not getting is why the bipartisan majority in the House hasn't submitted a discharge petition to unbottle a clean bill and bring it to the floor. I'm guessing there is some parliamentary obstacle but don't know what it might be.
The Democrats are working on the discharge petition, but they have to have over a dozen Republicans to join them (which they are convinced will happen) and there is a timing issue - I don't think they can legally bring it up until October 11.

In the meantime - it appears the only House bill that Obama will accept and not VETO is the back pay bill for all those lovely Federal workers. The House is in session today to pay the backpay bill so you can rest a bit easier now. Don't forget to file for the unemployment insurance on Monday.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There is a large majority on this forum that would agree with you and a small handful in our actual country. He doesn't even have support in his own party.
Actually, he has far more support from his party than you think. You are relying on the false information fed you by the lamestream media.

If Ted Cruz did not have the support of his party, the Republicans would have caved in by now. But, they have been consulting with Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. The lamestream media isn't going to tell you this.

The lamestream media is controlled by Democrats, Leftists all. They determine what the news is, what will be reported, what won't be reported, and what will and will not be the focus of the days news. They claim the Republicans are losing the battle; but, that isn't true.

The people have been calling their Representatives and telling them what they think. They don't want ObamaCare, and they want it repealed. That is why the Republicans are holding firm to their position.

The Democrats are not listening to their constituents. The are driven by ideology, and are trying to protect the President. That is all. They don't give a damn about the economy, or the American people.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Actually, he has far more support from his party than you think. You are relying on the false information fed you by the lamestream media.

If Ted Cruz did not have the support of his party, the Republicans would have caved in by now. But, they have been consulting with Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. The lamestream media isn't going to tell you this.

The lamestream media is controlled by Democrats, Leftists all. They determine what the news is, what will be reported, what won't be reported, and what will and will not be the focus of the days news. They claim the Republicans are losing the battle; but, that isn't true.

The people have been calling their Representatives and telling them what they think. They don't want ObamaCare, and they want it repealed. That is why the Republicans are holding firm to their position.

The Democrats are not listening to their constituents. The are driven by ideology, and are trying to protect the President. That is all. They don't give a damn about the economy, or the American people.
As it so happens, I've seen Republican members SPEAK on television. Is it your belief that the 'lamestream media' actually put words in their mouth? So some tea party supporters (shocking that there are any) don't want Obamacare ~ so what? The Republicans are going to lose this battle and have done nothing but rally support FOR Obamacare with their silly, childish actions.

Get out of your fox induced coma and see what the rest of America thinks.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
He's doing the best he can with the genetic hand he was dealt. And believe me, there were a lot of Jokers in that deck.......

Something I posted on another thread might shed some light into his 'thinking':

He was the outcome of what today is legally known as statutory rape. His 23 year-old "dad" was having sexual relations with his 17 year-old mom. The statutory laws are a bit vague in the 1960s, but I believe that 23 going into 17 should have equaled 1......1 prison term. And to make matters worse, his "dad" was married at the time, just not to his mom. But hey, "dad" was a standup guy, and DID marry his mom, when mom was three months pregnant (all the while still married to his OTHER pregnant wife). Better late than never, I suppose. Now, "dad" acted like his other marriage didn't exist, so he of course told Obama's mom that he wasn't married.

And as we all know, Obama's "dad" never really lived with his mom, and of course, didn't bother to contest the divorce a few years later. And "mom" was hardly an angel - she left the baby with her parents, because hey, kids are a drag when you're 18, and MTV was still years away from launching.

So to net it out, this guy was "procreated"(?) by two incredibly self-centered people who honestly wanted nothing to do with him (actions do indeed speak louder than words). So he inherited a virtual smorgasboard of very questionable DNA: lousy decision making, self-absorbed self-centeredness, lying, etc.

The next dozen years were about as dysfunctional as his beginning, but it does give you some insight into what type of guy you're dealing with. It would be very difficult for Hollywood to make something up like this, but thankfully, all that's required of Hollyweird is that they continue to fawn over him, because he actually makes some of THEM seem normal.
That makes a lot of sense, and goes along with a lot of what I have read about his past.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Democrats are working on the discharge petition, but they have to have over a dozen Republicans to join them (which they are convinced will happen) and there is a timing issue - I don't think they can legally bring it up until October 11.

In the meantime - it appears the only House bill that Obama will accept and not VETO is the back pay bill for all those lovely Federal workers. The House is in session today to pay the backpay bill so you can rest a bit easier now. Don't forget to file for the unemployment insurance on Monday.
I only support backpay for federal workers NOT in appointed positions or political positions. Something like below a level 13-14?

I guess that'd make me a meanie?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As it so happens, I've seen Republican members SPEAK on television. Is it your belief that the 'lamestream media' actually put words in their mouth? So some tea party supporters (shocking that there are any) don't want Obamacare ~ so what? The Republicans are going to lose this battle and have done nothing but rally support FOR Obamacare with their silly, childish actions.

Get out of your fox induced coma and see what the rest of America thinks.
John McCain, Lindsay Graham, and their ilk don't count. They are Democrats with an elephant pin on their lapels.

I have heard them speak too, as well as a few others. They are vocal; but, they do not speak for all Republicans, including my own Representative, who responded to a letter I wrote him. He was basically in agreement with my point of view.

It's true, though, that Republicans have a habit of publically criticizing those in their own party. Democrats don't do that, even if they do disagree.

The Democrat leadership in the Senate were all too happy to have John McCain join them in their mocking of Ted Cruz. I promptly faxed my Senators, and let them know that John McCain and Lindsay Graham did not speak for me, and that it was shameful the way they treated Ted Cruz.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:06 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Obama is not qualified to be President. Listen to what this ignoramus says here:

Obama Against Strikes - YouTube
"If a worker shut down a plant till he got what he wanted, he'd be fired."
Isn't that what unions do?

This man comes up with the dumbest arguments! We might as well have just grabbed any Chicago thug off the street and made him President! Actually, I guess we did.

And Democrats support this donkey?

This guy is NOT presidential material. He sounds like an ignoramus, and that's exactly what he is!
The only explanation is that he's a Reptilian pretending to be human. Even his emotions are fake.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 AM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
He's doing the best he can with the genetic hand he was dealt. And believe me, there were a lot of Jokers in that deck.......
And what about you? What about the DNA you inherited? I would love to look into your background and examine Jokers in YOUR deck. People like you always need to put others down to feel better about yourselves.

While you're so busy being judgmental about other people's families, take a look at yourself and your own family's dysfunctions. Do you have any control over the genetic hand that you were dealt?

Your background is obviously not so great either, as evidenced by you.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Default John Boehner Crying - Newt Gingrich In A Diaper

Check out the newest Dem. ad airing across America...
Blaming GOP House Speaker Boehner for shutdown, Dem attack ad compares him to crying baby

Yup, the GOP sure is acting like a bunch of stubborn spoiled brats alright.

The gov't shutdown during Gingrich lasted 28 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies