Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Obama loves missing kids.... they are very useful to his cause.

The usgs daily stream gauges have been shut down.... like a direct computer feed can't function without being manned.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because amberalert.com lists the amber alerts. Amberalert.gov tells you about the program, that's all it has ever done, with a link to amberalert.com.
Haha.. nope.. the USDOJ site which issues the amber alerts are STILL DOWN

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/unavailable/

As a person that writes about missing person stories, you are probably wondering why I am on this subject. Well, it was brought to my attention by several people that there is another government website down that not many people are aware of, it is the America's Missing Broadcast Emergency Response website or as most people know it, Amber Alert. When you click on the website, there is nothing there, but a blank page, a Department of Justice emblem and the words, "Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs (OJP) website is unavailable."

Government shuts down Amber Alert website - National missing persons | Examiner.com

KUSA Channel 9 checked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and they confirmed it's only the federal website that aggregates alerts that is down, but Amber Alerts continue to be issued and investigated around the country.
Even so, the fact the website is down at all, is certainly confusing. How much could it possible cost to leave a website up? Leaving it up would allow people to continue to look at photos of missing children, especially if they thought they had seen a missing child.

I'm willing to bet the person who's job it is to monitor amber alerts, knows where to go find the USDOJ link to amber alerts..

Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
BS. It's Republicans who shut down the Amber Alert site (and usda.gov, recreation.gov and many more) but left Michelles letsmove.gov up and running? The hypocrisy of liberals is astounding.

I guess we know who wears the pants in the Obama family, and it isn't Barack.
Bingo.

The leftists that hang out here day and night are so disingenuous it's really pointless to engage with any of them. Matter of fact, most of the regulars are so stupid I've put them on ignore. I'd suggest that the less you engage with these hypocrites the better c-d politics will become.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Koolaid View Post
Anyone that has been paying attention over the last six years is well aware of what a self absorbed, whiney, petulant, petty, small minded little man Barack Obama is. lately he and his party have taken their ugly brand of take no prisoners politics to disgusting new levels in trying to make the shutdown as miserable as possible for the American people.

Department of Justice shuts down government Amber alert system - Atlanta Paulding County Republican | Examiner.com
You have been misinformed. Consider your source.

Amber Alert Website Offline Due To Shutdown - But It Doesn't Affect Amber Alert Systems (UPDATE)

Old 10-07-2013, 09:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha.. nope.. the USDOJ site which issues the amber alerts are STILL DOWN

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/unavailable/

As a person that writes about missing person stories, you are probably wondering why I am on this subject. Well, it was brought to my attention by several people that there is another government website down that not many people are aware of, it is the America's Missing Broadcast Emergency Response website or as most people know it, Amber Alert. When you click on the website, there is nothing there, but a blank page, a Department of Justice emblem and the words, "Due to the lapse in federal funding, this Office of Justice Programs (OJP) website is unavailable."

Government shuts down Amber Alert website - National missing persons | Examiner.com

I'm willing to bet the person who's job it is to monitor amber alerts, knows where to go find the USDOJ link to amber alerts..
Or the person writing this story for the Examiner could have an agenda.

All I know is that BOTH the amberalerts.gov (which explains the program) and the amberalerts.com (which lists amber alerts) are both up and running.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In 2012, more voters voted for Democrats in House races than Republicans.
That's just not fair! (stomp foot and whine) - those nasty Republicans that live in rural Red Counties and Districts should not be allowed to vote. Only the Heavy population Blue Urban Districts should be counted. That's the only fair thing to do.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think the image of the site being down, was made up, or is this your admission that the site was down, but now up?
I think you can grab an image from anywhere on the internet and post it on the forum.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I think you can grab an image from anywhere on the internet and post it on the forum.
I provided the link, but if you're now going to suggest I broke federal law and fake used the DOJ logo, then please by all means turn me in.. I'll sit here waiting for them to come get me..

Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why do you folks not use some common sense? How does the government taking money out of your pocket and mine, equate to more economic growth? Are their masterminds in government who can more wisely spend our money then we can?

The notion of raising taxes aside, we have tens of billions of dollars of wasteful spending in government each year already. If government needs more money, they need to clean house first.
Right! The government will never grow anything. They will always take from one and give to another with zero net affect..

Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Right! The government will never grow anything. They will always take from one and give to another with zero net affect..
Of course they grow something - the dependent class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies