Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

You should be more worried that 75% of the CIA analysts are have been sent home rather than focusing on visits to monuments and parks. They could solve this if Boehner would allow a vote on a clean CR come to the floor, what's the harm they have nothing else to do.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Boehner is a coward.

Yepper, the Tea partiers have him by the short hairs. Instead of actually growning a pair, he's doing...nothing.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And the House can't put a budget into affect without the buy-in of the Senate and President.

I'm of the opinion the GOP-controlled House should hold out as long as possible - since every day that goes by damages the prospects of the GOP maintaining control of the House come next election.
While Obamacare is not popular, the public - by a WIDE MARGIN - disapproves of the GOP using the budget talks (or the debt extension for the that matter) as a means of trying to force changes in Obamacare.

So, KEEP IT UP GOP - keep it up.

Ken
Well, Ken ... you're entitled to your opinion. Frankly, I think it is going the opposite way for the Democrats. The MSM will provide whatever narrative they like best, and they certainly don't care what the facts are.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
He alone has the power to bring a budget to a vote that was passed by the Senate. Why is he stalling? From what I understand of conservative principles, doing economic damage and hurting government revenue is the opposite of fiscal responsibility. How many billions of dollars do you all think is worth losing in order to cut a few billion in spending?

Here's A Tally Of Which House Republicans Are Ready To Fund The Government, No Strings Attached
GOP says Ted Cruz came up with this plan. Debt cieling limit is next.

Boehner: No ‘Clean’ Votes on Reopening Government or Debt Ceiling Without Negotiations with President Obama - ABC News

Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
What would it take for Obama to turn on American citizens 'Tienanmen Square' style?
Will he start passing out little blue books?

Ya never know what's next with tyrannical dictators.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM

293 posts, read 250,010 times
Why won't Mohamed al-Boehner, the economic terrorist speaker of the House, allow a vote on a clean continuing resolution bill?????

Let them vote NOW, al-Boehner!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, Ken ... you're entitled to your opinion. Frankly, I think it is going the opposite way for the Democrats. The MSM will provide whatever narrative they like best, and they certainly don't care what the facts are.
Well, how'd that "MSM is skewing the polls" argument work out in the last election?
For the most part the polls tend to be right - and we now have 2 major polls that are showing the the public is not behind the GOP on this subject and a Virginia governors race that's already showing a big drop for the GOP candidate (with the election just 4 weeks away) - not to mention a whole slew of horrendously low approval ratings for Congress (roughly record low territory).

Folks on the Right - especially on this board - have a real tendency to simply put their fingers in their ears and chant "the MSM is biased and skewing the polls" when they hear polls they don't like - something that is happening all over again on this issue. Such folks just never seem to learn

Ken

Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Isn't it odd that DOJ and Obama responded so quickly to the news reports of the Amber Alert DOJ site being down and have ignored the Old Vets?

DOJ says they were afraid that their site being down would lead people to believe that the Amber Alert system was down ..... which of course it's not. I posted earlier that the DOJ site is nothing but a re-direct to the real Amber Alert web-site.
The "Old Vets" from Arkansas had no trouble going to Washington DC and visiting THREE different memorials, including the World War II Memorial, so I'm not sure what you mean by "ignore". Of course, you've ignored the fact that though the park service shutdown affected vets at the beginning of last week, that the National Parks Service stated LAST WEEK that Honor Flights would be allowed to complete their schedules, and since that announcement, have done so.

The Amber Alert website that ends in .gov explains the website and has numerous links, including to the Amber Alert website that ends in .com that actually lists Amber Alerts. Since it's local and state police that issue amber alerts, and not the federal government, it should be obvious to people that the Amber Alert System is not down.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 PM

129 posts, read 323,278 times
Default Interesting article on the government shutdown

It now makes sense why the republicans keep saying that no one wants the new healthcare law, and why Boehner won't budge. Scary stuff! How the Kochs and their Friends Engineered the Federal Shutdown, Part One | Eric Zuesse

Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Seriously, foreigners who don't understand US public laws and haven't read them really shouldn't be commenting on the government shut-down

The States, municipalities and airports are free to hire their own ATCs.

The federal government has no business operating the FAA in the first place, but as a foreigner who doesn't understand the US Constitution, I can see why you'd falsely believe otherwise.

Mircea

What???? I am quite confused.....I am a foreigner what gave you that idea? Where do you think I live? Hint: look up at the upper right corner of this post.

I am the aviation focal point at my work and visit control towers and FAA air traffic facilities. You havent a clue how the national airplane traffic and management system works, but I do as I am involved it to a large degree due to weather forecasting...

very odd post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies