Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times

Advertisements

Funny how Obama says "the republicans are required to fund govt. and do their job" but H. Reid hasn't passed a budget in what...4 or 5 yrs.
What a joke this Presidency has been.

Last edited by kerrymac; 10-01-2013 at 11:16 AM..

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All of this is just fear mongering from the GOP (just as Reagan attempted concerning Medicare). The GOP knows that the ACA will become as popular as Medicare which will make the republicans look like asses down the road for attempting to stop it. The more the repubs try to stop the ACA, the worse they will look down the road. They are digging themselves deeper and deeper!

Yes fear mongering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Air Traffic Controllers are working without pay ... Great, just what we need, disgruntled ATC workers! Way to go Repubs!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
All of this is just fear mongering from the GOP (just as Reagan attempted concerning Medicare). The GOP knows that the ACA will become as popular as Medicare which will make the republicans look like asses down the road for attempting to stop it. The more the repubs try to stop the ACA, the worse they will look down the road. They are digging themselves deeper and deeper!
LOL isn't medicare a broke? So maybe Reagan was right.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Does this mean he'll only play 9 holes today?
He might while waiting for the GOP to listen to Cruz read them "Green Eggs and Ham" again.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You are NOT alone in this.

I do not wish them overwhelming defeat out of spite - I hope that this type of defeat will bring them back into reality. For the past years, however, whenever they have experienced losses, the belief seems to have been that they need to position themselves as even MORE conservative and even MORE extremist instead of reversing this insane trend. I don't know how much hope there is for the GOP - they are currently too blinded to see that they are headed straight for disaster.
The media has their nose up Obama's ass and Obama knows it. How can anyone hear both sides with that. He negotiates with terrorist but acts like a dictator with Americans.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's rich, since you started this thread accusing the Republicans of wanting to shut down the government. So just your red herrings are allowed?
Not an accusation, it a fact. When the House passes an Incomplete Spending Bill knowing full well that the Senate would reject the Bill then the House knew exactly what would happen and there is no other way to explain it as them wanting the government shutdown. Party before Nation, the new mantra of the right, enjoy becoming a minor player in American politics you guys have no one to blame but yourselves. The thing You and other right leaning Americans do not understand is that many Indes did not want the GOP to go down this path of self destruction, we prefer to have viable alternatives to what the Dems provide, as it is today the GOP is not a viable alternative to anything.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Reid refused to even take the new budget out of committee last night - so the Senate didn't even get a chance to vote for it. Therefore - the dems are the ones shutting down the gov't. I'm not a republican, just a US citizen who thinks that Obamacare was bad from the get go. Where are the independent polls ( not liberal leaning ones) which let us know how the people think about the dems and their refusal to comprimise? I've only seen polls asking whose responsible with only the Republicans, Obama and undecided on them.

With their compromises in last nights budget - they pretty much guaranteed the Dems an overwhelming win in 2014.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The media has their nose up Obama's ass and Obama knows it. How can anyone hear both sides with that. He negotiates with terrorist but acts like a dictator with Americans.
Dictator? If he were the Dictator you guys keep claiming he is you would not be here to say so

Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Such a statement only makes it clear that you have no idea what either side is doing here.
No I can see that both sides are playing the game of I want it all my way or I'll shut the gov down and they did it last night.
Is the Gov shut down? Yes
Did the GOP send a bill to senate for a vote? Yes
Did the senate without the least amount of discussion vote no? Yes
Did the senate threaten to vote no if any changes were made to the ACA? Yes
Both sides playing the same game.
Maybe you are so partisan that you refuse to accept that your party is equally guilty.
Remember the Majority of Americans do not support the ACA in its current form and yet the Dems absolutely refuse to change it.
It makes me sad that the nation is held hostage by the ruling elite of both parties.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
He might while waiting for the GOP to listen to Cruz read them "Green Eggs and Ham" again.
You're really stretching, it makes you look weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies