Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ting-down.html

Which is it? Liberals are crying or they are excited about the shutdown?
Right.

Notably non-liberal Bachmann and Culberson are excited. Boehner's not publicly crying yet, give it a day.

Liberals mostly seem disgusted. I can relate.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Both -- they're excitedly crying. They're running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

They don't even have their facts straight, so many liberals insist that military families aren't going to be paid.
World is ending in the minds of liberals...............GOVERNMENT OFFICES CLOSED.........run for the hills. Only thing worse could be global warming coming to their town. LOL

Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
The military should be the first thing to shut down, and yet it is the only thing that is still funded.

So we can afford the most expensive thing on the budget, but can't keep a few parks open?
You have some very odd priorities.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Dems hold the superior position as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They now have something else to blame somebody else for. The failure of the liberal agenda is right there for all to see but the propaganda ministers distort it...........the liberals scream and cry.......and blame everybody else. The great leader.......Obama......stands up today and blames of course who else.........the republicans. What an epic joke it has all become but hey they are getting away with it which is even sadder for my children and my children's children. They are the one's who will pay the ultimate price. Liberals who declare all they care about...........the children.............just baaaaa along and scream like the useful idiots they are. So pathetic I can't put it into words anymore even though I try.
Yes, I know your pain. The Dems are looking pretty damn good right now and it hurts you Pubs that your party is a failure and in a free fall. I can see why you're speechless, but when Republicans are not happy, the country does better.

Kudos to the Dems and President Obama for maintaining their superior position.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama may have been re-elected with the help of the IRS and media but the people voted to keep Obama in check.

Truth. That's why Article 1 of the Constitution pertains to the legislature; the house of representatives being the most powerful.

I bet few of the liberals posting drivel have a copy of the Constitution at their desks. Mine is always at my fingertips. I can refer to it at any time and know the law. It needs no interpretation by anyone as it is easy to comprehend. I have no idea why some stuff goes before the supreme court - like we are supposed to take the word of a bunch of old politically motivated penguins. Roberts wonked so badly concerning ACA its a wonder Thomas didn't hit him in the head.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Bases and troops on foreign soil are not a constitutional requirement.
truth, but they ARE covered by treaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The only ones crying are right wing nuts on city-data trying to lay blame on the other party when it's their party that screwed up.
piffle. i dont care who is at fault for shutting down the government, in fact i blame BOTH parties for this issue, but then again i just dont care if the government is shut down or not. in fact right now we are saving money because of the shut down.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Looking good? That is the problem with you so called "American" liberals. You don't care about the country you only care about your liberal agenda. You are pathetic.

Looking good my arse. Nobody knows what the hell is going on and Obama will be playing golf soon. Probably Bush's fault right. You folks are worthless.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They now have something else to blame somebody else for. The failure of the liberal agenda is right there for all to see but the propaganda ministers distort it...........the liberals scream and cry.......and blame everybody else. The great leader.......Obama......stands up today and blames of course who else.........the republicans. What an epic joke it has all become but hey they are getting away with it which is even sadder for my children and my children's children. They are the one's who will pay the ultimate price. Liberals who declare all they care about...........the children.............just baaaaa along and scream like the useful idiots they are. So pathetic I can't put it into words anymore even though I try.
Always blaming other people for the faults of your own party I see.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont care who is at fault for shutting down the government, in fact i blame BOTH parties for this issue
As do most in America other than the liberal lunatics who feed of the propaganda tube in front of them. My lefty loony brother in law even emailed me that we need to burn it all down. LOL. He's a hard core Obama clown too and we go at it all the time so I had to laugh. I am just amazed how stupid people are anymore.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Truth. That's why Article 1 of the Constitution pertains to the legislature; the house of representatives being the most powerful.

I bet few of the liberals posting drivel have a copy of the Constitution at their desks. Mine is always at my fingertips. I can refer to it at any time and know the law. It needs no interpretation by anyone as it is easy to comprehend. I have no idea why some stuff goes before the supreme court - like we are supposed to take the word of a bunch of old politically motivated penguins. Roberts wonked so badly concerning ACA its a wonder Thomas didn't hit him in the head.
Roberts -> IRS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies