Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
In case you don't remember, a bunch of nut jobs sanctioned by the Islamic Republic of Iran took our embassy hostage. If someone wants to cater to that government, I must ask if they are insane.
What caused the Islamic Republic of Iran to focus on our Embassy?
How many Iranians suffered and or were tortured to death by the Shaw regime. The same animals we put in power and supported. We don't hold the moral high ground.
I haven't seen any call to cater to the Iranians. That is unless you consider communication a form of catering.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:18 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Iran = Hisbullah.
Without Iran there would have been no such organization. BTW, how did they posses truckloads of explosives, if not Iran/Syria? It wasn't a war of Lebanon (whose national army wasn't engaged) against foreigner armies, but something else.
Nevertheless, a guerrilla force attacking a foreign military base in its own country is warfare, not terrorism.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Oh I see. It was "war". You're quit the legitimate apologetic for Hezzbollah. Should we provide some examples of Hezzbollah terrorist acts? Instead of trying to justify the murder of you're countries soldiers, you find an excuses to some how ratify some anti-Israel propaganda. But ofcourse, its the evil juice fault
The Lebanese had every moral right to resist the U.S.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Because he's scared we might stop pandering to his country, despite all evidence to the contrary. And he believes that Israel is entitled to nukes, but somehow Iran is not.
Yes, "somehow" a country that held an embassy hostage for over a year, is a known funding and training center for terrorists, and has announced that America is the Great Satan that needs to be destroyed, isn't entitled to nuclear weapons. Gee, imagine that.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The Lebanese had every moral right to resist the U.S.
What is your excuse for this?

AMIA bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
When it's been conclusively established what was done, and by whom, I may venture an opinion on it. Still, it's mainly Argentina's business, not ours.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
If the Middle East ever made peace with Israel... politicians would be useless...

Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
When it's been conclusively established what was done, and by whom, I may venture an opinion on it. Still, it's mainly Argentina's business, not ours.
You are quit the con artist. You refuse to bare responsibility of the violent actions of Hezzbollah which has conducted terrorist activities against YOUR people and others around the world for decades but are so quick to condemn Israel on propaganda.

It is hard conclusive know how historical fact that Hezzbollah was behind the Argentina bombing.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What caused the Islamic Republic of Iran to focus on our Embassy?
How many Iranians suffered and or were tortured to death by the Shaw regime.
I just ruined another keyboard....the Shaw...that's funny.

Quote:
You are quit the con artist. You refuse to bare responsibility of the violent actions of Hezzbollah which has conducted terrorist activities against YOUR people and others around the world for decades but are so quick to condemn Israel on propaganda.
I'm guessing you suck at Scrabble.

It's "quite" and "bear" for future reference.

Quote:
It is hard conclusive know how historical fact that Hezzbollah was behind the Argentina bombing.
No, it isn't.

The US has quite often made claims that did not stand up to scrutiny. The bombing of the discotheque in Berlin would be one very glaring example.

Quote:
Point being?
You're not competent or knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject matter rationally.

Quote:
You're right, my mistake. But proves my further point that the US never had the cajonies to prevent any program from going nuclear.
And what exactly does "going nuclear" mean?

Explain in your own words.....no links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What kind of nuclear weapon?
I've been waiting for what,....oh, I don't know....3-4 years now for even one of you to explain what kind of "bomb" Iran is building.

Quote:
Lol you sound like a tool. Anyway, There was no US assistance during the Israeli raid of the Osirak raid. United States was really upset by it and it is even said that Israel told the United States about the attack after the jets were flying back to Israel. UN Censure... F-16 embargo. Hope this clears up any confusions that you have at this point.
Excuse me....but the US had military advisors on the ground in Iraq during the Iraq-Iran conflict.

10-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I had a chance to go to Iraq as a military advisor in 1984 during the Iraq-Iran War, but went to Egypt to train troops instead. In hindsight, I probably should have gone to Iraq.
Check it out....

Quote:
How the U.S. helped Saddam Hussein use chemical weapons against Iran - The Week
How the U.S. helped Saddam Hussein use chemical weapons against Iran

Washington is apparently ready to punish Syria for using poison gas, but a generation ago the calculus was different

By Harold Maass | August 26, 2013

The U.S.'s role in the Iraq-Iran war was greater than previously believed.
With US military advisors from the US Army and US Air Force on the ground in Iraq engaging in combat operations, the US is not going to jeopardize their safety or their lives, or the mission of the US in aiding Iraq in the war against Iran.

So, of course the US is going to pretend to be mad at Israel in public in the international world forum, otherwise the Iraqis might have harmed US military personnel in Iraq, right?

I know Foreign Policy is a complex issue, but it it isn't that difficult.

Quote:
Operation Orchard
Is that supposed to impress me?

Quote:
So what did Israel attack if Syria had "no nuclear reactors"? You're slipping on your agenda.
I have no agenda, other than the truth, and it's unfortunate you cannot say the same.

I explained what Israel attacked. They attacked a missile assembly facility. The blast-brake is the big freaking clue. You've never seen one.....I have.....seen lots of them....all over the world.

You know, a few months after I got back from Egypt, I was transferred to Germany to clean up the mess they made with the nuclear weapons deployment (for the PIIs and the BGM-109Gs) and retrograde operations (like for the Nike and the Honest John) and the very first damn mission I was on, we delivered some PII motors and boosters to Camp Red Leg.

Those idiots didn't use the blast-brake.....which is too bad, because static electricity ignited the solid fuel and torched 9 of those guys.....to death. Some of them lived long enough to be evacuated State-side to the Army's burn institute at Fort Sam Houston....at least their families got to talk to them before they died (assuming they were conscious at any given point in time).

One kid lived. He was from Paintsville, Kentucky (I remember that because I have family in the area).

They were very lucky the fire didn't spread to the first stage booster and ignite the motor, you can imagine the thrust coming out of that thing, well, I can anyway.

It was January (1985) and cold and it gets dark early and they were in a hurry. If they would have backed the launcher into the blast-break, before they started to mate the second stage booster to the first stage motor, the fire would have been confined to the area of the blast-break, and fewer troops would have died.

And the static inhibitor.....? I believe that was a part that cost $0.034 to manufacture.

Quote:
Instead of attempting to look cool and insulting me, you should understand the events that took place before accusing someone of bs and more bs.
I don't have to look cool, and I understand the events, while you clearly do not.

By the way....I had fun in Egypt. Ronnie Reagan sent us there.

I trained battalion, brigade and division staffs in Rear Area Combat Operations, like you'd even know what that is. We took apart the 1973 Yom Kippur War. I taught 8 hours a day for two weeks in class-rooms going over every facet of the war, pointing out where the Egyptians made their mistakes (as they related to RACO).

Then it was two weeks of half-a-days in the class-room, and the other half in the field.

Then the last two weeks were all in the field.

Again, what kind of nuke?

The question goes to the heart of the matter....and the fact that not even one person seems to be able to answer the question is quite noticeable....and very damaging to the credibility of those who keep screaming, "Nukes!" so loudly.

Not impressed...

Mircea

Old 10-03-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
I just ruined another keyboard....the Shaw...that's funny.

I'm guessing you suck at Scrabble.

It's "quite" and "bear" for future reference.
Sorry grammar nazi.

Quote:
No, it isn't.

The US has quite often made claims that did not stand up to scrutiny. The bombing of the discotheque in Berlin would be one very glaring example.
Yes it is... Hezzbollah was behind the attacks.

Quote:
You're not competent or knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject matter rationally.
Considering you believe the United States was behind Israel's strike of the Osirak.. You pretty much do not have any right to tell anyone what they know or don't know.

Quote:
And what exactly does "going nuclear" mean?

Explain in your own words.....no links.
There are particular countries in this world that have had nuclear program ( Which many preach are peaceful at first) in which they decide to develop a nuclear bomb. Pakistan, North Korea, Syria ( not enough info about US involvement if any), Iraq, ect. The United States in all four of these circumstance failed to prevent the bomb from happening. Israel decided to step up and destroy the Iraq and Syrian reactors. USA has a zero track record of stopping nuclear weapons which means they cannot be trusted in stopping Iran.

Quote:
I've been waiting for what,....oh, I don't know....3-4 years now for even one of you to explain what kind of "bomb" Iran is building.
Of course you have been "waiting"... At this stage, Iran has enough enrichment to build 9 warheads if they choose too at any moments notice. Nobody has ever claimed that Iran has a nuclear weapon.

Quote:
Excuse me....but the US had military advisors on the ground in Iraq during the Iraq-Iran conflict.

10-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Check it out....

With US military advisors from the US Army and US Air Force on the ground in Iraq engaging in combat operations, the US is not going to jeopardize their safety or their lives, or the mission of the US in aiding Iraq in the war against Iran.

So, of course the US is going to pretend to be mad at Israel in public in the international world forum, otherwise the Iraqis might have harmed US military personnel in Iraq, right?
You are messing subjects. You first said that the US provided satellite intelligence to the IAF to conduct a strike. Now you're attempting to provide sources of US involvement in the Iran-Iraq war. The United States was furious when the IAF made its strike and didn't know about it until the AIF planes reached back down in Tel Aviv.

I know Foreign Policy is a complex issue, but it it isn't that difficult.

Quote:
Is that supposed to impress me?
Not sure and don't care.

Quote:
I have no agenda, other than the truth, and it's unfortunate you cannot say the same.

I explained what Israel attacked. They attacked a missile assembly facility. The blast-brake is the big freaking clue. You've never seen one.....I have.....seen lots of them....all over the world.

You know, a few months after I got back from Egypt, I was transferred to Germany to clean up the mess they made with the nuclear weapons deployment (for the PIIs and the BGM-109Gs) and retrograde operations (like for the Nike and the Honest John) and the very first damn mission I was on, we delivered some PII motors and boosters to Camp Red Leg.

Those idiots didn't use the blast-brake.....which is too bad, because static electricity ignited the solid fuel and torched 9 of those guys.....to death. Some of them lived long enough to be evacuated State-side to the Army's burn institute at Fort Sam Houston....at least their families got to talk to them before they died (assuming they were conscious at any given point in time).

One kid lived. He was from Paintsville, Kentucky (I remember that because I have family in the area).

They were very lucky the fire didn't spread to the first stage booster and ignite the motor, you can imagine the thrust coming out of that thing, well, I can anyway.

It was January (1985) and cold and it gets dark early and they were in a hurry. If they would have backed the launcher into the blast-break, before they started to mate the second stage booster to the first stage motor, the fire would have been confined to the area of the blast-break, and fewer troops would have died.

And the static inhibitor.....? I believe that was a part that cost $0.034 to manufacture.

I don't have to look cool, and I understand the events, while you clearly do not.

By the way....I had fun in Egypt. Ronnie Reagan sent us there.

I trained battalion, brigade and division staffs in Rear Area Combat Operations, like you'd even know what that is. We took apart the 1973 Yom Kippur War. I taught 8 hours a day for two weeks in class-rooms going over every facet of the war, pointing out where the Egyptians made their mistakes (as they related to RACO).

Then it was two weeks of half-a-days in the class-room, and the other half in the field.

Then the last two weeks were all in the field.

Again, what kind of nuke?

The question goes to the heart of the matter....and the fact that not even one person seems to be able to answer the question is quite noticeable....and very damaging to the credibility of those who keep screaming, "Nukes!" so loudly.

Not impressed...

Mircea
Thank you for you're short story. I'm glad you think you're more informative than me and that you allegedly took part in the YKW. There is a youtube video on the Osarik attack so I suggest viewing that unless you can prove you're original claim that the US provided intel to Israel ( Because Israel was unable to produce the intel themselves for there attack )

And please read this link for a full accurate detail of the current situation in Iran.
Yes to Negotiations, Yes to an Agreement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies