Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times

Advertisements

I always knew he would go that way since his Duece Biggalow days. Those movies were so preachy, filled with conservative values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Schneider tore into Mel Gibson for those anti semitic comments he made so the guy has passion. So now him and Jon Lovitz have walked away from left wing ideology, I guess Adam Sandler and David Spade are next.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:16 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Rob Schneider is an alright guy. I don't see why it's necessary to disparage his work in Hollywood because of his political beliefs, since the two are completely unrelated.
The reason that I am not surprised by his shift in politics (and what you don't seem to know) is that some of Rob Schneider's closest friends are bankers and CEOs (Well, ex-CEOs since his best friend recently retired)
The other reason I am not surprised by his shift on politics is that it's old news (circa 2010 or so) What is the OP going to do next? Tell us that who won the world series that year?

Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Hollywood Celebrity Turns To Republican Party After Disgust With California Democrats, and His Reasoning is Great | Independent Journal Review

Good news. Schneider also says he doesn't believe Democrats have the best interests of parents and children at heart when it comes to raising your kids. He's right.
I can't be the only person who thought this upon seeing the title of this thread, who the f is Rob Schneider?

When I looked him up I realized I had watched him on SNL and some movies, and while he is certainly entitled to his opinion, it shows how desperate for recognition many conservatives are from hollywood that he matters to some of them at all.

Liberals don't say hey this famous person is a Democrat. It is largely irrelevant. Other than showing how disconnected conservatives are from this nation's popular entertainment culture.

This is partly why they lost the gay marriage debate. Hollywood started normalizing homosexuals in a manner that conservatives couldn't demonize them.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I thought the general sentiment on this board from Conservatives was, 'who cares about what the celebrities say or do?'
This is what i keep trying to understand for the life of me.

They hate EVERYTHING about Hollyweird, but as soon as some mustache with a script in his hands declares his love for the GOP, they become orgasmic.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is about California politics. Even Democrats are running from that place.
And jealousy will get you where you live. Nice try though. Lol

Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Brave move. He'll be lucky to find work now, Hollywood is notoriously bigoted against non-liberal Democrats.

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Uh, huh. Just like the President's race was - did you really say largely - largely irrelevant to the pwogs. "It's so cool. He is so cool."
Right.
Just like, "My bank must have messed up the payment. I was just thinking about you. You can keep your insurance if you want. Doctor too.", and other largely relevant lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I can't be the only person who thought this upon seeing the title of this thread, who the f is Rob Schneider?

When I looked him up I realized I had watched him on SNL and some movies, and while he is certainly entitled to his opinion, it shows how desperate for recognition many conservatives are from hollywood that he matters to some of them at all.

Liberals don't say hey this famous person is a Democrat. It is largely irrelevant. Other than showing how disconnected conservatives are from this nation's popular entertainment culture.

This is partly why they lost the gay marriage debate. Hollywood started normalizing homosexuals in a manner that conservatives couldn't demonize them.

624 posts, read 939,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I thought the general sentiment on this board from Conservatives was, 'who cares about what the celebrities say or do?'
^^^^This, this, this. Only wish I had said it first.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Hollywood Celebrity Turns To Republican Party After Disgust With California Democrats, and His Reasoning is Great | Independent Journal Review

Good news. Schneider also says he doesn't believe Democrats have the best interests of parents and children at heart when it comes to raising your kids. He's right.
And you're telling us this because . . . . . ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies