Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh my fn god.. how dumb can you be?

If the landlord is the government
tenant pays $1200 for rent, government spends $100 for repairs.. net proceed to the government $1100
Under your change, tenant pays $1100 for rent, another $100 for repairs, net proceed to the govenrment. $1100

the same dam amount goes to the government..
Where did I mention repairs? Or the tenant spending money for repairs?
What are you talking about?

Look dude, I'll be more specific since you are s...

Ok the landlord wants them to maintain a garden around the property. There are no costs to the tenant to maintain the garden. OK NO repairs, no costs for repairs to anyone.

Now the landlord, says if you do this I'll knock $100 dollars off of the rent. The renter agrees. Now the landlord can either collect the full rent for the year and then mail a check for $1200. Or the landlord can knock the $100 off up front.

Either way whether a check is mailed or not the landlord is spending $1200.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
No a deduction is not a god dam subsidy

Subsidy:
1. a financial aid supplied by a government, as to industry, for reasons of public welfare, the balance of payments, etc 2. English history a financial grant made originally for special purposes by Parliament to the Crown 3. any monetary contribution, grant, or aid

Government is not giving you aid, they are allowing you to keep what you already have
They are not making you a grant
They are not giving you monetary contributions..

ITS YOUR MONEY you use to cover your employee expenses, NOT THE GOVERNMENTS..

A CREDIT is a subsidy, you know, things like the earned income child CREDIT..
Yes a deduction is a subsidy.

Right now the federal government could say we are going to collect all taxes owed and then mail out checks after you file your taxes to claim the value of your deductions.

Or the Federal can do what it does now which is say we won't collect all taxes owed based on the value of the deductions we have given out.

Either way the government is spending money on those deductions.

Now either dispute this or not, but giving dictionary definitions doesn't change how deductions work in taxation.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
You cant follow your own scenario?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Where did I mention repairs? Or the tenant spending money for repairs?
What are you talking about?
Quote:
Here is why, say there is a landlord who offers to knock $100 dollars a month off of the rent, if the renters do x, y, z, around the rental property.
Quote:
Look dude, I'll be more specific since you are s...

Ok the landlord wants them to maintain a garden around the property. There are no costs to the tenant to maintain the garden. OK NO repairs, no costs for repairs to anyone.
What the hell makes you think there is no cost to the tenant to maintain the gardens? Time is money, if you're maintaining that garden, you're losing the ability to work (and pay taxes, which should just **** you off since you LOVE paying taxes)
Quote:
Now the landlord, says if you do this I'll knock $100 dollars off of the rent. The renter agrees. Now the landlord can either collect the full rent for the year and then mail a check for $1200. Or the landlord can knock the $100 off up front..
And if the landlord collects the $1200 they would have to maintain the garden, thus spend money on the maintenance..
Quote:
Either way whether a check is mailed the landlord is spending $1200.
Either way, the money to the landlord is the same LIKE YOU SAID.. thereby there is NO subsidy..

Your own argument disputes your own argument..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
No, its sad you think a deduction is a subsidy..
I know. People don't understand deduction vs credit. Plus the credit on health premiums makes no reduction in earn income tax credit one receives.

The ACA is a free money give a way.

With a deduction you have to spend money and maybe hope to get 25-35% of it back in terms of deduction. With the ACA instant credit. A 10k credit is worth 30k in deductions.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Yes a deduction is a subsidy.

Right now the federal government could say we are going to collect all taxes owed and then mail out checks after you file your taxes to claim the value of your deductions..
That STILL wouldnt make it a subsidy since its YOUR MONEY.. They cant refund what you dont pay, unless its a CREDIT.. which makes it not a subsidy..

If they said collect all money, and then we're going to then divide the difference among EVERYONE, that would be a subsidy because those who dont pay a dime, WOULD RECEIVE A CHECK they DIDNT PAY
Quote:
Or the Federal can do what it does now which is say we won't collect all taxes owed based on the value of the deductions we have given out.
Thats not a dam subsidy because allowing you to keep your earned money is not out of the generosity of your heart.. YOU NEED TO EARN IT in order for them to collect
Quote:
Either way the government is spending money on those deductions.
I'm so done with this stupidity its not funny.. they arent spending money by allowing you to keep yours..
Quote:
Now either dispute this or not, but giving dictionary definitions doesn't change how deductions work in taxation.
And ignoring the difference between a deduction, and a credit, while pretending their the same, doesnt back up your claim about how taxes work either.. It just proves how much of a kook you are to think all money belongs to the government and they allow you to keep some of it because their nice..

Hey IAm, if you dont like subsidies, you should be bitching and moaning about Obamacare. Hows it feel to know this "millionaire" (On paper of course), will get $9500 more a year from the government, in addition to the $4500 I already get, and dont pay a dam dime in federal taxes?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I know. People don't understand deduction vs credit. Plus the credit on health premiums makes no reduction in earn income tax credit one receives.

With a deduction you have to spend money and maybe hope to get 25-35% of it back in terms of deduction. With the ACA instant credit. A 10k credit is worth 30k in deductions.
Exactly.. which is why my businesses are designed to not earn a profit.. And why people like Warren Buffet, stopped paying dividens on his stock, while keeping the profits in the business, thus making him a billionaire..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post

Yes we get that you have to spend money, but you are still getting subsidized on that 25-35% which means the government IS SPENDING money to give that back to you.

So you are telling me the only way you can recognize that a deduction is a subsidy and the government spending is if the federal government right now collected all taxes owed and then mailed out checks for the value of those deductions?

Then it is a subsidy right because the government mailed a check.

But if you get the same deduction where the government simply doesn't collect the taxes owed to the value of that same deduction in the earlier sentence then it is not a subsidy and the government isn't spending money?

That makes no sense.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
That STILL wouldnt make it a subsidy since its YOUR MONEY.. They cant refund what you dont pay, unless its a CREDIT.. which makes it not a subsidy..

If they said collect all money, and then we're going to then divide the difference among EVERYONE, that would be a subsidy because those who dont pay a dime, WOULD RECEIVE A CHECK they DIDNT PAY

Thats not a dam subsidy because allowing you to keep your earned money is not out of the generosity of your heart.. YOU NEED TO EARN IT in order for them to collect

I'm so done with this stupidity its not funny.. they arent spending money by allowing you to keep yours..

And ignoring the difference between a deduction, and a credit, while pretending their the same, doesnt back up your claim about how taxes work either.. It just proves how much of a kook you are to think all money belongs to the government and they allow you to keep some of it because their nice..

Hey IAm, if you dont like subsidies, you should be bitching and moaning about Obamacare. Hows it feel to know this "millionaire" (On paper of course), will get $9500 more a year from the government, in addition to the $4500 I already get, and dont pay a dam dime in federal taxes?
You are caught up in meaningless semantics.

The taxes you owe by definition are not your money. To acknowledge that you owe anyone means the money doesn't belong to you that is the very definition of owing.

We owe taxes as tax payers that money is not ours by law or else we wouldn't owe taxes.

Now if the government says instead of you paying the taxes you owe by law, we will give you a deduction if you buy a house or fix your basement or if your children goes to college and you pay, and on and on.

The government is spending money to subsidize those activities because it is just like the government collected the taxes you owe by law and then mailed out a check to you based on the value of those deductions.

Because all the government has to do is collect taxes owed. It is not obligated to give you deductions so you can buy a home or send your children to college.

To not recognize that as the government spending money and giving you a benefit that other taxpayers don't get and thus have to make up for is to be blind to reality and lost in fantasy.

I never said I don't like subsidies or deductions. I use both, but I recognize that the government is spending money to give me those deductions and they are subsidizing me when I bought a home and pay my property taxes.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Yes we get that you have to spend money, but you are still getting subsidized on that 25-35% which means the government IS SPENDING money to give that back to you.
They arent giving you a dam thing back to you..

If a Business spend $100K a year on employee health care costs.. How much do they get back? Can you tell me?
Quote:
So you are telling me the only way you can recognize that a deduction is a subsidy and the government spending is if the federal government right now collected all taxes owed and then mailed out checks for the value of those deductions?
No, a subsidy is sending money back THAT YOU DONT SEND THEM...

here, lets dumb it down so even you can comprehend..

My internet company might buy $10M a year in inventory and have $10M a year in sales..

According to YOUR argument, the fact that I have to buy that inventory and not pay taxes on it is a subsidy, meaning I'd owe about $2M a year in taxes..

Me claiming that inventory, isnt a subsidy, its a deduction.. Unless you think the government is now giving me $2M because my business has to buy things to sell.
Quote:
But if you get the same deduction where the government simply doesn't collect the taxes owed to the value of that same deduction in the earlier sentence then it is not a subsidy and the government isn't spending money?

That makes no sense.
The government ISNT SENDING YOU MONEY THAT WASNT YOURS.. Why is this difficult for you?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
You are caught up in meaningless semantics.

The taxes you owe by definition are not your money. To acknowledge that you owe anyone means the money doesn't belong to you that is the very definition of owing.

We owe taxes as tax payers that money is not ours by law or else we wouldn't owe taxes.

Now if the government says instead of you paying the taxes you owe by law, we will give you a deduction if you buy a house or fix your basement or your children goes to college and you pay, and on and on.

The government is spending money to subsidize those activities because it is just like the government collected the taxes you owe by law and then mailed out a check to do based on the value of those deductions.

Because all the government has to do is collect taxes owed. It is not obligated to give you deductions so you can buy a home or send your children to college.

To not recognize that as the government spending money and giving you a benefit that other taxpayers don't get and thus have to make up for is to be blind to reality and lost in fantasy.
Absolutely no one in the world can be this dense. at least not by accident..

taxes are obligations, but tax deductions ARE NOT SUBSIDIES..

The obligations dont become obligations until ALL EXPENSES ARE COMPUTED.. I dont owe ANYTHING until AFTER I pay my business expenses.

Its not semantics, its a fact..

I never claimed they were obligated to give a deduction, but they arent obligated to pay social security, or welfare, or even Obamacare either.. I bet you wouldnt want to do away with that, would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies