Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

This system is setup to be rife with fraud. Understated income.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I resent that. I am a citizen, am self employed, and pay for everything myself with the income I earn. Health insurance is too expensive for me and there have been many health issues I haven't addressed because while I make enough to pay my bills, I can't afford to rack up huge medical costs, and so I don't.

I am looking forward to having health insurance that is affordable. There are probably many like me who will benefit. Get off your judgemental high horse and realize that in a country where we pour millions into other countries, many of your fellow CITIZENS go without adequate health care. Just cuz you got yours, doesn't give you the right to deny others the same benefit.
I am in the same boat as you.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Quote:
I resent that. I am a citizen, am self employed, and pay for everything myself with the income I earn. Health insurance is too expensive for me and there have been many health issues I haven't addressed because while I make enough to pay my bills, I can't afford to rack up huge medical costs, and so I don't.

I am looking forward to having health insurance that is affordable. There are probably many like me who will benefit. Get off your judgemental high horse and realize that in a country where we pour millions into other countries, many of your fellow CITIZENS go without adequate health care. Just cuz you got yours, doesn't give you the right to deny others the same benefit.

If you're self employed and make a reasonable living then you're not going to get affordable coverage under this plan.

Stop drinking the friggin kool-aid!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:

Yes, the con mantra on Obamacare is terribly insulting. But it reflects their entire world view in which everyone who isn't lucky enough to have a marketable skill, good health and/or a trust fund is a lesser human. Or maybe not even human.

When they say stuff like this -- without any proof whatsoever, mind, just bloviation as if it were a fact -- I try to remember that they're very sad, bitter little people with no joy in life outside of feeling superior to their fellow citizens and ignoring, or even enjoying, the suffering of others.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
If you're self employed and make a reasonable living then you're not going to get affordable coverage under this plan.

Stop drinking the friggin kool-aid!
It is looking like it will be much more affordable for me than before ACA.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Well first off it is important to understand that when this bill was being crafted, there was this feeling that people were going to be forced off of their employer provided health insurance, to assuage those dumb fears, it was written into the law to prevent people who have employer provided health insurance from leaving unless their employer insurance costs more than 9.25% of income.

More important, your family is getting a subsidy right now for health insurance.

The subsidies in the health care act operate on the same basis that exists for government subsidies for employer provided health insurance that your family currently enjoys.

So if as a society we can't afford these subsidies for health insurance purchased in the insurance exchanges then why does any one deserve a subsidy for their employer provided insurance?

The subsidy provided by our employer comes out of its PROFITS. A subsidy provided from an Obamascare plan comes out of my TAXES.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Why? I'll tell you why. My wife and I are actually citizens, work for a living and pay into the system. None of these things are true of those who will benefit from Obamacare. None!
I am a citizen, work and pay into the system and so does my wife. Without Obamacare my son would have been dropped off my plan when he was 19. Since then, he needed two hospitalizations that would have cost me tens of thousands.

Thus, since I benefited from Obamacare and I work for a living and pay into the system, your statement is logically false.

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, the con mantra on Obamacare is terribly insulting. But it reflects their entire world view in which everyone who isn't lucky enough to have a marketable skill, good health and/or a trust fund is a lesser human. Or maybe not even human.

When they say stuff like this -- without any proof whatsoever, mind, just bloviation as if it were a fact -- I try to remember that they're very sad, bitter little people with no joy in life outside of feeling superior to their fellow citizens and ignoring, or even enjoying, the suffering of others.

Sad and bitter? It's the liberals who exepect the government to take care of them cradle to grave. That's as sad as it gets.

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is looking like it will be much more affordable for me than before ACA.
Can't be true. Rush said so.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Sad and bitter? It's the liberals who exepect the government to take care of them cradle to grave. That's as sad as it gets.
Yet you seem to expect your employer to take care of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies