Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Senate Majority Leader Reid seems to feel that lying and slander are both acceptable behaviors especially when done from the floor of the senate.
Leader Reid AKA Mr Cleanface thinks taking money from the Mob is acceptable behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
No trumped up charges were filed, he was not incarcerated without rights, or hung from a tree.

He was auditied. Should "so called" opponets of the President be given a pass in the name of freedom? Is he above the law or not required to do what every other American is because of his politics?

He was auditied, and that was that.

So you're buyin' the "coincidence" thingy?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberals have such respect for anyone who doesn't agree with them. <sarcasm> Liberals on Twitter attack Dr. Ben Carson with racial slurs.

"They gave this Negro, Ben Carson a standing ovation. Smh," said another Twitter user, while another called him the "Negro du jour."

Another person called Carson an "Oreo," comparing him to Herman Cain and former Rep. Allen West.

"Ben Carson you're the GOPs Token...Wake up," one person tweeted after calling Carson, an African-American, an "Uncle Tom."

"Ben Carson is gonna ride this 'white conservatives love THIS type of Negro' fetish all the way to the bank," another person added.

"Artur Davis is gonna fight Ben Carson back stage. There can only be one negro that conservatives love.
Ben, Herman, Allen, all great men. The one who qualifies as someone who rhymes with Roy rogers horse, is the disgusting scum who is dirtying up our White House.
With the government shutdown, the white house should be locked and evict the scum living there...

Old 10-03-2013, 02:57 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
One word for you guys: Evidence.

Familiarize yourselves with the concept.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
How do you know I had not? Do you know what I was doing last year? Do you know why I was picked?

I would like to hear it.

I don't have any more proof that my audit was politically motivated then Ben does.

You don't have any more proof that audit was not then I have that Ben's was not.

How can you tell if one was politically motivated and one was not without evidence?

It's a joke. I know it takes a certain level of intelligence to get things like humor, but I thought it was pretty obvious.
Do you feel that random audits are acceptable? Audits based on some IRS agent's gut feeling?
If you feel that these are acceptable practices then you should also feel at ease if the police began to conduct random searches of private property, search and seizers this week based on your house number ends in a 6.
The IRS must be held to the highest of standards. The IRS wields tremendous power.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:03 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So you're buyin' the "coincidence" thingy?
I can care less. They didnt kill him they audited him. Cry me a river.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Once again was it for a justifiable reason or just a random audit? I have an issue with random audits. Just as I would have an issue if the police suddenly showed up and wanted to search my home. Finances are deeply private and personal. The fed should not be able to harass people at random.
You may not like Dr. Carson or what he stands for, but you should be able to respect a persons right not to be harassed. Audits can cost the individual a lot of money to defend against.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
I feel sure it was scumbag Obama that directed the IRS to audit Dr. Carson. The bastard living in the people's white house should be impeached.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
OK, audits are no big deal.
Perfectly acceptable for the party in power to use
them as a blunt instrument on political "enemies?"

Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
“Time and time again does the pride of man influence his very own fall. While denying it, one gradually starts to believe that he is the authority, or that he possesses great moral dominion over others, yet it is spiritually unwarranted. By that point he loses steam; in result,

he falsely begins trying to prove that unwarranted dominion by seizing the role of a condemner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies