Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Lies.
No, you see the truth in what I say and will deny deny deny it.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
"Hateful choice"

You don't know anything about the relationship between mother and son. If you could think outside of your liberalspeak box mind for a moment, consider that parents are hardwired to want to see their children grow up and marry a person of the opposite sex to carry on the family.

No matter how much political correct nonsense people spew on this board that is the truth. Just because this ridiculous society is pushing this abnormal behavior as normal on us doesn't make it so.

A parent has nothing to be ashamed of for making this choice. I won't judge them, I thank God I wasn't given this challenge.
Exactly! Like the parents who disown thier kids for dating or marrying outside their race. Respect. /saecasm

Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Phooey.

There have been gay people since the beginning of time, and there are gay people in every country, nation, society and ethnic group the world over.
Doesn't make it right or normal. Don't expect everyone to think like you.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Obviously, I haven't lived your particular lifestyle in the gay world. Plenty of happy and fulfilled gay people and their families all over the world. If you are so concerned with a subset of people, maybe you should concentrate on helping them instead of using them to generalize (and demonize) an entire variant of the human species. Oh, right, because it's not concern and it doesn't stem from anything even close to caring.
As if you care. right!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, you see the truth in what I say and will deny deny deny it.
I see truth in your drivel? Now you claim to know what my perceptions are? You have no idea who I am and please stop projecting your insecurities upon me and making this personal.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
Quote:
You don't know me. I have family who are religious and their particular church teaches them that being gay is a sin. We've had discussions, but they don't spit out insults and half-truths. Tolerance is a two way street. Yeah..lol...that's what Evangelicals are known for: Tolerance /sarcasm
You're right I don't know you, and you don't know me. But you seem to be pretty radical about your sexuality, if you're gay that's all cool, your business, but I don't see why you bring it up in every single thread and conversation? What do you want from us? A cookie? You're gay? Who cares? I don't go around telling everyone that I'm straight and like black women.

The church they go to teaches it's a sin because the Bible says that it's a sin. Both testament. It's not debatable. However the Bible also says to love the sinner, Christian's have no right to attack or judge gay people. However gay people should stop trying to force Churches to support gay marriage, and stop trying to close down business because the owners are Christian and express a different opinion than the one you want to hear.

Again tolerance is a two way street and the gay community is just as pushy as some of the Christian community. Also I'm not an evangelical.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
If she was a good mother, she would love her son regardless. And by Sodomy I assume you mean anal sex, which is also practiced by some straight couples too (though the gay community does practice it far more, and it's a risky sexual act). However I still don't see why you would care, so her son likes butt sex? Who cares? It's not yours, mine, or anybody else's business.
I care about everyone's child.. maybe you don't know how evil works in this world.. satan comes to steal kill and destroy anyone... it is God's warriors who see the world as it is and see every child as precious to God.. I do care.. This mother was side swiped by something she didn't expect.. walk in her shoes.. her dreams for her son , she now sees as shattered.. sex is a powerful evil force used to steal , kill and destroy many. I wouldn't wish a gay lifestyle on anyone.. they have NO CONTROL of their lives and it is pitiful how lost they are. The gay community will shape him now .

Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Apparently to are unaware of the decades of research and findings done by dozens of institutions and organizations such as

• The American Psychiatric Association
  • The National Institute of Mental Health
  • The American Psychological Association
  • The American Anthropological Association
  • The National Association of Social Workers
  • The American Academy of Pediatrics
  • Te Institute For Sex Research at the University of Indiana
  • The Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK)
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you.

These anti-gay arguments are bogus. They represent the views of prejudiced and ignorant people.
I didn't see anything in those sources that said people were born gay. My arguments are not anti gay either, you can label it as such to make you feel better, but the reality is that their is no true consensus among psychologicalists, their is no proof that people are born gay, and yes gay activists have tremendous lobbying power and they did pressure the American Psychology Association to change their stance. Currently they stopped all studies on it because they cannot produce any results that would satisfy the gay community. Many psychologicalists did not buy into the rebrand.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
You're right I don't know you, and you don't know me. But you seem to be pretty radical about your sexuality, if you're gay that's all cool, your business, but I don't see why you bring it up in every single thread and conversation? What do you want from us? A cookie? You're gay? Who cares? I don't go around telling everyone that I'm straight and like black women.

The church they go to teaches it's a sin because the Bible says that it's a sin. Both testament. It's not debatable. However the Bible also says to love the sinner, Christian's have no right to attack or judge gay people. However gay people should stop trying to force Churches to support gay marriage, and stop trying to close down business because the owners are Christian and express a different opinion than the one you want to hear.

Again tolerance is a two way street and the gay community is just as pushy as some of the Christian community. Also I'm not an evangelical.
Um, this thread and others are about homosexuals I won't bother with the rest of your post as you've hijacked this entire thread off of the original topic.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:10 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
It's hard for me to understand how people are still holding onto such archaic and discredited opinions.

In just the past several days the US Senate unanimously conferred a Federal Judgeship on an openly gay man. Unanimous. Every Republican and every Democrat. A Federal Judgeship that had to be scrutinized by the full US Senate.

Haven't gay athletes won gold medals for the US at the Olympics? Don't gay people get elected to be mayors of big cities, members of congress, legislators in state capitals ... or chosen to be the presidents of colleges and universities? Aren't there gay people who serve in the military or work as teachers, artists, cops (like me), business administrators, architects, musicians, journalists, research scientists, cooks, truck drivers, etc.?

How can some people cling to these old tired caricatures - like someone above - thinking that all gay guys (no mention of lesbians) run off to NYC, indulge in the party scene, all all catch AIDS.

Oy vey.

What ignorant and uninformed stereotypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies