Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 10:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Jesus this woman is insane. How did she ever get that position?
Pretty sad there are enough people who think she represents them that she got elected, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
We will never know if she was insane or not. She was shot to death by the cops.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So it was a "give me my way or I'll go into a tantrum" type of thing.
No. It was panic. The cops shot her several times before she finally freed her car and took off.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Sheila Jackson Lee proudly serves the 18th district in the state of Texas - She represents the inner urban slums of Houston Texas primarily .. it's her district and her fellow nimrods elect her over and over, term after term ... Sheila Jackson Lee is a prime example of what happens when you have a constituency that consists of roughly 95% welfare recipients ...

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee | Representing the 18th District of TEXAS

Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
After watching the video of this I'm finding it hard, unlike our elected officials, to applaud the police. Seriously, what was there to be so proud of? Last I heard, they pumped ten rounds into her at point blank. Probably more than that was fired. She wasn't armed, just evading, and out come the hi caps, yessir yessir, three mags full, each. Something smells about this. Not sure what, yet. Need more information. Oh, they stopped her "rampage", for sure. No doubt she was not complying with LE orders, which is a summary death sentence these days.

Nope, ain't giving out any Kudos here, just yet. That smell won't go away....

Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I clicked on a link that someone provided pages back and it says she had post partum depression and was hospitalized. Who knows how that would make someone act? I'm not asking flippantly or rhetorically, I mean, really, does anyone know?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shots-fired-u-s-capitol-report-article-1.1475378

As for being lost...I don't know. She doesn't look like she knows where she's going in the video.

Edit: So they put their lives on the line...for free. Thanks Obama.

Quote:
The Capitol Hill cops who risked their lives chasing the woman are deemed “essential workers,” but they are currently working without pay.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:53 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Suicide by cop/s?

Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
No doubt she was a danger to the people on the road. But, the overkill by the law enforcement slays me. It only took seconds to run her plates, they had a pretty good idea what they were dealing with. She wasn't shooting at them, she was trying like hell to get away. They should have shot her tires out or thrown out strips, they didn't have to kill her in front of her kid. They could have shot her in the shoulder, they didn't have to unload on her. I'm not excusing her behavior, she was jarred up crazy for some reason. It's just that cops used to talk these people down, now they don't bother. I almost puked when I saw the senators and representatives gave them a standing O. What a bunch of wussies.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:56 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
The main problem with this particular case is, the woman does not have any prior arrests, and no actual "documented" case of mental illness (i.e. hospitalizations, etc). Also, it's a bit strange that she had her 1 year old in the car. I tend to question everything, because I believe in exercising my critical thinking skills.

Based on the footage, she was trying to flee. The question is from who, and why. If it was a simple accident, she would have stopped and screamed for help. A few people on this forum have speculated that she had drugs in the car; but keep in mind that the incident occurred at around 2:30pm. Thus far there have been no such reports of any weapons or drugs. At this point it's all speculation, but there's definitely more to the story.
We will never hear her side of the story. They made quite sure of that.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its not that hard to get from the White house to the Capitol building.
Its just a straight shot down Pennsylvania ave.
Yeah, I worked in DC over a number of years in the 70s, 90s and 2000s in various locations including by the White House and by the Capitol and never drove my car in the city. The time in the 70s they didn't even have a subway yet. That's when I also lived in DC and took a bus everywhere. I just don't believe someone puts a kid in the car and drives from Connecticut and unintentionally drives from the White House to the Capitol.

I was kidding about the love child thing, though. Who loves any of those guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies