Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,219,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I know a family who makes 8.50 an hour, only one income with 4 kids. The kids are covered but not the parents.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Hi Merlot,
I'm wondering how that's possible?

My spouse works for a corporation that has a group insurance program, and dependents are added to the policy only if she signs up for it. You mean to say parents can get their kids covered without the parent/s being covered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,631,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
If she's below the poverty level, she's supposed to enroll in Medicaid, not the exchanges. Also, for anyone reading, the link is to the notoriously untrustworthy Breitbart.com.

Also, um, why would a mother with two children not want health insurance?
Would that be the same notoriously untrustworthy Breitbart that took down ACORN, et al?

Breitbart did good. Liberals still fear him.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:36 AM

37,761 posts, read 40,866,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Would that be the same notoriously untrustworthy Breitbart that took down ACORN, et al?

Waiting for James O'Keefe to go undercover and do an Obamacare expose.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:57 AM

408 posts, read 392,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Isn't he still pending trial for that voter fraud case in New Hampshire?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 AM

408 posts, read 392,411 times
Quote:
Breitbart had nothing to do with the spurious charges against ACORN, which were eventually proven to have been nothing more than fabrications and creative editing by Mr. O'Keefe.

Quote:
Breitbart did good.
Breitbart had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Liberals still fear him.
What, a drunk who didn't take care with his health and died young? Nothing to fear there.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,849,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Quote:

My God, you two and others like you on this board would deny that the sky is blue if Fox News told youse the sky was pink

Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,155,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Anyone between 100%-400% of the poverty level will receive a tax credit. That means ~$46,000 for a single person, or ~$94,000 for a family of four. If a person/family choices to buy their coverage through the exchange, then our gov't can send the credit directly to the insurance company to avoid the upfront costs. The goal is to keep insurance between 3-4% of income, as opposed to bankrupting the country when the Baby Boomers retire.
Definition of Tax Credit -

When you file your taxes, you can take a credit of $xxxx.xx. Till then the money you can barely afford to live on, must now pay for your health insurance.

If you get on the exchange, the cost not covered STILL comes out of your pocket.. I

Old 10-05-2013, 05:30 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,849,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Definition of Tax Credit -

When you file your taxes, you can take a credit of $xxxx.xx. Till then the money you can barely afford to live on, must now pay for your health insurance.

If you get on the exchange, the cost not covered STILL comes out of your pocket.. I
We could have had something better, and the Democrats did, but you neo-Confederates had to throw a wrench in the whole plan, so don't complain

Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 AM

5,720 posts, read 3,230,569 times
She might be the wrong skin color too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A single mother of two said [on the official Obamacare Facebook page] she is in school and working full-time while living "75% below the poverty level." She said she was shocked to learn she did not qualify for a healthcare subsidy. "Are you F'ing kidding me????" she wrote on the government's Obamacare Facebook page. "Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this 'bronze' health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening," she wrote.

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,358,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
If she's below the poverty level, she's supposed to enroll in Medicaid, not the exchanges. Also, for anyone reading, the link is to the notoriously untrustworthy Breitbart.com.

Also, um, why would a mother with two children not want health insurance?

I'm taking this to mean she's in school and paying for school, and after paying for school she is living below the poverty line, i.e. her income is above the poverty line yet due to school expenses her standard of living is below the poverty line.

These are supposedly quotes taken verbatim and cherrypicked from comments posted on the Obamacare FB page.

Also I presume her kids are covered by SCHIP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies