Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
You must have missed all the Hispanic-Americans who already speak English and who have lived here -- in many cases -- for generations. They're Catholic and they're very family-oriented, but they're not voting en masse for the GOP. And they're not likely to.

My Hispanic wife is absolutely dumbfounded at how the GOP has managed to squander the support of an entire ethnic group that by all rights, should be a huge block constituency for them. Somehow, the GOP has managed to discomfit them and run them off -- whereupon the Democrats were all too happy to have them.

You can go right on believing that Hispanics are going to magically start voting for the GOP "once they master the English language." Fact is, there are plenty here already who speak it just fine and who don't want anything to do with y'all.

Your claim, *your* homework. Post it yourself.
The most interesting thing about the Latin-American vote to me is how Latinos deserted the Republican party after George Bush. Bush used more Latinos in his administration than any other President I can think of.

The GOP can get 'em, but other than the Cuban-Americans, can't seem to keep them very long.

Dose the Latino hostility of the GOP base have something to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
The only reason the GOP would be growing is because the Democrat Party is such an unmitigated disaster for our economy, for the working class, and for the nation.

It's truly sad that the GOP has been hijacked to be just another Big Government Party that panders to repressive religious reactionaries.

I guess having a political party that actually represents the working American who PAYS for everything is too much to ask.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:50 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah, the number of taxpayers is shrinking while the welfare class is growing by leaps and bounds. That is good for the democrats of course to have everyone on food stamps and Medicaid so they'll get votes.
Perhaps if republicans would allow abortions then the welfare class would not be growing by leaps and bounds. But no, we have women getting pregnant when they can't afford a child....and guess what? They go on welfare And you're blaming democrats for those on welfare lol

Old 10-05-2013, 10:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Perhaps if republicans would allow abortions then the welfare class would not be growing by leaps and bounds. But no, we have women getting pregnant when they can't afford a child....and guess what? They go on welfare And you're blaming democrats for those on welfare lol
Why do you think I am proist of choices....fewer democrats.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Why do you think I am proist of choices....fewer democrats.
What?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
What?
I am soo pro choice, just for this one reason, liberal women are more likey to get abortions, their for fewer liberals. that is why I am pro choice.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I am soo pro choice, just for this one reason, liberal women are more likey to get abortions, their for fewer liberals. that is why I am pro choice.
So you being so intelligent and all, are you saying that people are born with a political belief You can't possibly believe that.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
So you being so intelligent and all, are you saying that people are born with a political belief You can't possibly believe that.
Are you telling people and their political belief are not influence by their parents? think before you type kiddo.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Secret meetings. If Obama and co finds out they'll send the IRS after them.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Are you telling people and their political belief are not influence by their parents? think before you type kiddo.
Were you because I was not influenced by my parents at all. Sorry for you if you didn't have your own belief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies