Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM

510 posts, read 430,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
So there's an intermittent discussion happening on another thread, and that discussion's about whether or not support for the GOP is growing among any particular demographic groups.

Let's separate out that discussion, and let's give it some actual fact-based consideration. Are there any demographic groups that are shifting their support toward the GOP, or are conservatives who make that claim just whistling past the graveyard?

I'm sure everyone has their opinions and beliefs on the subject, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm interested in what can be *demonstrated* and *proven,* hopefully with empirical data and ideally that includes links to crosstabs and methodology.

Please bear in mind that "growing" in this context means 'increase in percentage terms.' A given demographic might be increasing in size, but that doesn't mean that an increasing *percentage* of that demographic group is shifting towards supporting the GOP.
Every time someone gets a non-government job or turns 35 the GOP's potential demographic grows.

Of course the youngest, stupidest, and most dependent members of society will vote Dem, yet in a healthy country logic dictates that these people will not be the growth demographic forever.

...Hence why it's so important for the Dems to destroy the economy and middle class(while blaming this entirely on the token Rep's who control "one-half of one-third of the government") and cause maximum social chaos via cultural warfare and mass immigration.

A.K.A: CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
are harry reid and nancy peolsi the democratic party? To my count, they are two of millions.
Pelosi and Reid are Democrats - yes.

The Democrat party is mostly white, just like them.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Democratic party. You may wish to learn this.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Democratic party. You may wish to learn this.
There is nothing democratic about the Democrat Party, and it is made up of Democrats.

Harrier stands by the use of the term.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:

You have no demographics as to all the governmental seats held nation wide. Do you?

You are guessing with no real proof.

Guestamates say there are around 500K elected officials...now tell me what percentage of those are democrats and their racial makeup.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 PM

408 posts, read 393,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Every time someone gets a non-government job or turns 35 the GOP's potential demographic grows.
Thanks for joining in, but once again, I'm looking for *evidence* to support the assertions and claims being made on this thread. The simple venting of partisan orthodoxy is something you can get on just about any other thread in this section, so I'm asking for more than just 'what do you think?'

I'm asking for 'what can you demonstrate, prove or provide some sort of fact-based support for?'

Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM

408 posts, read 393,299 times
Quote:
There is nothing democratic about the Democrat Party, and it is made up of Democrats.

Harrier stands by the use of the term.
Please stay on topic.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Default Demographically speaking, is the GOP's support growing *anywhere?*

In short, possibly.

The R party of Wisconsin, with a majority of legislators in the state and with a R governor redistricted the entire state, to their liking. Some people call it gerrymandering, but when democrats are of the majority in states, they basically do the same thing.

Redistricting is evil depending on another person's point of view.

This is a op-ed piece from a Milwaukee Newspaper. It's merely an opinion and could be construed as fact or fiction, again, depending upon who is reading it.

Our View | On, Wisconsin - Redistricting effort gains supporters, deserves hearing

This is fact:
Quote:
Republicans controlled all of Wisconsin's government in 2011, and they used their power to draw lines that were greatly beneficial to their party.
Read more from Journal Sentinel: Federal panel opens GOP computers in Wisconsin redistricting case
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

However, redistricting did not have much of a effect upon the presidential election because Obama was reelected. It did have some implications in the state though.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:08 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Work. Work where? the scooter store closed.
the liberal hatred of whites and the elderly continues.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:09 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
Thanks for joining in, but once again, I'm looking for *evidence* to support the assertions and claims being made on this thread. The simple venting of partisan orthodoxy is something you can get on just about any other thread in this section, so I'm asking for more than just 'what do you think?'

I'm asking for 'what can you demonstrate, prove or provide some sort of fact-based support for?'
There is no evidence, and no sign of meaningful growth. Gerrymandering is actually harming the GOP, as w/o it, they would lose the House and the sane, moderate GOP members would retake the reins from the asylum members on the radical right.

Gerrymandering is delaying the inevitable day of reckoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies