Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I guess my question should have been: why are so many right wing crazy nut job whackos so concerned with transgendered people, people that they seemingly loathe but can't ignore? For example, I don't like ignoramus idiots. So I don't start threads asking about them.
If you can't see the newsworthiness of this story, the problem is yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
In my own lifetime I have known more than one gay or bisexual kid who was disowned by his or her parents.

It's unconscionable.
They should have just aborted it. That would have made it all A-OK.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Sad. The problem is that these people need mental help, not getting their sex organs mutilated. Suicide is not the answer, ever.

But for some reason the gay community is against them receiving help.
Why do people commonly consider this practice "humane" when discussing other animals?
What does the gay community have to do with euthanasia or transgender surgery?

Old 10-06-2013, 09:07 AM

91 posts, read 402,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Seriously? Is that how they do it in the US? A person can just walk into a doctor's office and say " I want to change genders!" and the doc says "Sure, no problem. When would you like to do it?"
I highly doubt that.

You're right they have to go through like so long of psychology or whatever sessions for like a year or more i think.

But in all honesty, I think most if not all psychologists know that these people are mentally ill. However, they like having the steady income from these people. And they don't want to get "sued" by telling the patient they are crazy and that they can't have the surgery done. So they just rake in the cash, and then say "OK", and then after the surgery the person is still mentally ill, and they get repeat business from the same person.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Why do people commonly consider this practice "humane" when discussing other animals?
What does the gay community have to do with euthanasia or transgender surgery?
Human beings are above animals, a human life is worth more. If a human and a dog were drowning and I could only save one I would save the human. Only a far left loon thinks animals and humans are equal.

The gay community and their activists don't believe in transgender people receiving mental health because they believe that people are born that way and that it's a perfectly normal behavior, and to suggest that such individuals receive mental help makes you a homophobe in their eyes.

They share the blame along with his parents for causing him to become the way that he was. I believe all transgendered and gay people have gone through something similar or something happened to make them that way. Even if they don't want to admit it, it's a mental health issue.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Human beings are above animals, a human life is worth more. If a human and a dog were drowning and I could only save one I would save the human. Only a far left loon thinks animals and humans are equal.

The gay community and their activists don't believe in transgender people receiving mental health because they believe that people are born that way and that it's a perfectly normal behavior, and to suggest that such individuals receive mental help makes you a homophobe in their eyes.

They share the blame along with his parents for causing him to become the way that he was. I believe all transgendered and gay people have gone through something similar or something happened to make them that way. Even if they don't want to admit it, it's a mental health issue.
US code considers humans as animals. Animals are just a very broadly labelled group. It's a legal definition.
7 USC § 136 - Definitions | Title 7 - Agriculture | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute
Can also refer to science.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal
Beware that word (homo)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo

As to being equal, I did not see such a claim. However, your term equal is extremely broad and undefined. Equality needs to be in relation to something else.

More valuable in what way? Do you think humans would do well in a system with only themselves?

So life quality doesn't come into the discussion? Free will?

You seem to be over generalizing in your judgements.

Last edited by CDusr; 10-06-2013 at 09:43 AM..

Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So, euthanasia was the only possible outcome?! Its a sick society that allows a 40 year old to kill themselves in this fashion.
It was the outcome chosen by the patient. All other things being equal, it beats him emptying a bottle of pills or jumping in front of a train.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If you can't see the newsworthiness of this story, the problem is yours.
What I can't see is why a bunch of conservatives are always so interested in what transgender people are up to. I see the newsworthiness of this, I don't get the rights' interest in everything transgender.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Intriguing. I see this as a major mental health issue. But, she/he felt like a freak. Death wanted, and given. Government sanction of death to transsexuals...isn't that something Germany did years ago? With older people, people with disabilities, terminal illnesses...anyone Jewish...just a slipperly slope here...

Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,185 times
It's ironic how liberals make the claim that conservatives hate transgendered and Gays, but yet you are the ones supporting the killing of such people in this very thread through "euthanasia " and we are the ones who are against it and want them to live and receive help.

Where does this Liberal "Logic" come from? Supporting the killing of people doesn't sound like you love them to me. It sounds like something a Nazi would do. What's next? Supporting the euthanasia of poor people and the elderly who don't want to live anymore because they feel they are a "burden "on society? You should be against suicide, you should be trying to help people.

The modern day liberal is a scary thing indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies