Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:23 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We on the left can complain about gerrymandering and the need to end it, many of us were against it even when Democrats used it to their advantage.
I would argue the claim that "many of us were against it". A few, I would agree with, Many, no way.

If "many" disagreed the same dems would NOT have been re-elected over and over.

Heck, some of them are STILL in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but the number of Tea Party types in Congress dropped (by about 6%) in the last election.

And record-low favorablity ratings for the Tea Party don't bode well for them in the 2014 election.

"...The unfavorable numbers for the tea party movement are also at an all-time high in CNN surveys.

Thirty-one percent say they see the tea party in a favorable light, while 54% hold an unfavorable view of the of the movement now in its fifth year..."

Congress, tea party hit all-time low in CNN polling - CNN.com

Ken
I am truly shocked to read you write, ".The unfavorable numbers for the tea party movement are also at an all-time high in CNN surveys."

CNN
, enough said.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I would argue the claim that "many of us were against it". A few, I would agree with, Many, no way.

If "many" disagreed the same dems would NOT have been re-elected over and over.

Heck, some of them are STILL in office.
I would still say many were against it, maybe not majority, but many. Also gerrymandering isn't always a deal breaker for people when their politicians are winning.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
I am truly shocked to read you write, ".The unfavorable numbers for the tea party movement are also at an all-time high in CNN surveys."

CNN
, enough said.
Again with the "the mainstream news media is fudging the poll data" nonsense.
How'd that theory work out for you in the last election?
Don't you folks EVER learn?

Ken

Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
When people see that jobs and workers' hours lost due to the (Un)ACA is exactly what Democrats have in mind for America, it's a red flag for conservative voters. That said, liberals stand to lose more in 2014, maybe more so than in 2010. I see conservatives keeping the House and winning the Senate this next year. So much for the leftists' pipe dream of a "fundamentally transformed" America.
Agreed. When Reagan won in 1980 word was many Dems voted for him over who the Dem POTUS candidate was. Bush 43 def pissed off a LOT of people and McCain scared me too much with Palin as his running mate which had me vote for Obama in 2008 and I'm a Repub. 2012 had me voting for Romney tho.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

CNN
, enough said.

Take that same survey on FOX and see if the numbers change.
With FOX and its higher viewership, we should see the same results, right?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. When Reagan won in 1980 word was many Dems voted for him over who the Dem POTUS candidate was.

Sounds like Ron Paul, who was a big Reagan adviser.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default Republicans on verge of losing the House

Not really the verge.

The election is almost 13 months in the future. Time for a lot to transpire that can cause the political breeze to shift directions.

But IF the GOP house drives the nation into default and the economic chaos to follow, they'll be done for a decade, at least. And have a hard time recovering even after that.

Which is why I feel confident that they won't default. But I've been wrong before.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Take that same survey on FOX and see if the numbers change.
With FOX and its higher viewership, we should see the same results, right?
And we DO see pretty much the same results:

In the latest FOX News poll, GOP popularity has fallen to just 35% favorable and 59% unfavorable - their lowest favorabilty in the history of the FOX News poll.

Democratic party favorablity is at 44% favorable and 49% unfavorable.

Obamas popularity is at 45% unfavorable and 49% unfavorable.

Read it and weep:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...rove-congress/

Ken

Old 10-10-2013, 11:42 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And we DO see pretty much the same results:

In the latest FOX News poll, GOP popularity has fallen to just 35% favorable and 59% unfavorable - their lowest favorabilty in the history of the FOX News poll.

Democratic party favorablity is at 44% favorable and 49% unfavorable.

Obamas popularity is at 45% unfavorable and 49% unfavorable.

Read it and weep:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...rove-congress/

Ken
Patiently awaiting topic change from Bent Bow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies