Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 12:21 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
So Tom, his wife and two kids will have to pay 2,500$ per person extra and will receive some additional coverage.

It goes without saying - that's definitely a bummer. But there are 16 million people in Tom's situation, compared to 40 million who will be greatly helped by Obamacare.

All things considered, it seems like a good deal.

Tom's reaction

and

Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I have a hard time imagining that people didn't know the prices would suck.
These "sticker shock" stories sound far-fetched to me.

THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS NOW. THIS WILL ALL COST US MORE MONEY.
THIS WILL NOT MAKE HEALTHCARE MORE AFFORDABLE.

Some of us will be hit twice - more taxes and higher costs.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 AM

408 posts, read 607,471 times
Man, I knew individualism was strong in the USA, but....

engineers will have to work 2-3 more weeks out of the year to reach whatever 6-figure salary suits their lifestyles, and in exchange society's most vulnerable citizens will receive proper healthcare when needed.

And people are calling this a train wreck? I expected dim-witted tea-party supporters not to understand the implications, but the response from comfortable middle-class families is a little sickening tbh.

a nation built on Christian values, my ass.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:

engineers will have to work 2-3 more weeks out of the year to reach whatever 6-figure salary suits their lifestyles, and in exchange society's most vulnerable citizens will receive proper healthcare when needed.

And people are calling this a train wreck? I expected dim-witted tea-party supporters not to understand the implications, but the response from comfortable middle-class families is a little sickening tbh.

Ya got that right!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:45 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:

are you referring to worthless do nothing parasites?

Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,555 times
Quote:
Tom is an engineer, I am not particularly worried about the impact this will have on his family.
Obviously HE is

LOL

"Other peoples money" right?

And you imply conservatives are heartless

Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 AM

88,998 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
CLICK -> Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area - San Jose Mercury News

Cindy Vinson
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

Tom Waschura
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."
Who did they think was going to pay for it? Really?

They clearly didn't think it through.

From reading the comments, seems many are finally waking up to reality and finding out they've been bamboozled by Obama and the Dems.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:59 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well what did they think was going to happen?

All those people who were too poor to afford health care or insurance suddenly now get unlimited health care that costs them next to nothing. Someone has to pay.
Somehow, leftists and their brainwashed 20 and 30-something tagalongs are too stupid to get that.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
I don't understand people who are buying health insurance *now*. They should still be comparing plans and gathering as much information as possible to make the very best decision they can for themselves.

That said, anyone who thought that all participants would be thrilled with the cost of the plan they choose is crazy. The article included people who were disappointed as well as those who were thrilled. That's the way it's going to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies