Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,955,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is NOT healthcare, it's healthcare insurance. If Obamacare can't handle something as simple as a website how in the hell can they handle the rest.
We tried to tell the True Believers who worship at the Altar of Congress, that government is incompetent, incapable, inefficient, and incredible (has no crediblity).

I mean, seriously, THE PEOPLE who bright us the IRS, NSA, CIA, and a couple hundred thousand alphabet soup agencies have PROVEN how they run stuff. 200+ years of OUR history alone, plus all of recorded history shows that only tyranny and pain come from authoritarian governments.

But, that's ok, because they HAVE FAITH that "this time, it will be different".

You can't reason with people who have no reason, no mind, no integrity, and no capacity to think.

If you'd like to see what kind of people liberals are, google "why battered women stay with violent husbands". They stay with wanting more government, no matter WHAT the facts show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
very true, both pay healthcare providers for those ten dollar band-aides and twenty dollar asprin. The reason providers charge that is because they are covering for the healthcare of the uninsured. The people who are paying for insurance are charged more for their premiums. That whole system is nothing but a scam. Taxpayers and those buying their own insurance have been covering for the uninsured for years and it is not sustainable. So i'm not really sure what the fuss about the ACA is. At least now the uninsured can actually pay some into a system instead of paying nothing for their medical needs going to the ER.
Actually neither government or insurance companies pay those rates. Medicare, by law, pays the true cost of service, which includes overhead and the boated salaries of non medical senior management. Insurance companies pay more.

It's the self pay, uninsured that are billed at each hospital's Charge master rate.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:39 PM

577 posts, read 510,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Then get together with your civilized friends, create a tax-free fund and PAY FOR IT. You don't need laws, politicians, or acrimony. Heck, I might even give you a buck now and then.
The problem with that is that those who don't contribute will benefit from those that do not. The ACA is not a free program for those that sign up. I want people that don't have insurance and that are currently using hospital ER's for their health care on my taxpayer dime to sign up for ACA insurance and start paying like I do. The way I see it, the ACA is forcing people to be more responsible for their healthcare. I know too many people that can afford to get insurance, but don't and use the ER like it's their person free healthcare. For those that don't like the ACA because it's the "government" mandating it, well so be it. If you can opt out individually and you have a wreck or accident, then that in my mind is just another person I'm paying for to get treated at a hospital.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 PM

408 posts, read 392,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's because you're not paying attention to the many, many conservative ideas.
During the 41 votes to repeal the ACA in part or in full, what specific conservative ideas were advanced as alternatives, please?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
The problem with that is that those who don't contribute will benefit from those that do not.
What the bloody hell do you think all the subsidies and the "can't reject for pre-existing conditions" nonsense is for?

To make the paying cover the rest.

What on EARTH are you complaining about? You're demanding a system designed to do precisely what you're bitching at me about. It seems you want to gripe about freeloaders when it's YOUR money, and get all generous and naive when it's MINE.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:43 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
How about you answer my response, in context?

I know you can. I also know that any defense of what you want is indefensible. You simply cannot defend robbing others as a charitable act.
I am fundamentally opposed to the ACA, but my main complaint is not the taxes. I pay higher taxes so married people, people with kids, and people with million dollar homes can pay lower taxes. I would much rather spend tax money on Americans than wealthy military contractors and oversea operations though.

I know, I know, living in a country that works for citizens is a horrible thing.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Meowt View Post
During the 41 votes to repeal the ACA in part or in full, what specific conservative ideas were advanced as alternatives, please?
Actually, in terms of legislation... there were literally scores of comprehensive programs introduced, either as substitutes for sections, or substitutes entirely.

Not one was considered by ANY democrat, nor was any debate ever allowed.

You, as Democrats, own this monster, and you should be shackled to it when it's drowned in the Mariana Trench.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I am fundamentally opposed to the ACA, but my main complaint is not the taxes. I pay higher taxes so married people, people with kids, and people with million dollar homes can pay lower taxes. I would much rather spend tax money on Americans than wealthy military contractors and oversea operations though.

I know, I know, living in a country that works for citizens is a horrible thing.
Nice. But that doesn't in any way address my comments in context.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

There is ONLY one purpose for any country to exist, which to defend the individual rights and freedoms from encroachment, or from compulsion by any group or majority or minority.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM

577 posts, read 510,796 times
Quote:
What the bloody hell do you think all the subsidies and the "can't reject for pre-existing conditions" nonsense is for?

To make the paying cover the rest.

What on EARTH are you complaining about? You're demanding a system designed to do precisely what you're bitching at me about. It seems you want to gripe about freeloaders when it's YOUR money, and get all generous and naive when it's MINE.

So what are the uninsured paying currently when they have medical treatment.....Zero!
If they get on a subsidized plan at least they are paying some kind of monthly premium instead of the current nothing. I'm saying it's better going with the ACA than against it in my opinion, in terms of the alternative of even higher premiums and higher hospital tax district rates. That may not hold true for all people in the country, not all areas have special tax districts like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies