Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
yes we can, is only 60 billion that is peanuts, plus with all the vets out of work, this would be get for them. and a get use of their training, and will to defend this nation.
Strange how Cons talk about smaller government and less spending then advocate spending Billions on a wall and God knows how much to run, man and upkeep it. I guees you are only for less spending on the other guys stuff. You know it would be afr cheaper and easier simply arresting those that hire illegals, once they are out of the picture the illegal problem is solved. Oh, walls do not hold people out or in and you seem to forget how long our coast line is.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Fair enough, but be that as it may how do you propose we build this wall? Dimensions? Cost of the contract to the company who will build it? What about defending it from attack and opposition while it's being constructed? How will we determine who gets to pass in and out of the southern border?

There's a lot more that goes into these sort of things than just "well this that and the other and because I sound like I know what I'm talking about you have to listen to me" I hope you realize.
Triple layer, with a paved road between the 2 layers with would be 50ft across each with roving patrols 24/7, the fence 30 ft high with razor wire on top of each layer of fencing starting in San Diego and ending in Brownsville.. motion sensors and seismic senors, UAV flying a 500 mile loop. some general ideas.

General cost about 60 billion to build 50 million to man, and 10 million in up keep.

It it is attacked, since it is on the American side of the border, not on the border its self it will be seen an act of war again the American people and will responded in such with the full force of the American Air Force.

Those will official businesses and commerce, those who wish to get a visa will have to buy a bond, if they do not return to mexico(or any other nation for that matter) said bond will be used for for their arrest via a fugitive recovery agent..

Old 10-08-2013, 02:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
unmanned drones and manned patrol about 50 million a year, which is still cheaper then illegal immigration.
Well that is cheap, I wonder where you get your "facts" from?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
background checks, magazine limits, "assault weapon bans" they have not worked, and will never work, criminals dont obey the law.
Nobody ever said criminals obey the law, that's not the idea behind these laws

Old 10-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yes it is, it is also funny that soo many blacks and Hispanics see them as the party of freedom, instead of the party of chains..

I mean how do you vote for a party that fought to enslave blacks if you are black, that is like a jew voting for a modern day Nazi party...
Read Andywire's post just before yours and you'll see one of the reasons black people aren't flocking to the Republicans. Try not trivializing slavery

Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange how Cons talk about smaller government and less spending then advocate spending Billions on a wall and God knows how much to run, man and upkeep it. I guees you are only for less spending on the other guys stuff. You know it would be afr cheaper and easier simply arresting those that hire illegals, once they are out of the picture the illegal problem is solved. Oh, walls do not hold people out or in and you seem to forget how long our coast line is.
it is a well defined power of government to protect the nation, and to insure domestic tranquility. both the federal government has failed in large part to illegal immigration.

And spending 60 bill once, as oppose to 120 to 200 billion a year is a great deal..

I am for E verify as well we save money, stop illegal immigration (at least 98% of it) so sorry if you cant understand the value

Old 10-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The modern democrat party is STILL the same racist party. They believe AA's are inferior, and require the government's help at every turn. They believe AA's simple can't compete with other races, which is why they promote affirmative action, preferential hiring practices for minorities, etc. And if that doesn't do the trick, then they should be given a wealth transfer, preferably from Caucasians.

And it's pretty hard to ignore the liberal genocide that's well underway. Planned parenthood is nothing more than a systematic slaughter of minority fetuses. AA's aren't even reproducing at replacement levels because of the liberal agenda.

New age, same party, same bigoted philosophy.
We're the ones who think African Americans are inferior? Are you ****ing kidding me? That coming from the side that seriously contends that black people are too dumb to vote?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Read Andywire's post just before yours and you'll see one of the reasons black people aren't flocking to the Republicans. Try not trivializing slavery
how so? I am not trivializing it, I am point out the fact they have traded one for of slavery with another...that is a fact..and it is sad they dont see this...

Old 10-08-2013, 02:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Triple layer, with a paved road between the 2 layers with would be 50ft across each with roving patrols 24/7, the fence 30 ft high with razor wire on top of each layer of fencing starting in San Diego and ending in Brownsville.. motion sensors and seismic senors, UAV flying a 500 mile loop. some general ideas.

General cost about 60 billion to build 50 million to man, and 10 million in up keep.

It it is attacked, since it is on the American side of the border, not on the border its self it will be seen an act of war again the American people and will responded in such with the full force of the American Air Force.

Those will official businesses and commerce, those who wish to get a visa will have to buy a bond, if they do not return to mexico(or any other nation for that matter) said bond will be used for for their arrest via a fugitive recovery agent..
Where are you getting your data from? How are you coming to the conclusion that it's going to cost 60 billion to build and 50 million to man? Sources? Links? Evidence? Who will take on such a job?

The wall didn't work in Germany. The wall won't work in America. It's never going to happen so why are you so obsessed with me? And do NOT speak for the Veterans of the military. A lot of them (like myself) are making a living in other industries and facets of life. We do NOT want to go back to the military lifestyle that we chose to or were forced to leave, buddy.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
it is a well defined power of government to protect the nation, and to insure domestic tranquility. both the federal government has failed in large part to illegal immigration.

And spending 60 bill once, as oppose to 120 to 200 billion a year is a great deal..

I am for E verify as well we save money, stop illegal immigration (at least 98% of it) so sorry if you cant understand the value
Where do your numbers come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies