Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

Care to name them? Thinkprogress, alternet, salon, huffpo, atlprogressivenews, commondreams? Plenty more. It is simple. You bring a lopsided source, it will be exposed for what it is. Don't be ashamed of your sources.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've read on this forum many times about how nobody watches MSNBC (and how much better FOXNews is). Now I'm reading that MSNBC is THE source of where us lefties get our news.

Which is it - unwatched and irrelevant, or THE major source of news and influence for a large part of the citizenry?

Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Can't address the topic, and interview on MSNBC, then spin, spin, spin. Bet none of you actually watched the interview. We are talking about the interviewer and the interviewee. Neither of which were on Fox.

Big fat f..k..g fail.
It's usually works out that way. They see a replay of some stupid lefty brohaha on Fox and blame Fox.

Lefties can't sort out 2+2 and come up with 4. Sad.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Care to name them? Thinkprogress, alternet, salon, huffpo, atlprogressivenews, commondreams? Plenty more. It is simple. You bring a lopsided source, it will be exposed for what it is. Don't be ashamed of your sources.
Do I care to name what? I don't understand what your post here ^ has to do with the post of mine that you quoted.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Can't address the topic, and interview on MSNBC, then spin, spin, spin. Bet none of you actually watched the interview. We are talking about the interviewer and the interviewee. Neither of which were on Fox.

Big fat f..k..g fail.
It's what the left does when faced with the truth, they deflect, ridicule, insult and try to destroy their opponents on a personal level.

I don't understand it, it's as if admitting MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell had her clock cleaned, or that Obama is wrong on the personal mandate, would be a poor reflection on themselves. So anyone attacking Andrea or Obama is seen as an attack on the dems in this forum too.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
ok, just read the first page of posts. watched the video....

here is what i got from it.

Andrea Mitchell is shilling for the president, got schooled by a republican member of congress and that means that Fox news is a dirtbag organization that needs to be disbanded.

LOLOLOLOL... if nothing else you liberals are good for a laugh.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The stupidity of people like Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC, where the Left get their news, is made plain, when Sean Duffy schools her on air. Priceless.

And these people claim that this is "real news!" You never see this kind of blatant stupidity and journalistic malpractice on Fox.

DUDE! Rep. Sean Duffy SCHOOLS Andrea Mitchell on fairness under Obamacare, even throws Jon Stewart in her face » The Right Scoop -
Liberals get their news from a wide range of sources, think about the information and then formulate solutions to address problems in the real world. Conservatives seek out conservatively biased news to reinforce their bias and continue to think that tax cuts and deregulation will solve any problem.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
One of the biggest problems in a discussion like this is the totally false definition from those on the right as to what "Left" is in the first place. Having watched this whole schmozzel develop over a number of years I clearly see that to an extreme conservative, a leftist is anyone who disagrees with any of the extreme rightist ideas. This includes disagreeing with the most insane and stupid ideas. If you fail to approve of regressive and reactionary policies then you my friend are a leftist, a communist, a parasite and all kinds of other completely inaccurate and wrong labels.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Liberals get their news from a wide range of sources, think about the information and then formulate solutions to address problems in the real world. Conservatives seek out conservatively biased news to reinforce their bias and continue to think that tax cuts and deregulation will solve any problem.
getting your news from 14 george soros funded outlets is not a wide range of sources.

I am a conservative. I get my news from Fox, CNN, CBS ABC, Bloomberg, NYT, Dallas News, Time Mag.

I also read HuffPo, and National review and any number of blogs and I see what people think here on C-D.

your myopic post above is about as objective as Think Progress.....

Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
One of the biggest problems in a discussion like this is the totally false definition from those on the right as to what "Left" is in the first place. Having watched this whole schmozzel develop over a number of years I clearly see that to an extreme conservative, a leftist is anyone who disagrees with any of the extreme rightist ideas. This includes disagreeing with the most insane and stupid ideas. If you fail to approve of regressive and reactionary policies then you my friend are a leftist, a communist, a parasite and all kinds of other completely inaccurate and wrong labels.
Yea, us conservatives have real radical ideas.

We think it is a serious problem for the government to force individuals for the first time in history to purchase a product.

We think it is a serious problem for America to go from a national debt of just below 10 trillion Dollars to right at 17 trillion dollars IN FIVE FREAKING YEARS.

We conservatives are just really wild eyed and radical in our etreme views.....

YOUR problem is you wont be honest about what the problem is.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
"Journalistic malpractice - where the Left get their news"

If Katie Curic were to ask any of my correct wing friends where do we get our news we would be able to name the following sources:

(short list)

National Public Radio
Public Broadcast Service
The British Broad Cast Network
CNN
The Economist
Foreign Policy
the Associated Press
Reuters
McClatchy News Service
Politico
Al Jazeera
The National Review
The Wall Street Journal
Forbes
The Economist
Der Spiegal
The New Yorker
Atlantic Monthly
Mother Jones
Time
Newsweek
The Guardian (UK)
The Independent (UK)
Bloomberg

And a host of news aggregators and online magazines like Salon and Slate.com

I will also read any right wing screed just to see what the crazies are up to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies