Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The left has been told by famous stupids, that they are the smart ones.

Being stupid, they believe it.

It has gone on for several generations now, yet they still haven't faced reality.
Being Stupid is assuming others believe what talking heads are saying, you know like believing Rush, Hannity, Beck and Coulter are actually sources of information and truth.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Says the parroting Bot.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The stupidity of people like Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC, where the Left get their news, is made plain, when Sean Duffy schools her on air. Priceless.

And these people claim that this is "real news!" You never see this kind of blatant stupidity and journalistic malpractice on Fox.

DUDE! Rep. Sean Duffy SCHOOLS Andrea Mitchell on fairness under Obamacare, even throws Jon Stewart in her face » The Right Scoop -
A declaration that someone "got schooled" is just your subjective opinion. An opinion that is hopelessly biased by your obvious political agenda.

However, the blatant lies and false reporting by Fox News are a matter of objective fact. Reports like the President and First Lady sharing a "terrorist fist bump", the building of FEMA camps, forged birth certificates or the recent fake story about Obama funding a Muslim museum out of his own pocket are lies that many right wingers will now recite as the truth for years to come.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Says the parroting Bot.
Keep rambling, sooner or later you will have something rational to add to the discussion, my bet is Later, waaaaaaaaay later.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 10-09-2013 at 11:49 AM..

Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by nononsenseguy

You never see this kind of blatant stupidity
and journalistic malpractice on Fox.
Fox News airs fake story claiming Obama is funding Muslim museum

Read more: Fox News airs fake story claiming Obama is funding Muslim museum

Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Well, what news outlet one recieves i formation from is quite secondary to ones personal opinion on a subject. You just have to try and get past the bias of the commentator, dismissing their opinions and forming your own. You may or may not agree with the person reporting when they offer commentary, so, just tune out the diatribe and run with the facts.

I usually watch FOX for news. I just find their reporters and commentators easier to watch and listen to. Their female staff is also quite pleasant to view, and why not get some eye candy with my daily events breakdown? Unimportant stuff, like the Obama funding a Muslim museum, I don't even bother with. I would far ratber watch and listen to Megyn Kelly, Dana Perino, Jane Skinner or Catberine Herrige than Chris Mathews as well. So...there ya go.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I tend to agree. I don't understand why people watch these stations. I have never seen MSNBC, and the only time I watched Fox was during Hurricane Katrina, at the suggestion of my mother, since Shepard Smith (sic?) was doing such a good job of reporting. It puzzles me why 'the left' herein tend to watch Fox, while 'the right' tend to watch MSNBC, and then come on here and complain about the slanting of the news on said stations.

You nailed it. ^

I am an independent and doom myself to watching it all.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:46 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Yea, us conservatives have real radical ideas.
Yes they do. The GOP is the party of stupid ideas.

Quote:
We think it is a serious problem for the government to force individuals for the first time in history to purchase a product.
Conservatives have no problem with forcing people to buy houses, get married, or having kids. The tax code gives you a tax break for getting married, buying a house, having kids, and now buying insurance. Besides, the individual mandate is one the most reasonable parts of Obamacare and a conservative idea.

Oh wait, case in point, the GOP passed laws that force a woman to buy an ultrasound before they can get an abortion.

Virginia Ultrasound Bill: Republican Lawmaker Calls Abortion 'Lifestyle Convenience'
Wisconsin Republicans pass anti-abortion ultrasound bill | Reuters
Texas to Require Ultrasound Before Abortion - Law and Daily Life
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...nal-limits.ece
Abortion Ultrasound Bill Advances In S.C. - CBS News
Alabama Ultrasound Bill: Clay Scofield, GOP Lawmaker, Backs Down On Transvaginal Procedure
Virginia governor signs pre-abortion ultrasound bill

Quote:
We think it is a serious problem for America to go from a national debt of just below 10 trillion Dollars to right at 17 trillion dollars IN FIVE FREAKING YEARS.
No they don't, Conservative love deficit spending - that is their trademark, but they want to be the party doing the spending.

Quote:
We conservatives are just really wild eyed and radical in our etreme views.....
Conservative TP leaders have gone on record to state that they are ok with a default. Normal GOP members have said some pretty crazy things about evolution, rape, science, etc. as well. According to conservatives Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim.

The 7 Most Outrageous GOP Explanations For Why Rape Victims Can't Get Pregnant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies