Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 07:36 AM

545 posts, read 400,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But it has a set amount right now, and so right-wing crybabies costing the nation $24 billion right now matters
What's the set amount?

Quote:
I'll gladly provide you the details as soon as you admit that you're ignorant about the impact of the shutdown on the economy. I won't spent my time copying and pasting links for you to read unless you are honorable in your inquiry. So which is it? Are you engaging in another deflection game? Or are you sincere in your profession of ignorance about what has been reported by practically every news source?
If it's been so widely reported then finding a few credible sources wouldn't be so time consuming for you. You are just spouting names and insults to mask your own poor thinking and deflections.

Quote:
You didn't read the comment you replied to. Amazing. Utterly amazing.
That paragraph was mostly challenge you to show some character. "Prove to me ... that you have some measure of care for others ... that the life and health of those most vulnerable in society is more important ...
I don't see you even claiming, much less doing so in a convincing way, that you hold to a moral perspective. You dodge and evade addressing yourself to the moral character of that which you support. Probably a very wise move, since, as I've pointed out, you support a perspective that favors a patently immoral prioritization.
I don't even........I can't...dude...my head is starting to hurt from listening to you. What does my moral character have to do with any of this? I told you until I hear from people, those who work normal, everyday jobs that ACA has been beneficial to them then I will give in and let it go. But I have, in real life, sat across and listen to people in their own words tell me how much Obamacare affected them. You can research this yourself. I have put massive emphasis on that and yet you don't want to hear none of that because your hyper, illogical double-think and it is my moral character that is called into question. Again, you're not as smart nor caring as you think of you are.

Quote:
Regardless, I bet you're going to keep yourself and your family insulated from the places where the most vulnerable people in our society live, so you won't ever allow yourself the opportunity to learn first-hand the benefits of ACA doing what it was actually intended to do. How incredibly convenient.
How am I keeping myself insulated from them when I have spoken to them face to face, in the same room?, are you listening to yourself or your own delusions?

Quote:
And your refusal to consider how our current system affects those less affluent doesn't change the way those people have been affected by it.
That doesn't mean we got to rush at some half-ass measure to address it. Now those who in most need of it may have to work two-part time jobs to just break even and with stuff like paying upfront for deductibles doesn't even seem all that affordable, which was the problem to begin with. Is there a need to fix things?, of course but that doesn't mean you have to ram any old half-baked idea through because the elites said so.

Quote:
Imagine that. You find people who are telling you what you want to hear, and declare that they don't have an agenda, and you really think that that is not self-deception? Let's dig into this: Please provide details proving that these people you talked with are the most vulnerable members of our society. Present their monthly budgets showing that they didn't earn enough income to pay for all the essentials of life, and are suffering with treatable conditions because healthcare is what they sacrificed. Let's see you prove that the people you spoke to were the people ACA was supposed to benefit, first, and then let's see you prove that they're not going to be helped by ACA next year. Put up or shut up time. Please show that you're not just engaging in self-delusion. I'll be waiting patiently for your proof.
Wha...what?....really?. For the last time, it's everyday people, Obama supporters, democrats saying how they have been affected by Obamacare. You want to preach the virtues of Obamacare based on not anything that has happened or what is happening now but what some ringleader has told you.

Liberals Mugged By ObamaCare Reality: "This would be funny if it weren't so hazardous to the country. The news is full of stories of people — many of them ObamaCare supporters — who are only now discovering what Democrats managed to impose on the country.

A story in the San Francisco Chronicle, "Health Insurance Shoppers Suffer Sticker Shock," notes how one resident, Shelly Ross, "was looking forward to" ObamaCare "because she was hoping to get a better deal."
Instead, Ross discovered that "every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now."

Local governments cutting hours over Obamacare costs : "Many cash-strapped cities and counties facing the prospect of shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars in new health-care costs under the Affordable Care Act are opting instead to reduce the number of hours their part-time employees work"

Companies still cutting employees’ hours because of Obamacare. Sample tweet : "Wouldn't be so worried about finding a job after school if my current job didn't cut hours. Thanks #ObamaCare"

But, I don't need any of that to let me know how bad it was, I have talked to people, face to face, in the same room, telling me they are struggling now to break even because of Obamacare. And yet no matter how many times I tell you this you keep insisting that I am just listening to bias sources or something and turn around and accuse me of a lack of morality, self-deception and deflection, so typical of liberals.

You want me to supply you with all kinds of irrelevant information (what does their budgets and stuff have to do with it?, and what is essential to one person may be nonessential to the next, and a budget for a family of four in Chicago is different from a budget for a single person in New York, what does that have to do with anything?) after I already given you sufficient information, you stomp your feet, whine and claim it is me who is deflecting and need to prove himself. You want me to prove to you something that will happen next year? How about you prove something that is happening right now like a logical person would do but since nothing that is happening now favors your narrative you dodge it. You don't have to put up or shut up, just shut up.

You are so deep in cognitive dissonance it seems like something straight out of 1984. Disturbing.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 10-20-2013, 08:00 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default "Propaganda machine blamed shutdown on republicans in 41.........."

The 'networks' and other 'mainstream media'shall henceforth be known as "obama's propaganda machine".

Title of OP, "Obama's Propaganda machine blamed shutdown on republicans in 41.........."

Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Look what you made me do!" is the excuse of wifebeaters and terrorists.
What a crock of s***. Do you get Nancy Pelosi's talking points directly in your email or something?

Government is supposed to work with itself to get the people's work done. Since Obama's election, the Democrats have shown exactly ZERO willingness to act like adults and do just that.

So take your lame regurgitated Pelosi crap and place where the sun don't shine. If you can't come up with an original thought, then maybe you should forgo posting online until you can.

Wifebeater. Geez. Get real.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
The proof that republicans caused the shutdown is simple: we ask observed Cruz and his buddies in the house say "scrap ACA or else we shut things down and whack the credit rating." That's exactly what they did, and they weren't shy about it.

And that is why polls show that Americans overwhelmingly blame republicans for what happened.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Did Republicans really think they could cheerlead for a shutdown for weeks, make it happen, and then successfully pretend that it's not their doing and somehow avoid all blame for causing the thing they openly wanted and worked to make happen?

I genuinely don't understand what their thought process was. It's like they didn't think it through at all. They caused a shutdown and got nothing for it other than tanking their approval ratings even more. Now it seems they were hoping that the American people have the collective IQ of a goldfish and would be too stupid to comprehend what they were doing, even though they spent weeks telling us about it.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I know the talking point from republicans is that it was obama who caused this shutdown. Well, one of your people admits it was caused by republicans. Presented to you from the President of Freemdom Works:

FreedomWorks CEO: Shutdown, Debt Crisis Were 'Brilliant Republican Strategy'

yes...

that's brilliant!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And you want the government deciding who is deserving of what kind of care?? Really?

Did Medicare ever iron out its bugs, as you call them?
It has been functioning like it has been intended to do for years. The probelm is when you get politicians adding/subtracting to it for their own projects is what messes up many good things intended for the people.

Do you feel that only certain people with certain conditions deserve care or should everyone have the right for the same care? "Death is the great equalizer"---Unknown

Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Bottom line here is that Republicans failed. Exposed is their vulnerability because of their tea party branch, and the realization that the decision-makers in that party are still imbeciles. To shut down the government to try to force Bush policies on the nation, was an absurd strategy.

Tea party is now hated and despised more than every before, and the Republican party has accelerated its free fall with this move.

Moreover, President Obama continues to reign supreme with his superior ideology. He stood firm and resolve in his convictions. He's a great leader, and an exceptional President.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Government is supposed to work with itself to get the people's work done. Since Obama's election, the Democrats have shown exactly ZERO willingness to act like adults and do just that.
On the contrary, the Democrats actually set aside their intention to pass healthcare reform in the form of universal healthcare, and instead put forward healthcare reform based on a proposal from the conservative Heritage Foundation. The Democrats explicitly compromised. By comparison, the right-wingers have consistently made clear that their only intention from the start was to obstruct and act like petulant children. They have publicly stated that job #1 for them was to make this a one-term President - their words. There is no rational basis on which to point the finger of obstruction of the people's business anywhere other than squarely at the Republicans.

Even though you'll vacuously deny it.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:17 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Yawn.

Got anything new, bUU? I'm getting pretty tired of the same old talking points, over and over and over and over and over and over and over... They weren't accurate the first time you flung them against the wall, and they're no more accurate now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies