Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 10:40 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Cool. There's allegedly ONE individual willing to pay an inflated rate for insurance coverage under Obamacare so that others can be subsidized. Are millions more willing to step up to the plate? Or will they opt for the much less expensive $95 tax penalty?
The 27 year old has pre-existing conditions that have precluded her from getting any insurance whatsoever. Being able to be on her father's insurance for a year was a godsend to her. How expensive do you think it is for her every time she has to see a doctor or have a procedure done, which is often, with no insurance? As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I have two children, 30 and 27. One gets insurance through his employer. The other was covered through her father's insurance until last year, when she was aged out, and her current employer doesn't offer insurance. She is signing up for insurance through the exchanges. They both are smart enough to know the importance of being insured against things they have no control over. I think you are measuring the intelligence of these young, healthy people against your own intelligence level, which is why you continually come to such flawed conclusions.
They're lucky they make enough to be able to afford the premiums and still pay their bills. I'm hearing that many young people, thrust out of their parents' coverage, simply cannot afford the premiums and still meet their living expenses.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM

27 posts, read 18,522 times
Default White House Won’t Say When Obama Knew Of Blocked Military Pay Benefits

The most transparent administration in American history...

Carney dodges qestions on military death-benefit blockage | The Daily Caller

Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They're lucky they make enough to be able to afford the premiums and still pay their bills. I'm hearing that many young people, thrust out of their parents' coverage, simply cannot afford the premiums and still meet their living expenses.
See my post right above yours. Medical bills can pile up really quickly. She puts things off because she can't pay for them, which is going to be detrimental to her health in the long run, but there are no other options for people without insurance. This is the godsend of the ACA. People who have never been in that situation simply have no clue.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,362 times
The "most transparent administration ever" is not.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Cool. There's allegedly ONE individual willing to pay an inflated rate for insurance coverage under Obamacare so that others can be subsidized. Are millions more willing to step up to the plate? Or will they opt for the much less expensive $95 tax penalty?

Here we have but one example of the flawed system known as ACA. How many more will there be? A lot of our fiscal problems can be rooted back to the last 5 years of fiscal irresponsibility - exactly what the holdup is now.
Why can't a 27 year old find employment that offers healthcare when such was unheard of just a decade ago? What happened to all the jobs? The federal government can't produce jobs out of thin air and it is not it job to invest in job growth so their solutions are worthless.

I think many will go the $95 route and sign up for ACA when catastrophically ill. Hey, its the fundamental transformations everyone cheers for, right? They asked for it and they get it - even if it does taste like s***.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Sine Congress operates the purse strings, I would say that they knew about it right away and I am sure Obama knew about it too. But remember, the House owns this shutdown so this is on them. No wonder their approval ratings is in the single digits.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM

89,003 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The 27 year old has pre-existing conditions that have precluded her from getting any insurance whatsoever. Being able to be on her father's insurance for a year was a godsend to her. How expensive do you think it is for her every time she has to see a doctor or have a procedure done, which is often, with no insurance?
She's not healthy, so of course, she'll pay for subsidized insurance.

The others? What will stop the healthy from opting out of the expensive Obamacare insurance costs and just paying the $95 tax penalty? I'd actually like to see what percentage of the young and healthy actually pay the inflated rates for insurance to subsidize others, and what percentage opt out and only pay the $95 tax penalty.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The Budget bill was voted on sept 20, that bill passed in the house and was sent on to the Senate.

Fiscal Year 2013 Budget | Budget.House.Gov

We are in the middle of Budget talks and CR's on Fiscal Year 2014 ....... not 2013.
This is WHY we have a shutdown of the Government -- Fiscal Year 2013 ended on September 30, 2013.
It's only a Partial Shutdown of about 17% of the Government, according to most estimates.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM

89,003 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I think many will go the $95 route and sign up for ACA when catastrophically ill.
Yep. Obama and the Dems have actually set up the financial incentive to do EXACTLY that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies