Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Republicans lie by pretending that Dems (or President Obama) won't negotiate. They cling to this falsehood to hide the fact that they are the PARTY OF NO. But the Dems and President Obama have tried far more to negotiate than Republicans have. Kudos to the Dems and President Obama for standing firm.

19 Times Democrats Tried to Negotiate With Republicans - NationalJournal.com
That was a part of their plan, or maybe even the entire plan. Rand Paul was caught talking to Mitch on a hot mike and they said that if they repeat that line often enough, they might win. Sure enough, that was pretty much all you heard every Republican say after that, despite of the fact that there was some level of negociation every day. People will believe anything if the lie is repeated often enough.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,843,965 times
I doubt we will ever know just how bad a spanking Boehner and cronies took in WH meeting, but a way out of the mess appears likely. Obama speaks with very measured words in public, but in private .....?

No Deal Yet, But Maybe An Opening : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 10-11-2013, 06:01 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Republicans lie by pretending that Dems (or President Obama) won't negotiate. They cling to this falsehood to hide the fact that they are the PARTY OF NO. But the Dems and President Obama have tried far more to negotiate than Republicans have. Kudos to the Dems and President Obama for standing firm.

19 Times Democrats Tried to Negotiate With Republicans - NationalJournal.com
So the president did not say he will NOT negotiate? You calling him a liar?

Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,843,965 times
Kids show again, they are much smarter than adults ...

Yeah, Kids Know About The Government Shutdown, And They Are NOT Cool With It

Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So, the lack of enrollees during the first few years will put the program in the hole by how much? And the government will get that money from where?
Many couldn't even enroll if they wanted to. The Obamacare website is THAT bad.

Very bad move on the part of Obama and the Dems. The young voters, a LARGE part of their voter base, is used to websites working as intended. PLUS they have very short attention spans. The Obamacare launch will be perceived as a failure. The young will "move on."

Quote:
If Obamacare fails, and I do believe it will fail to meet expectations big time, the Dems who pushed so hard for it will be toast.
Exactly. Obama was warned it wouldn't be ready to launch, but his ego wouldn't let him make a rational decision. That will come back to bite him and ALL Dems in the butt.

Quote:
Major insurers, state health-care officials and Democratic allies repeatedly warned the Obama administration in recent months that the new federal health-insurance exchange had significant problems, according to people familiar with the conversations. Despite those warnings and intense criticism from Republicans, the White House proceeded with an Oct. 1 launch.

A week after the federal Web site opened, technical problems continued to plague the system...
Many remain locked out of federal health-care Web site - The Washington Post

Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Boehner: How about a 6 week debt ceiling increase? That will give us time to negotiate.

Obama: Sounds great, let's get it done.

Reid: No! No! No! I will not agree to anything less than 100% of what I want. Screw the dead military members and kids with cancer.

Obama (in a whiny voice): Harry, I don't give a damn about the American people either. But if we don't get something done, I won't be able to play golf this weekend either. I can't miss 2 weekends in a row. Come one Harry, don't do this to me.
Spot on!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
SOMEBODY gets it:
NBC/WSJ poll: 60 percent say fire every member of Congress - First Read

Yes, definitely, vote AGAINST ALL INCUMBENTS!
Exactly!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM

1,406 posts, read 999,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
As a contractor I only get paid in installments based on the contract only once a month or less until the job is complete. All the while having to pay bills and employees.

During 2009 I worked almost a whole year without paying myself to keep my company going.

Welcome to the real world.
Ok. Because you suffered you want everyone else to suffer too. I love your thinking. "If I get treated like crap, then you should too!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many couldn't even enroll if they wanted to. The Obamacare website is THAT bad.

Very bad move on the part of Obama and the Dems. The young voters, a LARGE part of their voter base, is used to websites working as intended. PLUS they have very short attention spans. The Obamacare launch will be perceived as a failure. The young will "move on."

Exactly. Obama was warned it wouldn't be ready to launch, but his ego wouldn't let him make a rational decision. That will come back to bite him and ALL Dems in the butt.

Many remain locked out of federal health-care Web site - The Washington Post
Yep, what was the last $$ count $650,000,000 worth of BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
And in the end, after all the finger pointing, fear mongering, threatening, etc. we end up with
-kick the can down the road by passing CR bills
-raise the debt ceiling

This is the third time now. This is our new budget process.
Both sides seem to like this better than dealing with a true budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.