Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

81-18 on the Senate vote.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Nowhere's near the economic harm Obamacare is doing to this country, making us a nation of PT workers, tripling premiums for those who already had healthcare and fining folks for a system that they can't even sign up on because it is STILL BROKEN.

Kick the can down the road so Dems and the GOP can make the U.S. a step closer to the Weimar Republic every day. Great job.
There are around 15 million people without healthcare, and Obama isn't the cause of our present problems. If Obama care was killed tomorrow problems with the economy would still exist along with cost of health care in the US. Instead of working toward solutions to our unemployment rate, problems with the economy and immigration the only answer was to defund ACA.

One thing we do agree on is they kicked the can down the road for a few months but what else is new, no long term planning just emergency measures to get by until the next meltdown.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Total fakery - both you are happy with how things turned out.

I guess both of you will wake up OR you are on the payroll.

November 2014 is the goal line. I get it. Even if the house burns down. Got it.
Do I detect a bit of anger? Did Ted Cruz's antics cause a bit of trouble to the GOP? You may as well direct your anger toward Cruz. He fragmented the GOP and stressed American citizens at the tune of 24 billion of tax payer dollars.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
http://wfpl.org/post/mcconnell-reid-deal-includes-2-billion-earmark-kentucky-project

Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 PM

Yep. The GOP wants to cut spending. Hahahahah

Quote:
Included in the McConnell-Reid bill that ends the government shutdown, funds Obamacare and lifts the debt ceiling, is apparently a roughly $2 billion increase in the authorization for the Olmsted Lock and Dam project in Kentucky, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home state.

However, there appears to be much more to the story.

The alleged earmark package is being referred to as the “Kentucky Kickback” by the Senate Conservatives Fund as McConnell’s political opponents claim the dollars helped seal his support for the final McConnell-Reid bill.
Mitch McConnell Accused of Sneaking in $2 Billion ‘Kentucky Kickback’ in Budget, Debt Limit Deal

Old 10-16-2013, 06:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They are ALL a bunch of worthless scumbags... None of them can be embarrassed about anything they do...

Old 10-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Do I detect a bit of anger? Did Ted Cruz's antics cause a bit of trouble to the GOP? You may as well direct your anger toward Cruz. He fragmented the GOP and stressed American citizens at the tune of 24 billion of tax payer dollars.
No

I understand that Democrats are invested in defeating the people in their way from taking over the country.

I understand the Republicans in Congress do not have a clue.

I understand you are fake in even caring about the $24 billion - you are carrying out a strategy to pit more people against Cruz, GOP, etc. because they are in the way.

Just seeing the truth for what it is.

And unlike yourself - I will be honest that I am little despondent because I understand we will end up like Argentina of 2001 on the path we are going. Regular people will be hurting when we hit the wall.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Total fakery - both you are happy with how things turned out.

I guess both of you will wake up OR you are on the payroll.

November 2014 is the goal line. I get it. Even if the house burns down. Got it.
I am very sorry for the people that have done without or inconvenienced in extraordinary ways due to the self-serving actions of one man and the jellyfish actions of another, but now that you mention it, if this is the amount of money it takes to rid the government of a stupid, selfish and fanatically ideologic faction, that it might be money well spent. Their presence would cause much more harm and greater expenditures down the road. The economy has been picking up steam and one can only believe that this was burning the butts of jackasses such as Cruz. Yeah, worth the tab to get rid of the garbage.

Quote:
Dissolution of the Long Parliament by Oliver Cromwell given to the House of Commons, 20 April 1653

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!
Quite apropos for the likes of guys like Cruz.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No

I understand that Democrats are invested in defeating the people in their way from taking over the country.

I understand the Republicans in Congress do not have a clue.

I understand you are fake in even caring about the $24 billion - you are carrying out a strategy to pit more people against Cruz, GOP, etc. because they are in the way.

Just seeing the truth for what it is.

And unlike yourself - I will be honest that I am little despondent because I understand we will end up like Argentina of 2001 on the path we are going. Regular people will be hurting when we hit the wall.
No, I care about 24 billion spent to do nothing but terrorize Americans!

No one needs to pit anyone against Cruz. Cruz did more than enough damage to himself!

Stop listening to the likes of Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity and your despondency will soon disappear.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
No, I care about 24 billion spent to do nothing but terrorize Americans!

No one needs to pit anyone against Cruz. Cruz did more than enough damage to himself!

Stop listening to the likes of Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity and your despondency will soon disappear.
Not really on you caring about the $24 billion...

If you think Cruz damaged himself - OK.

Don't listen to any of the above who you mentioned. Don't need to.

Democrats saw an opportunity for political damage. Mission accomplished. Cost $24 billion. Republicans don't know what they are doing - walked right into a sucker punch - continuing loss of credibility. Cost $24 billion.

Tell me how Americans benefit other that 17% of government getting paid again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies