Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals I don't think can adapt. They will be sitting in NY neck high in water calling 911 screaming the tea party is flooding the city. LOL. Hey this whole global warming thing may turn out better than we all thought.
yep, think of all the comedy routines that can be created. as well as all the fresh water lakes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
...b-b-b-but think of the children!
they will just have to learn to adapt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'll be 103.
i will only be 84 OLD MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I couldn't care less what you hope. Give me a reason I should regard this article as 'laughable'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And let's hear your qualifications to be so certain that the majority of the world's scientific community is entirely wrong about climate change. What makes your opposing opinion credible? What is your evidence?
what you guys are forgetting is that since at least 1895, perhaps even earlier, the global wamring alarmist crowd has been making claims like, "if we dont do something now, then within the next thirty years it will be too late".

now given that bit of information, is there any hope for you guys to perhaps see that being an alarmist is rather stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what's with all the polar bear hype!!! lot of natures critters are suffering a terrible fate at the hands of man, and we never here about them..!! polar beras get to much attention, kinda like the words "green" and "free" just a marketing tool to spread a bunch of bs propaganda...
"Global warming could cause polar bears to go extinct by the end of the century by eroding the sea ice that sustains them, according to the most comprehensive international assessment ever done of Arctic climate change."

Study Says Polar Bears Could Face Extinction (washingtonpost.com)

The following link is from the "National Wildlife Federation." It says "As climate change melts sea ice, the U.S. Geological Survey projects that two thirds of polar bears will disappear by 2050."

https://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats...lar-Bears.aspx

Old 10-10-2013, 12:42 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
"Global warming could cause polar bears to go extinct by the end of the century by eroding the sea ice that sustains them, according to the most comprehensive international assessment ever done of Arctic climate change."

Study Says Polar Bears Could Face Extinction (washingtonpost.com)

The following similar link is from the "National Wildlife Federation."

https://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats...lar-Bears.aspx
We have reports up here of polar bears eating each other. Not enough sea ice left, which they use as transportation when hunting seals.
However, leave it up to Republicans to yuk it up and crack jokes about them drinking Coke. They're a real laugh riot.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 AM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
How is this D-day? The worst projections could be pretty bad, but if you have the wealth, I don't see how this would affect you. With large sums of money, you can finpretty much anywhere and it's not as if these things have that much of a bearing if you can pretty much buy property anywhere you damn well please.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:49 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, think of all the comedy routines that can be created. as well as all the fresh water lakes, etc.

they will just have to learn to adapt.

i will only be 84 OLD MAN

what you guys are forgetting is that since at least 1895, perhaps even earlier, the global wamring alarmist crowd has been making claims like, "if we dont do something now, then within the next thirty years it will be too late".

now given that bit of information, is there any hope for you guys to perhaps see that being an alarmist is rather stupid?
1895? Why don't I believe you?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Nm the global warming, jeebus is coming back and will instafix eberyting just like he has instafixed eberything else... Oh wait!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
Guess I don't have to relocate to Florida, if I stay in the northeast will be warm all the time

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Sweetie, you're arguing with people who can't spell, don't know the difference between a Pulitzer and a Nobel Prize, think too much education is harmful, believe the earth is the only planet with a moon, but think they know ALL about science.
Give it up. They'll deny global warming even as they're bursting into flames.
It's the Conservative platform.
I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more than any leftist on this site has ever known.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Starting with the difference between true and false, it seems.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:24 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes the same idiotic computer models and BS have told these loons that 2047 is now D Day for global warming. I guess that gives em another 34 years to lie and scream and howl about how the world is going to end anyway.

"Starting in about a decade, Kingston, Jamaica, will probably be off-the-charts hot — permanently. Other places will soon follow. Singapore in 2028. Mexico City in 2031. Cairo in 2036. Phoenix and Honolulu in 2043. And eventually the whole world in 2047.
A new study on global warming pinpoints the probable dates for when cities and ecosystems around the world will regularly experience hotter environments the likes of which they have never seen before.
And for dozens of cities, mostly in the tropics, those dates are a generation or less away.
"This paper is both innovative and sobering," said Oregon State University professor Jane Lubchenco, former head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, who was not involved in the study.
To arrive at their projections, the researchers used weather observations, computer models and other data to calculate the point at which every year from then on will be warmer than the hottest year ever recorded over the last 150 years."

Study: Temperatures Go off the Charts Around 2047 - ABC News

Perhaps we will luck out and all of the liberals will participate in a mass suicide (like Jonestown) prior to "the end". It would be a fitting end to a perverse cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies