Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 AM

511 posts, read 799,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
The huge dis-information machine (like on Obamacare) from the right. Lots of uninformed people eat that stuff up.
Really, please tell me how these things are just "dis-information"

Immediately, after re-election, Obama allows the payroll tax to expire, taking money out of everyone's paycheck

The IRS scandal

The American people learning that the NSA basically gives us zero privacy. They are monitoring everything.

Benghazi scandal

Coming off as a pansy who can't even catch Snowden. Meanwhile, Russia throws egg in our face by giving Snowden asylum.

Obama desperately trying to cover up his "red line" speech by falsely claiming that the world made the red line. He proves again to the American people that he has no grit when it comes to backing up his words by electing to take no action on Syria when it's obvious that action would be extremely unpopular.

Disappointing job report numbers show that the economy is not on the mend.

Obamacare becames extremely unpopular as people begin to realize that it will end up costing most Americans a lot more money for the same quality care.

Personally, I can't believe 37% still support him.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 AM

511 posts, read 799,405 times
Quote:
The huge dis-information machine (like on Obamacare) from the right. Lots of uninformed people eat that stuff up.
Really, please tell me how these things are just "dis-information"

Immediately, after re-election, Obama allows the payroll tax to expire, taking money out of everyone's paycheck

The IRS scandal

The American people learning that the NSA basically gives us zero privacy. They are monitoring everything.

Benghazi scandal

Coming off as a pansy who can't even catch Snowden. Meanwhile, Russia throws egg in our face by giving Snowden asylum.

Obama desperately trying to cover up his "red line" speech by falsely claiming that the world made the red line. He proves again to the American people that he has no grit when it comes to backing up his words by electing to take no action on Syria when it's obvious that action would be extremely unpopular.

Disappointing job report numbers show that the economy is not on the mend.

Obamacare becomes extremely unpopular as people begin to realize that it will end up costing most Americans a lot more money for the same quality care.

Personally, I can't believe 37% still support him.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:09 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
32 postings and 6 complete 100% deflections....way to go lefties....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I know it's difficult for you to understand .... but these lousy GOP numbers directly relate to Obama's own approval rating.

The stubborn GOP is making the government as a whole look bad ... and Obama is taking the heat for it.

When the GOP finally comes to it's senses, and passes a budget ... watch Obama's number go right back up again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
That 37% looks real big in comparison to the 5% congress rates.

Congress Approval Rating Drops To Dismal 5 Percent In Poll

No one should be at all surprised by low ratings for any and all government entities when a silly, potentially damaging shutdown looms as a result of partisan gridlock. But the numbers show that the public is well aware of which side shoulders the blame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's actually pretty high considering Congress just hit 5%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Another thing I just read ....

Gallup polls show that the Republican Party as a whole was down 10 percentage points ... to 28%.

28% is the lowest it has ever been since the question was first asked back in 1992.

Debt-Limt Prospects Gain as Both Sides Open to Short Deal - Bloomberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Gallup: GOP's Approval Rating Lowest in 21 Years
Quote:
Like this illustrious one..

‘Death Panel’ Inventor Betsy McCaughey Warns Obamacare Will Force Doctors To Ask You About Buttsex
Read more at ‘Death Panel’ Inventor Betsy McCaughey Warns Obamacare Will Force Doctors To Ask You About Buttsex

Old 10-10-2013, 07:12 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
FYI for those who are compelled to think the "5%" only applies to the House (you know who you are). Congress = Senate and House for polling purposes.
Only in the minds of peolpe who are not brain washed...the 5% = house and senate

For the rest of the brainwashed, 5% = house only...

Typical leftist thinking and math...

Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yes, I know Congress' approval rating is lower but can liberals point to anything specifically as to why his approval rating is 37%? What sunk him so fast?

Actually, according to Real Clear Politics, it's more like 44.3

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Old 10-10-2013, 07:20 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,161 times
Quote:

The other thing that Republicans should have as their mantra is "fairness." They should use that word a lot because Obama plays favorites in everything he does. People hate it when they don't think they have been treated the same as someone else. Year after year the IRS always used to survey/poll on what was important and fairness was always the top response. People want to know their neighbors aren't cheating and getting away with it. So, I was thinking that whole illegal alien rally at the monuments right after the WWII veterans were treated like crap, really ticked off more people than anything else because most families have or had a WWII veteran in them. But, that's just a guess.

I think part of Obama's sinking ratings stems from the sheer pettiness of the events of the shutdown -- the "closing" of the open monuments, the illegal alien rally, and the embarrassing situation he created with the WWII veterans.

I also feel that he is starting to lose some support in the MSM. This week, CBS had an unflattering segment on the healthcare.gov debacle that really pinned the blame directly (and fairly) on the Obama Adminstration.

Regardless of whether he himself made the call on these events, he IS the president, and he's going to take the blame. He strikes me as a small, petty, vindictive person. What he doesn't strike me as is a leader. I won't be shocked if his approval rating sinks further next week.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Duh ... there are a few crises going on. Who would expect anything other than the Prez, no matter who the Prez is, approval rating to lower?
Yes and some of the crises you speak of have been made worse by poor leadership from our current Prez.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Yes, I know Congress' approval rating is lower but can liberals point to anything specifically as to why his approval rating is 37%? What sunk him so fast?
Because Obama is awful.

But that doesn't make the current Republican party any better.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:04 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
I think a question is why is Congress approval lower then dog poop? Literally!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yes and some of the crises you speak of have been made worse by poor leadership from our current Prez.
You have a point. Obama did pay the last Repub ransom demand in 2011. He should not have done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies