Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam1 View Post
Mysterious Pro-Secession Billboard Appears In Missouri | ThinkProgress

As of yet, it is not clear who is behind the billboard — and it’s worth noting that, whoever is behind the effort, they appear unaware of the fact that Michigan is not contiguous with the other four states the billboard lists.

I think it's safe to say that education will not be a priority in "der new contree"

Idiots!

MI is MICHIGAN
MS is MISSISSIPPI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No, she does not still own a home in Wasilla. The Palins have not been residents of Alaska for more than two years. Todd still owns a remote piece of property in his name, and he still runs the Iron Dog race every year. They sold their home in Wasilla in 2011.
I see she got the heck out of that state as fast as she could. Surprised she wasn't living in Phoenix when she was your governor for 2 minutes.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Idiots!

MI is MICHIGAN
MS is MISSISSIPPI
Yep, whoever created that billboard is clearly an idiot. Not every day we agree on something, but I definitely agree with you here.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yup, I'm aware of that. I've been told that Jackson is so hated in Oklahoma the people of the Nations refuse to accept $20 bills.

Which is why I was absolutely shocked when one of our C-D contributors who claims his location as 'Cherokee Nation' started a thread last year praising Andrew Jackson's fiscal policies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Some are not raised to be the victim. History is the past, tomorrow is the future. You can never go back, you can always go forward.

Well, I don't really consider myself a victim. I was just trying to point out that Andrew Jackson is hated in Oklahoma. So when you say that Andrew Jackson threatened to cut off John C. Calhoun's head if he tried to secede. It just reminds me of what an a-hole Andrew Jackson was.

I mean, I bet many people in the old union states. When they hear the story about Andrew Jackson threatening to cut off Calhoun's head. Probably think its either funny, or they think he was a "patriot". Standing up to the "traitors", who would destroy this country. The same thing can probably said for Alexander Hamilton. Who wanted to basically invade Virginia in 1798, after James Madison and Thomas Jefferson issued their Kentucky and Virginia resolutions. And then of course Abraham Lincoln. Who not only to kill people who tried to leave the union. He did so. Under his watch, 650,000 American died in an unnecessary war. Slavery was going to die regardless. What other major country fought a war to end slavery? None.

The Civil War was not really fought to end slavery. Whether or not that is the major issue of the day. The Civil War was fought to end the debate over whether secession was legal. And whether or not we were a single nation, or a union of states. Lincoln declared we were a single nation, indivisible. And he used every means he possibly could to enforce that view.

I recognize who Andrew Jackson was. And just like with everyone else. There is both good about him, and bad. I mean, there are plenty of virtuous things to say about a Mao or a Hitler for that matter. My friend used to say all the time, "Take good advice, regardless of where it comes from." Andrew Jackson ended the second national bank, and actually paid off the national debt. That's good, and I'll give him credit for it. But, in everything else, he was a douchebag.

Libertarianism: Libertarian Presidents

Abraham Lincoln The Treasonous TYRANT - Judge Napolitano - YouTube

Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM

638 posts, read 624,105 times
uh...just a dumb billboard. These states aren't leaving. This, along with the state fair and todd akin, plus the move to the sec, is gonna turn Missouri into Missabama in 10 years

Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM

408 posts, read 393,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
uh...just a dumb billboard. These states aren't leaving. This, along with the state fair and todd akin, plus the move to the sec, is gonna turn Missouri into Missabama in 10 years
Heah in Jawga, we give thanks for the great state of Alabama. Why, if it wasn't for 'Bama, Jawga would have to sit next to Mississippi.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
This is like something out of the onion.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:04 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
The inclusion of Missouri seems odd ..... maybe they just don't want to get left behind in case there is a big move.
All joking aside .... and this has to be a joke, but "secession" itself is not really a joke.

There are serious secession movements now in at least 5 States - movements to separate from their State.
Colorado - California - Vermont - Maine and the most recent I heard about was a portion of Michigan. All of this has more to do with Rural~vs~Urban ..... which I think fuels the biggest divide in the USA.

Quote:
The Civil War was fought to end the debate over whether secession was legal. And whether or not we were a single nation, or a union of states. Lincoln declared we were a single nation, indivisible.
One thing has become clear over the last decade - we are NOT a "single nation". We are a very divided Nation.
"Treason, Traitor, anarchist, arsonist, jihadist, Terrorist, Racist" The divisiveness is deliberate, in fact it's celebrated in some cases. People keep thinking it's going to get better soon - but it continues to just get worse. The US~vs~THEM Mentality is very bad.

I have no idea how it will all end - but there are a lot of people in the USA today that feel they are captives with no voice at all in Government, and in come cases - no voice in how we are instructed to live our lives. It worries me that the entire mess could just explode. This Shutdown is bad, the way it's been handled by the Administration is even worse. The attacks on Veterans, live and dead - is almost designed to enrage people, and it worked. What's the end game? What will any of them if they finally push people too far? ... and I do mean people on both sides. The over-the-top rhetoric over politics is never ending - none of them care about "people" or how ripped apart our County has become. A Debt Ceiling crisis with the same sort of "punishing" strategy could just do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies